Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2000, 09:16 (Ref:889)   #1
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think formula one would be better or worse without teams? One plus is that it would quickly establish who really was better than who (although some people might see that as a negative).

Personally I think that after a few races it would end up being more boring and more predictable than it is now as there wouldn't be as many variables to come into play.
Old 16 May 2000, 10:32 (Ref:890)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worse. If all the cars would be identical, there would be no the competition (I mean cars) so no progress.
Old 16 May 2000, 10:41 (Ref:891)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with Red.

On Sunday, I sat through a thoroughly tedious Formula Palmer Audi race at Silverstone. I have seen similar processions in F1, but at least the F1 cars were different shapes, and had idiosyncratic, individual styles.

Different teams still means innovation and variety, despite the very best efforts of the regulators to stamp it out.
Old 16 May 2000, 12:42 (Ref:892)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have though about this before....

Having teams leads to innovation and the chance to gain an edge, as F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle I guess (as debated elsewhere in this forum), the answer is to regulate the series to improve competition.

However one thing I have thought of is to make much more of the F3000 series. I would like to see it run like Champ Cars with longer races, re-fuelling pit-stops etc. I think it would be interesting to see the reaction to this format amongst the race fans, as the cars are identical.

As the chances of drivers reaching F1 are so slim these days it could prove a good place for drivers to aspire to and stay in for the rest of their careers, as the stepping stone to F1 is almost unattainable.

It would also have the plus point of preparing drivers better for F1 (should there be any vacant seats !) as they will have experienced pitstops and strategy racing already.

What do you think ?
Old 16 May 2000, 14:39 (Ref:893)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
People like to say that there's no competition on F1. But they forget that the competition begins in the designing project and goes all through the way until reach the tarmac. The rules that are annoying and many times kill the action.