Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1352495)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
An applaud for the director!

Was it a great race? No, but it was pretty good and the director should be appauded for a job well done. That is the best camera coverage of an F1 event that I have witnessed. Most of the battles on the track were nicely illustrated and very little was missed. I hope other F1 directors took note as we need more of the same.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1352536)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't think it was that good. Camera work? The first corner battle between Alonso and Montoya was never shown very well. The director? When will these people realise that manoeuvres do not take place over just one corner. You need to see the corners before to see how it was set-up and also the corners afterwards to see how it was finished. Too often did they join to late and leave too early. Mostly in replays too! For which there is no excuse. Also there is still a tendency to cut away from something significant to show a replay. Especially when they try to show the start again on the second lap - a time when the race is normally settling down. A similar situation occurs when they think a car stationary is more important than watching two cars nose to tail (or side by side).

In (my) conclusion - no different to anywhere else.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1352543)   #3
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be happier when FOM are hosting and directing all the events, no local broadcaster comes close to their quality.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1352552)   #4
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmmm... It's all relative I guess and I am admittedly biased as JV was involved in much of the midfield scraps caught on camera. But how many times at other venues have we seen lap after lap of leader coverage even though no fighting was going on? I also enjoyed some good in-car coverage that just seemed better than we usually get. Of course I had a few "pops" in me as I watched the race once again yesterday evening, so maybe it is just my imagination.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1352604)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I'll be happier when FOM are hosting and directing all the events, no local broadcaster comes close to their quality.
Agreed.

All too often you are watching a shot, and you can blatantly see that a car has a run on another car (at club for example) where the following car is a matter of metres behind the first car, and you know he is going to have a stab at Abbey, then the camera cuts away.

This is just about "understanding" racing, and how, when and where cars tend to overtake.
I actually thought the camerawork was OK, its just inept directors & vision mixers cut away too soon from potentially exciting "moments".

I film motorsport occassionally on weekends for a local firm, and its quite easy for me at least, as I understand racing and how cars can overtake.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1352634)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really liked the two full laps from Jenson's car as he ran on his own..................... *where's that sarcastic smiley?*

They did pick up on the pass by JV on DC which was good. However they missed the Klein pass and re pass on the Williams.

I thought of you Kirk when they showed that battle between JV and DC. Of course the focal length of the camera was too short to pick up Massa further up the field.

Note to self: Must stop picking up on JV's relative position re Massa.