Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4061398)   #2226
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Has Ted Kravitz got anything to contribute? Does anyone want to know his opinion about tents and camping when they have tuned in to watch F1? Also, why are all the Sky people sneering about the term Sprint ?
It’s not so much sneering, as they have been told not to call the Saturday event a race, they are to call it a Sprint.
When talking about starting grids, overtaking etc, it’s hard not to call it a race.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4061401)   #2227
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
C4 coverage of the Silverstone GP is so superior in every way to Sky imho. Polished, clear and concise reporting with more than just a hint of humour, DC and co have in spades.

I haven't watched C4's coverage in ages and it made a welcome change. Having both David Coulthard and Mark Webber is a bonus.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4061410)   #2228
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I haven't watched C4's coverage in ages and it made a welcome change. Having both David Coulthard and Mark Webber is a bonus.
I'm @ Santa Pod this weekend, so when I get home tonight I'll swap the recording from Sky Sports to C4 and see what it's like.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4061505)   #2229
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post

For 130mins, not once was there a hint of bias during the broadcast.
No problem with bias from me.

Watching and listening to the emotion of Ned Jarratt calling Dale crossing the line to win the 1993 Daytona 500 will remain one of my highlights in my 35 years of watching motor racing.

Murray's call of Damon Hill winning the World Championship likewise.

A sporting commentating sharing their unbridled joy or disappointment makes great TV IMHO.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4061508)   #2230
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here in Australia we only get the Sky version and it is via Pay TV.

The coverage is heaps better than the good old days of Free to Air on Ch9.

I don't mind the Ted Kravitz behind the scenes stuff and even our local Supercars series is starting to do similar.

Someone really needs to remind the Sky Team that most of the English "speaking" world is listening to them and not just the "English" though as the lopsided coverage towards British drivers gets annoying.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 03:34 (Ref:4061524)   #2231
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
Three Brits in the top eight....
I hadn't noticed PV.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4061567)   #2232
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Someone really needs to remind the Sky Team that most of the English "speaking" world is listening to them and not just the "English" though as the lopsided coverage towards British drivers gets annoying.
Sky are not providing a world feed, it’s your local broadcaster buying access to the coverage Sky UK produce for their primary customer, that’s UK viewers.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4061721)   #2233
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old Clever Dick Ted - cannot tell the difference between Sainz and Leclerc radio messages…..
Old 18 Jul 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4061734)   #2234
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Has Ted Kravitz got anything to contribute? Does anyone want to know his opinion about tents and camping when they have tuned in to watch F1? Also, why are all the Sky people sneering about the term Sprint ?
Because they had to stay later at the track than normal…

(And, no, Ted Kravitz has absolutely no idea at all.)
Old 18 Jul 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4061797)   #2235
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kravitz was dreadful in the post race interview with Horner, he was incapable of asking questions or challenging the rubbish Horner was spouting,
Old 18 Jul 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4061800)   #2236
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of this season I have watched F1 streamed by either ORF or Servus from Austria. Whilst Servus is a Red Bull organisation the coverage cannot be classed as biased. Well back this weekend to Channel 4 and what a difference. It should really be renamed Channel Red Bull and when will they make Christian Horner the lead commentator as he seemed to spend as much time on air as the commentators.

Back to ORF and Servus next time.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4061876)   #2237
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watch Channel 4 in the UK as I have no choice (or at least no wish to pay for a choice). I thought the coverage today was very good, I enjoyed the show a lot. The piece with Tom Cruise was hilarious as was the 'taxi spoof' with Max. But there is significant Red Bull influence. Why we always have the link with Horner, I don't know, other than the clear links that DC and MW have with the team. It's in Horner's interest to maintain those links, however it would be nice to hear more often from other team principals during the race.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4061886)   #2238
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn that British broadcaster Sky UK Limited for focusing their coverage on British drivers.

Oh, wait. Damn that British broadcaster Channel 4 for focusing their coverage on teams on the grid who are not British.

If the next round does not feature an equal percentage of coverage from every team / driver on the grid - I'm going to write a sternly worded forum post in disgust.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4061889)   #2239
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Damn that British broadcaster Sky UK Limited for focusing their coverage on British drivers.

