Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4073311)   #2376
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. Murray should have been let go in the ‘80s.

(Copy and pasted)
Old 12 Sep 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4073363)   #2377
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sky are really pushing the divisive angle for the Hamilton/Verstappen incident.

"What did you think about the incident?", asks Simon Lazenby, "whose fault was it?".

The televisual equivalent of clickbait.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4073367)   #2378
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sky are really pushing the divisive angle for the Hamilton/Verstappen incident.

"What did you think about the incident?", asks Simon Lazenby, "whose fault was it?".

The televisual equivalent of clickbait.
I can’t help but feel that on most TV stations where they have a presenter with no race experience, that same question is being put to their pundits.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4073371)   #2379
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far Hill, Herbert, di Resta and Massa have said 50/50, racing incident. Even Horner said that.

Wolff... likened it to a footballing professional foul, which in my view wasn't that helpful.

I think the infinite slicing and dicing is tiresome!
Old 12 Sep 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4073458)   #2380
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As most agree I suspect, if turn 4 on lap 1 needed no investigation, then turn 1's antics were a racing incident.....
Old 12 Sep 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4073468)   #2381
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We look for the tiny scraps of evidence that the sky coverage is too British. Criticizing every take because of this. Yet in this case example it seems there is no evidence whatsoever. Remember to forget that in the future.

When the coverage is crap it’s because it is crap. I buy the stupidly tabloid, or the shouty criticism. The picky mistakes and over jingoistic isn’t really warranted. The first is no worse than most Motorsport coverage I see. There is some bias in what they chose to cover, but their pretty fair in that coverage.

They hit the mood with us all being very happy for Dani Ric and McLaren today.

I avoided the post race as I knew it would be crass and tabloidy.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4074231)   #2382
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Croft trying to showcase his education by inserting the phrase "papaya orange Mclaren" into every 3rd sentence was something I found very irritating for some reason.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4074232)   #2383
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Are we watching the same coverage?
The old men Herbert snd Hill came out as totally MV fault with the younger generation a racing incident
The fact that Horner said it was a racing incident leads us to believe he to believes fault was on side of MV.
Does it matter
It’s just another race !
Kept you all entertained
It’s going to happen again
Old 16 Sep 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4074233)   #2384
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Hill was funny. It was like he was whisked back in time to 1994. Some sort of post traumatic stress psychosis.

"I thought Schumac...Verstappen was well out of order for what he did to me...I mean Hamilton. Yeah what he did to Hamilton."
Old 16 Sep 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4074247)   #2385
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Considering in 95 he clashed with Schumi at Silverstone and Monza, the memories must have come flooding back
Old 16 Sep 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4074248)   #2386
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Hill was funny. It was like he was whisked back in time to 1994. Some sort of post traumatic stress psychosis.

"I thought Schumac...Verstappen was well out of order for what he did to me...I mean Hamilton. Yeah what he did to Hamilton."

Did he really say that?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4074269)   #2387
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, out of curiosity, what did he actually say?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4074270)   #2388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yes, out of curiosity, what did he actually say?
Not sure if it is this quote:

"I have to say, looking at the rerun of Max on Lewis in Turn 1, there was no way he was going to make that work.

“He had to take evasive action, as Lewis did in the second chicane previously to avoid an accident, so the only conclusion is he might have been thinking ‘I have to take him out’.

“Now I don’t want to think that of any driver, but I think it was either an error of judgement or a calculated move to collide with Lewis."
Old 16 Sep 2021, 23:35 (Ref:4074282)   #2389
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not sure if it is this quote:

"I have to say, looking at the rerun of Max on Lewis in Turn 1, there was no way he was going to make that work.

“He had to take evasive action, as Lewis did in the second chicane previously to avoid an accident, so the only conclusion is he might have been thinking ‘I have to take him out’.

“Now I don’t want to think that of any driver, but I think it was either an error of judgement or a calculated move to collide with Lewis."
well Ralf Schumacher, accredited media and Schumi's brother is alledged tp have said that the best option was to take Hamilton out.
If that is the way some F1 people think then what is motivating some people?
Is it all a bit too much?
Old 17 Sep 2021, 04:13 (Ref:4074301)   #2390
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
well Ralf Schumacher, accredited media and Schumi's brother is alledged tp have said that the best option was to take Hamilton out.
If that is the way some F1 people think then what is motivating some people?
Is it all a bit too much?
Ralf Schumacher - Jaques Villenuerve both on the peripherals desperate for attention ….
Old 17 Sep 2021, 05:24 (Ref:4074306)   #2391
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Considering in 95 he clashed with Schumi at Silverstone and Monza, the memories must have come flooding back
Especially as Hill was at fault for both and they were just two of many mistakes that Williams drivers made that year.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 06:16 (Ref:4074308)   #2392
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Especially as Hill was at fault for both and they were just two of many mistakes that Williams drivers made that year.
I was thinking it was the memory of Adelaide 1994.....
Old 17 Sep 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4074311)   #2393
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Not that Schumi was completely innocent that season, remember Spa?
Old 24 Sep 2021, 23:53 (Ref:4075336)   #2394
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You are very wrong here. You’re seeing a battle on a forum. Or trying to encourage one.

As demonstrated, every country has annoying people, but generally, most people are fully aware of the dynamic, including sky itself, that it is British centric coverage used by other countries too. They just have different views as to what they like!
Generally speaking, across all sports, English commentators are the best. It's mostly due to being able to express neutrality. I reference Martin Tyler before in the Euro Cup final, which was a classic example. But I can give other examples.

The Sky F1 team is terrible, momentarily improved with Button at Zandvoort.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 01:26 (Ref:4075351)   #2395
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I liked Rosberg at Hungary too.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 02:07 (Ref:4075353)   #2396
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Massa’s brief contribution at Monza was excellent.Guess he is busy with Brazilian TV but it would be good if they could get him to contribute regularly.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4075369)   #2397
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As an Australian we get the full Sky coverage and someone needs to remind them that they are broadcasting for most of the English speaking world and they need to stop being Hamilton/Norris/Russell fan boys during the coverage.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4075377)   #2398
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not the first time you have suggested that PVDA, but the answer remains the say as the last time you mentioned it …..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Someone really needs to remind the Sky Team that most of the English "speaking" world is listening to them and not just the "English" though as the lopsided coverage towards British drivers gets annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Sky are not providing a world feed, it’s your local broadcaster buying access to the coverage Sky UK produce for their primary customer, that’s UK viewers.
There are other English language race feeds available, but none have the extensive overall event coverage Sky does.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4075422)   #2399
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
As an Australian we get the full Sky coverage and someone needs to remind them that they are broadcasting for most of the English speaking world and they need to stop being Hamilton/Norris/Russell fan boys during the coverage.
Danny Ric is also I have to say very much a favoured driver in the Sky coverage
Old 25 Sep 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4075444)   #2400
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Today they banged on and on about Norris, it’s ridiculous.

Tags
pinks