Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Aug 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1996446)   #1
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RPM Rally - Manx International

I just watched highlights of this year's Manx rally on RPM Rally, as I've come to expect from this little gem of a program (thanks Motors TV!), there were some lovely action shots. What on earth is the Little London stage all about? From my armchair, it looked very very hairy!

I think the definition of brave and fearless in every dictiionary should just read Donnelly and Mikkelsen going 10/10ths on tarmac. It makes watching the program both exciting and somewhat nerve-wracking! I think Andreas set 15 fastest times and went off probably just as many times! He reminds me Petter when he broke onto the world stage, very fast in his Ford but had issues keeping it on the black stuff.

One thing which confused me a bit was that Mark Higgins was in a Group N car. Did he enter the rally only as part of the British rally championship contigent or did he enter the Irish tarmac section as well? Do competitors in the Irish tarmac championship have to use both WRC and Group N cars throughout the season?

Someone please enlighten me. Cheers.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1996489)   #2
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all BRC rounds, Miggins runs the GpN. All the Tarmac rounds that don't run together with the BRC, he's in the WRC.

Competitors in the ITRC run whatever they want. Think Miggins is confusing you. He had the BRC deal, then got a chance to do the ITRC rounds later.

Kris Meeke will be in Miggins' WRC, in the Ulster Rally (31 Aug-1 Sep 07), Mark will be in his GpN car. More confused?
Old 27 Aug 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1997541)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12
..More confused?

My head hurts. Just kidding, thanks for the explanation. I can't wait to see Kris on the Ulster. Very exciting to watch. What is he currently up to? I don't think he has a full time drive yet. A real shame.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 23:08 (Ref:1998024)   #4
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
My head hurts. Just kidding, thanks for the explanation. I can't wait to see Kris on the Ulster. Very exciting to watch. What is he currently up to? I don't think he has a full time drive yet. A real shame.
Meeke is just doing the odd ITRC round this year, as WRC options didn't work out.