Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 May 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3642071)   #1
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park - British GT - Campsite

Can anyone give me some pointers on the marshals campsite for British GT in a couple of weeks?

Where is it? What facilities (power/showers/etc) do we have? Can we get in from the Friday afternoon?

(It's been a while since been to Oulton, much to my shame)
Old 16 May 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3642089)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At Oulton, camping is usually on the infield at Lodge corner - I think the Gold Cup is the only exception.

Last time I was there, there is no power provided. Can't remember about showers as our van has it's own. Generally I think you can get in from the afternoon of the previous day but need to leave on the evening of the event.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with better information than that!
Old 16 May 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3642098)   #3
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
At Oulton, camping is usually on the infield at Lodge corner - I think the Gold Cup is the only exception.

Last time I was there, there is no power provided. Can't remember about showers as our van has it's own. Generally I think you can get in from the afternoon of the previous day but need to leave on the evening of the event.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with better information than that!
So that'll be a request for Lodge Corner then to minimise the walks
Old 16 May 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3642102)   #4
GazJacobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Black Country
GazJacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park - British GT - Campsite

When I camped at Oulton last year for the BTCC the marshals campsite was behind the public site behind Old Hall corner & the facilities were shared between both. Don't know about power as I was in a tent & could only find space over by the lake.

I'll be traveling between the track & my brothers place in Rochdale for the British GT meeting but good luck.
Old 16 May 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3642241)   #5
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the campsite for GTs last year. Showers over by the med centre. Plenty of them, but it's like being back at school. I managed to get in at 17.20 on the Friday afternoon.
Old 17 May 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3642386)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
So that'll be a request for Lodge Corner then to minimise the walks
Better than that, last time I was there it meant Jan could nip over with snacks and freshly made coffee. She didn't, of course, but she could have done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazJacobs View Post
When I camped at Oulton last year for the BTCC the marshals campsite was behind the public site behind Old Hall corner.
That may be just the bigger meetings? It was also there for the Gold Cup last time I went.