Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Dec 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3948976)   #2526
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The good thing about a rebuild is that you’ll keep more originality, which as it’s a genuine AVO car with Type 49 shell, is important in my book.

A few hours of PDR and a tin of T-Cut?

Or is it a bit worse than that .... ?

Old 29 Dec 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3948981)   #2527
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
A few hours of PDR and a tin of T-Cut?

Or is it a bit worse than that .... ?

Unfortunately it’s a tad worse than that, but as Iain says, man can repair what man has built.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3949028)   #2528
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Unfortunately it’s a tad worse than that, but as Iain says, man can repair what man has built.
exactly what he said to me after mine got smashed at Woodgood . . . . man made it, man can mend it. It took a while but I got there in the end. . .
Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3949035)   #2529
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
When I got T boned in my Lotus 22 at the Classic I got very down in the dumps and just stuck the wreckage at the back of the work shop for a few months. I then took the car home and just spent the next year rebuilding the car without pushing myself and just enjoyed the rebuild.I also thought that if I had been hit a few inches further up the cockpit there would be no way I would be typing this.
I think I said this last Delta new build would be called a DeltaT79 LW. "last won".
I have found a pair of rear uprights and I have a very nice chassis I bought in Denmark so I am changing the name to Delta T79 LBW.Never say never.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3949043)   #2530
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly what I did Iain, was January before I made a start. The TT hasd been equally challengine for different reasons, it'll be 6 years by the time I'm finished . . . . but I'm only doing it when I want to, I refuse to give up, or force myself to do something I don't want to!

I have Just finished a reed valve induction conversion on a 240cc Lambretta engine though
Old 30 Dec 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3949059)   #2531
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I think I said this last Delta new build would be called a DeltaT79 LW. "last won".
I have found a pair of rear uprights and I have a very nice chassis I bought in Denmark so I am changing the name to Delta T79 LBW.Never say never.
Fantastic story Iain, LBW made me chuckle
Old 31 Dec 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3949191)   #2532
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta T79LBW suspension set up..JPG
Views:	37
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	55979
Could not find this thread, Someone has posted a load of race dates.
Just for Max and Alex. Final set up then rolling road and hope we can get to Mallory for a test.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3949278)   #2533
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woohoo!

One MiniMM grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3949286)   #2534
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 55979
Just for Max and Alex. Final set up then rolling road and hope we can get to Mallory for a test.

Let me know when you have a date. (I checked the Mallory web site earlier and nothing is listed yet.)
Old 2 Jan 2020, 03:38 (Ref:3949469)   #2535
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 55979
You going for the test or breakfast Iain. 😍
Old 2 Jan 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3949485)   #2536
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The breakfast is not what it used to be Tel.Castle Combe is now No1. Back to topic I can feel Mike telling us off.
Old 2 Jan 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3949497)   #2537
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's nothing like a nice warm breakfast when you're testing your Winter Project, does the quality of breakfast affect your choice of test track?

See, it just takes a bit of creativity to keep the thread on topic

Old 2 Jan 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3949505)   #2538
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just a thought Max we could test at Combe . Closer for you and me .
Old 2 Jan 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3949506)   #2539
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Keep an eye out on dates coming up
Old 2 Jan 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3949518)   #2540
midgetman
Veteran

Sounds good thank you. I can't drive because I'm out of ARDS, no racing licence for some years now.

Old 2 Jan 2020, 23:03 (Ref:3949562)   #2541
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Max all you need to do is the written exam .
Old 2 Jan 2020, 23:27 (Ref:3949563)   #2542
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Max all you need to do is the written exam .
A good idea you can help him with the spelling
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jan 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3950601)   #2543
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Help again,I need to source these steering rack mounts. Any ideas. Mowog no ACA9420.
ttach]56359[/attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta rack mount.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	56360
Attached Thumbnails
Delta steering rack mounts.JPG  
Old 9 Jan 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3950614)   #2544
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Delta research department now say Austin 1100/1300
Old 9 Jan 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3950625)   #2545
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Delta research department now say Austin 1100/1300
Well don Iain, I was going to say if it's a mowog part number it must have been off a BMC model, but thought you would know that anyway.
Thinking about it, could Mini ones be the same, I would have thought the racks would have been the same size? (Mini parts being more readily available...)

Last edited by VIVA GT; 9 Jan 2020 at 14:56. Reason: Added my thought about using Mini parts
Old 12 Jan 2020, 22:07 (Ref:3951264)   #2546
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wink Lotus Cortina .

Just an update, not bad virtualy three years to the day that I clapped eyes on it in San Francisco, just coming out of the period when I regret getting involved with it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg   image.jpeg  
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 13 Jan 2020, 05:09 (Ref:3951306)   #2547
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was in Australia?
Old 13 Jan 2020, 05:25 (Ref:3951307)   #2548
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I highly doubt it would be in Australia at this time
Old 13 Jan 2020, 06:08 (Ref:3951311)   #2549
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sorry gents, will have to try and get my little nephew to correct.
Actually it has moved on since that photo and has its windows in and has actually driven around the driveway .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 13 Jan 2020, 06:10 (Ref:3951313)   #2550
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think that was an attempt at humour......