Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 May 2006, 04:41 (Ref:1601557)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WSBK Monza - Five Makers In Top Five.

Haga from Bayliss, Corser, Toseland and Laconi.

For all intents and purposes it's shaping up to be a banger.

Other notes are that Bayliss has won 4 from 4, and I read that Josh Brookes has been let go by his Ducati squad, and will ride for a Honda squad as of next round. Which is fantastic as we know he can ride thoose
Old 6 May 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1601604)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
expect Laconi to be the fastest Kawa .. he always went well at Monza ..
in theory the 4 cylinder bikes should have the advantage .. but with bayliss . who knows

Ciao Marco
Old 7 May 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1602714)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfortunately for the tv and that, Troy B made them all look abit silly again in the races! Won the first by a mile which is very hard to do at Monza as its such a slipstrem track!
Second was a bit closer but Bayliss was trying to get Corser to show him his hand, then he pulled the pin and won quite easily again, though not as easy as race 1.

Its looking like the beginning of 2002 all over again, wonder if Corser or someone else can do what Colin did and reign him back in?

Hoinda wise Barris was the quicker but was so rubbish off the line, Seems a common prolme with the HRC clutches they use on CBR1000, remember Rutter and Kiyo having trouble aswell. But once on the move Barros is as quick as the top two, Toseland is better and real quick on straights but struggling in bends a bit!

Haga was superb, sliding everywhere, as wer Nieto and the other PSG boys, that bike is the one to watch in my eyes
Old 7 May 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1602741)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bayliss is a god isn't he? Always admired him since his BSB days....
Old 7 May 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1602779)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
watching race 2 now .. grrrr damn Kawa failed for Laconi

Ciao Marco
Old 8 May 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1603427)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was great watching Haga, especially in Race 1. Honda and Barros, let's practice those starts a bit shall we.

Hats off to Bayless. Great stuff in both races. Corser must be a bit gutted after Race 2.
Old 8 May 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1603430)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Bayliss has that bike pretty much perfect. I expect Corser, Toseland and maybe even Haga too to leave him dead with their power advantage, but the Ducati traction control system is just soo good! Corser came out and said if he tried putting the power down where Bayliss was, he'd have been flipped over the bars and into the gravel. I really hope we have a 2002 repeat, much as I like Bayliss, I prefer a close championship. OK, Corser ran off with it last year, but by mid-season, Haga and Vermulen were on a level par, if not ahead and it made for great racing.
Old 8 May 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1603710)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The two races made for pretty good TV overall, with some really close battles throughout the field and several different bikes in contention (although the Kawasakis didn't really get the results their performance merited). Other than Bayliss the fastest man out there seemed to be Barros, with Toseland and Muggeridge also showing real speed on their Hondas. If Karl was 100% fit a podium or 2 could've been on the cards. Corser has been doing a strong job, rather similar to Edwards in 2002 - constantly challengign for the podium on a solid but unspectacular bike - so maybe deja vu is in order?
Old 9 May 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1604508)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just hope that Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki czn come up with a traction control setup that enables their riders to get out of the slow corners as well as that Duke.
Bayliss was pulling so much time out of that first chicane, amazing technonlogy, but I have to say I wish they would ban all this stuff in WSB and NSN as the sideways action that the fans love from guys like Bayliss,Corser and the like is being tamed and the bikes just go in line everywhere!

Agree about Barris being quick and the Kwaks looked ok aswell, but apprently Laconi wsa using a new development engine. Quite why he would get it instead of Chris and Fonsi who have had the better results!
Old 11 May 2006, 01:45 (Ref:1605566)   #10
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I but I have to say I wish they would ban all this stuff in WSB and NSN as the sideways action that the fans love from guys like Bayliss,Corser and the like is being tamed and the bikes just go in line everywhere!
Couldn't agree more. The sport is now becoming more about who has the best electronics rather than the better bike or who the rider is!