Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3874159)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
(NZ) Skope Classic

1st of the three NZ race meetings with added interest from Formula Juniors, shipped from Europe and elsewhere.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3875590)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had an e mail to say container has arrived in NZ .
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3875592)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had an e mail to say container has arrived in NZ .
Hopefully with the car and gear still in it!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3878622)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Two more sleeps . Well in my bed at home . Then 30 hours on three aeroplanes .
Old 25 Jan 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3878626)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Sounds a bit greedy......
Old 26 Jan 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3878759)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Safe travels and have a great time !
Old 26 Jan 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3879172)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, bags packed, weighed, repacked to meet limits, sat on, zipped up. Just got to get to sleep now, wondering what that vital item is I've forgotten to pack. It'll come to me at 2am, always does
Old 27 Jan 2019, 08:44 (Ref:3879423)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
God speed (and good speed) to you both. We're excited waiting for the updates, how you two must feel is indescribable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Feb 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3881087)   #9
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if it is a copy of this one?
http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...r-Championship
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3881090)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is also a thread here at ten/tenths regarding "Anglia Breadvans". Some pics and history of various (Anglia Fastback / Breadvan) cars.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107169

Some info and a pic of what looks like the #105 car here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...a_Race_car.jpg
Referred to as a replica of a 60's car that ran a Corvette engine! (The replica doesnt)

Last edited by E.B; 1 Feb 2019 at 11:19. Reason: Added #105 link at wiki
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3881098)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thought I’d seen some info on ‘breadvans’ before! Cool!
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3881101)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember them in period when I was racing a straight forward Anglia twincam here in the north.
I'm fairly sure one was raced by Frank Radisicz - Paul's dad, I believe.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3881106)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I'm fairly sure one was raced by Frank Radisicz - Paul's dad, I believe.
Yes, in fact his name is mentioned in another thread re NZ Anglia Fastbacks at roaring season... as well as photos.
http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...advan-Anglia-s
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3881287)   #14
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results here... https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1626076
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3881288)   #15
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Alan, not how I remember it but clears up a few mysteries🤣

One surprise is just how quick some of the Fiat engined cars have become. Just saying......
Old 2 Feb 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3881303)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
One surprise is just how quick some of the Fiat engined cars have become. Just saying......
Mmm, remember a year or two back some paddock discussion about possible development of that engine type! Fingers crossed your fuel tank issue can be managed......
Old 3 Feb 2019, 07:38 (Ref:3881600)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Iain is'nt remaining simple the sign of great champions? Have fun and thanks for sharing what a pleasure it is to read about your aventures!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3881603)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Iain is'nt remaining simple the sign of great champions? Have fun and thanks for sharing what a pleasure it is to read about your aventures!
👍
Old 3 Feb 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3881609)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Howden joined us for bbq this evening, left when the conversation got a bit too robust even for an antipodean🤣 Charming guy who listened patiently to our tales of derring do but who must have so many stories of his own to tell, much too modest to interrupt. Gave us some good pointers for places worth visiting, you'd think he would know these islands inside out but he's still discovering places he hasn't been before. A real gent of the old school.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3881892)   #20
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Howden joined us for bbq this evening, left when the conversation got a bit too robust even for an antipodean�� Charming guy who listened patiently to our tales of derring do but who must have so many stories of his own to tell, much too modest to interrupt. Gave us some good pointers for places worth visiting, you'd think he would know these islands inside out but he's still discovering places he hasn't been before. A real gent of the old school.
You read Howden's book, Colin? Its brilliant, he signed my copy at the HSCC DD a few years ago. One of the best racing books I have!
Old 24 Mar 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3893100)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sorry Dan, missed your post. Not read Howden's book yet, currently on Tony Goodwin's story, Howden's next!

As the season is kicking off over here I reckon I ought to post some of the pics from my early start in NZ. To get you in the mood while I rummage through my phone here's a bit of in-car footage from Ruapuna viewed from Michael Sexton's Stanguellini which was 1 of 3 front-engine cars involved in a midfield tussle for the first half of the race. I started at the front of this scrap, and finished at the back handicapped by having to hang on to the gearstick to stop it jumping out of gear through the corners. Driver's Excuse book page 24 number 6 Robin Lackford in his Elva was the other participant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1bmYvLjqG4