Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 May 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3902407)   #626
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaron Camron was driving the Audi for MPC
Old 7 May 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3902429)   #627
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
So which unamed drivers ran cars?

ANY Names then
Saw that Chelsea Angelo was at the track on her Instagram. Don't know if she was driving anything though.
Old 7 May 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3902432)   #628
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Currently trying to identify who was in the blue Subaru and Bright's second Golf, whilst he was driving his own

From someone on site yesterday, there were allegedly numerous drivers, helmet in hand, lining up to have a go and to shore up deals. The next two weeks should be interesting. I suppose it probably didn't help that 3 cars are still in the mail, and one team being a no-show.
Old 9 May 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3902722)   #629
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Here are the Renault mob...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 May 2019, 07:18 (Ref:3902736)   #630
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Currently trying to identify who was in the blue Subaru and Bright's second Golf, whilst he was driving his own

From someone on site yesterday, there were allegedly numerous drivers, helmet in hand, lining up to have a go and to shore up deals. The next two weeks should be interesting. I suppose it probably didn't help that 3 cars are still in the mail, and one team being a no-show.
Not sure about the Subaru but AH was in Golf for filming.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3902742)   #631
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AH?
Old 9 May 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3902755)   #632
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andre Heimgartner

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 9 May 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3902756)   #633
Umai Naa
Veteran

Interesting.
Old 9 May 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3902770)   #634
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Here are the Renault mob...

A little livery inspiration for GRM...
Old 10 May 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3902896)   #635
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Johnson (TCR - Ford)

Hi all not sure if this was discussed, but has any one heard if FORD are going to get involved. Would be great to see Team Johnson in this game
Old 11 May 2019, 01:27 (Ref:3903093)   #636
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hanging for someone to enter a Lynk & Co and some point

Quote:
I also wonder if Mr Bright will be instructed to give his cars the facelifted bumpers, since allegedly there's an unwritten agreement about all cars having to be the latest model, for the sake of appearance?

Said rule had apparently prevented a potential 2-car team from entering a pair of FK2 Civics they were in the process of buying.
What a ridiculous rule for a start-up series

I can understand a desire to have all 'late-model' cars on track, but turning away a team before you've held an event sounds about as short sighted in my opinion as putting the car/grid limit in place and not working out a deal with Rod Salmon
Old 11 May 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3903116)   #637
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

One round or more?
Old 11 May 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3903139)   #638
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think most would have thought she'd have had one of the paid for seats already, given the previous relationship with Payce...
Old 11 May 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3903140)   #639
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I'm hanging for someone to enter a Lynk & Co and some point
Superb!

Fun fact: the Civic TCR is technically an FK7 (standard Civic) not a Civic Type R which is an FK8 model code. I take it that is because the rules require cars to run conventional MacPhearson struts up front and disallow any kind of those dual-axis split-knuckle things like those found on the FK8?

Given that, I guess these TCR cars have some rather dramatic torque steer on the exit of very low speed corners (say under 80 kph)?

Quote:
What a ridiculous rule for a start-up series

I can understand a desire to have all 'late-model' cars on track, but turning away a team before you've held an event sounds about as short sighted in my opinion as putting the car/grid limit in place and not working out a deal with Rod Salmon

I don't know. If you buy the current model Civic it will be in date for a long time, which rather offsets the slightly higher purchase price. If you buy the old model, it is only going to get more and more out of date, when it's 5 years out of production it's not a good look for the series I guess. Whereas if you buy the current shape, in 5 years time it will still be the current shape (with facelifted bumpers perhaps).

Requiring facelifted bumpers and taillights where applicable is neither here nor there IMO. Not a big deal.
Old 11 May 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3903218)   #640
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
MSR To Prepare VW TCR Cars For Mr Bright & Ms Whitley
Old 11 May 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3903225)   #641
Umai Naa
Veteran

Cool to have Ms Whitley in the series.
Old 12 May 2019, 01:13 (Ref:3903240)   #642
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Superb!

Given that, I guess these TCR cars have some rather dramatic torque steer on the exit of very low speed corners (say under 80 kph)?
We ran our new Hyundai i30N TCR car at Pukekohe yesterday.

Gene Rollinson qualified the car at 1:6.6 some 4 second off last years V8 Supercars pole time, at one of the fastest permanent race tracks on the V8 Supercar calendar, which does not play to the TCR car's real strengths.

Gene's comments were that to do that qualifying time you are really leaning on the front tyre's, to the point were they are giving up grip in the slow corners and torque steer becomes an issue. However, backing off the pace only a few tenths, torque steer is not an issue, and nor is tyre life.

For the record, Gene and new NZ FF Champion Jordan Michels, won the the GT4/TCR class and finished 6th over all in the Pukekohe round of the 3 hour North Island Endurance Championship yesterday.

The car averaged 1.2 lets per lap, and used a total of 6 new Hankook 260x660x18, medium compound tyre's. We only changed the two front tyre's during the driver change at 1 hour 50 minutes.

I should add that we didn't carry any lead ballast so the car, so with a 72 Kg driver and 40 litres of fuel on board we weighed in at 1210 Kg's in qualifying trim.

The car ran like clockwork, so we could be more happy with our first TCR experience.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 12 May 2019, 01:34 (Ref:3903243)   #643
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A pretty positive result - Well done!!

For a three-hour race like that, what do you feel that your total operating costs were?

The answer might help some of the prospective teams and drivers
Old 12 May 2019, 02:02 (Ref:3903244)   #644
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
A pretty positive result - Well done!!

For a three-hour race like that, what do you feel that your total operating costs were?

The answer might help some of the prospective teams and drivers
Operating cost's, excluding entry fee, were basically two set of Hankook TCR tyre's, [NZ$4,000] 300 litres of 98 Octane BP ultimate, [NZ$850] Brembo 340 compound brake pads, [NZ$750 per car set] Crew costs, [NZ$2,000] so all up about NZ$10,000 for a 2 day 3 hour endurance race including all of the practise session etc.

You also have to factor in wear and tear plus lifeing on all the mechanical components etc, so say NZ$20,000 per race weekend.

FYI. new crate engine cost's NZ$8,000, and a complete rebuild on the Xtrac gearbox and differential is NZ$12,000.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 12 May 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3903338)   #645
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 12 May 2019, 23:48 (Ref:3903396)   #646
Umai Naa
Veteran

Ms Angelo finally confirmed at KR in an Astra, after sampling the blue Impreza at Winton last week.

As per 90% of the grid, it is unclear if it's a full season gig.
Old 13 May 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3903397)   #647
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Ms Angelo finally confirmed at KR in an Astra, after sampling the blue Impreza at Winton last week.

As per 90% of the grid, it is unclear if it's a full season gig.
Old 13 May 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3903445)   #648
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am wondering what effect the latest BOP settings will have on this weekends competition, at the recent WTCR Round the Hondas were heaviest (but still won R1)?

By the way Alfa Romeo won R2 but all makes seemed close..
Old 13 May 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3903458)   #649
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 13 May 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3903459)   #650
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....