Oh, wait. Damn that British broadcaster Channel 4 for focusing their coverage on teams on the grid who are not British.

If the next round does not feature an equal percentage of coverage from every team / driver on the grid - I'm going to write a sternly worded forum post in disgust.
Send an email to Mr Masi........ It will have the same effect as posting here.....
Old 18 Jul 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4061909)   #2240
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a coup for C4 enlisting the services of Tom Cruise, absolutely loved it and DC and Mark Webber are excellent with the commentary.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4061911)   #2241
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will never resort to satellite viewing for F1 find it ridiculous that you can’t watch full races on terrestrial TV like the bbc had yrs ago. But the coverage over the weekend by c4 has been superb added bonus of Mr Cruise but all the other bits and pieces were just as worthy. Fantastic effort C4 oh and well done Alice Powell winning the W series event.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4061921)   #2242
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Will never resort to satellite viewing for F1 find it ridiculous that you can’t watch full races on terrestrial TV like the bbc had yrs ago. But the coverage over the weekend by c4 has been superb added bonus of Mr Cruise but all the other bits and pieces were just as worthy. Fantastic effort C4 oh and well done Alice Powell winning the W series event.
Totally agree apart from the unlucky Ms Wohlwend who rather suffered from a totally unnecessary safety car. But then I would say that as my son was working on her car this weekend.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4061924)   #2243
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Well back this weekend to Channel 4 and what a difference. It should really be renamed Channel Red Bull and when will they make Christian Horner the lead commentator as he seemed to spend as much time on air as the commentators.
glad it's not just me that felt this too. sat there and wondered whether we were watching an entirely different incident at home to the gruesome twosome.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4062014)   #2244
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
How much of the Channel 4 'Red Bull bias' is down to Coulthard and Webber - and how much is it Red Bull making themselves available more than other teams? I think a lot of it is Red Bull are just very good at putting themselves out there. In the build up to the weekend Red Bull did a race around Goodwood against a black cab, routemaster bus, Spitfire etc etc - how many other teams did something similar? They do a lot of F1 demo runs in cities and countries that don't have F1 races - other teams don't do that (certainly not to the same extent). I'm no Red Bull fanboy - I have a particularly low opinion of Helmut Marko (I'm sure he'll be devestated to learn ) but you do have to admit that they use their various assests well for 'publicity stunts'.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4062017)   #2245
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

"AND HAMILTON GOES FOR THE LUNGE but now we cut away to our obligatory ten minutes of following Giovanazzi pound round the circuit alone in 15th..."
Old 19 Jul 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4062029)   #2246
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
How much of the Channel 4 'Red Bull bias' is down to Coulthard and Webber - and how much is it Red Bull making themselves available more than other teams? I think a lot of it is Red Bull are just very good at putting themselves out there. In the build up to the weekend Red Bull did a race around Goodwood against a black cab, routemaster bus, Spitfire etc etc - how many other teams did something similar? They do a lot of F1 demo runs in cities and countries that don't have F1 races - other teams don't do that (certainly not to the same extent). I'm no Red Bull fanboy - I have a particularly low opinion of Helmut Marko (I'm sure he'll be devestated to learn ) but you do have to admit that they use their various assests well for 'publicity stunts'.
You nailed it, Horner and co just make themselves more available. You can chose whether or not to listen but for me the C4 team are just better presenters.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4062030)   #2247
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yes let's face it, without Red Bull and C4 we would be deprived of a lot of access to the background of F1, but it comes at a cost, which is the promotion of Red Bull. Also I dislike Marko and his approach to drivers.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4062046)   #2248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Marko is just a naturally dislikeable person, isn't he? Horner has his moments too. Like him or dislike him (for whatever reason) but there is more of the 'gentleman' in Toto - IMO (FWIW).
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4062065)   #2249
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Marko is just a naturally dislikeable person, isn't he? Horner has his moments too. Like him or dislike him (for whatever reason) but there is more of the 'gentleman' in Toto - IMO (FWIW).

What is it with Marko? He comes across as very unpleasant.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4062075)   #2250
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's always had that reputation, even when he ran his own team.

Tags
pinks