Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3422521)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep, my thoughts exactly. thank you scott and mrs scott

really great opportunity to see the size of the operation and hear a bit more about how they organise and coordinate things. definitely on a totally different scale to the usual raceday setups!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3422575)   #52
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like everyone else I'd like to say thanks to Scott and Michelin for this.

A fascinating insight into how a company like Michelin is able to handle the logistical challenge of keeping that number of cars supplied (still in awe at the sight of 7,000 tyres) , but also into how they reflect so much back into road tyre activities.

Old 16 Jun 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3422676)   #53
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
And we all got free hats!

Michelin is a great company that really does what they say the do. They're always pushing tire technology, they are always working to transfer the things they learn on the racetrack to our street tires, and they love the competitive environment in sportscar racing.

I am really glad that you guys had a good time and that I was able to play a small part in making it happen. Was glad when we got past security and there were people there waiting for us.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3422684)   #54
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
It was a very interesting visit, really nice to have a look behind the tyre scene.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3422926)   #55
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sorry I didn't make it.
I was actually en route... but with tight timings and a (small) hangover the decks were stacked against me.
I am glad you all had a good time.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3422957)   #56
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks again Scott for sorting it out. Thoroughly enjoyable and really very interesting (cheers for recommending your wheat beer at the meet too ;o) ).
Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3423195)   #57
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks again Scott for sorting it out, it was a really good tour and everything was well explained. Thanks to Michelin as well for trying to answer any question we had.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3423238)   #58
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of pics:

Old 19 May 2015, 08:34 (Ref:3539231)   #59
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
It looks like I'll be able to arrange that tour of the Michelin tire compound that I mentioned on another thread. Only thing I am not yet certain of is which day it will be, but I am assuming that it will be on Saturday. I have two times being offered to me, either 10:00am or 10:15am. Looks like each tour is 15 minutes long and is limited to 15 people for each tour.

Please let me know ASAP if you'd be interested as I have to confirm by later today whether I am using both tour times or just one.

So far I had seen interest from the following people and will mark them down as likely to attend:
GT6
isynge
nobster
wewantourdarbyback
Muppetdave901
Kpy
Aysedasi
Is there going to be another tour this year guys?
Old 19 May 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3539267)   #60
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
With Michelin? I'm not sure if I'll be able to get us in there a second time, but I will ask.

If anyone is able to arrange for any garage tours please save a spot for me!
Old 19 May 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3539420)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I know, there is no garage visit this year - unless any of you have arranged one.....
Old 20 May 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3539609)   #62
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MICHELIN Motorsport@michelin_sport20m20 minutes ago
RT@steve_fall @24hoursoflemans @FIAWEC all fans with regular ticket visit the Michelin tire complex (visible with high flags) Free & Amazing
Old 20 May 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3539647)   #63
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
MICHELIN Motorsport@michelin_sport20m20 minutes ago
RT@steve_fall @24hoursoflemans @FIAWEC all fans with regular ticket visit the Michelin tire complex (visible with high flags) Free & Amazing
That's going to be so cool. Where is the Michelin tire complex?
Old 20 May 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3539652)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Last year it was behind the pit complex and area as said easy to spot with all the flags it is reached on a road that loops around from the two enterances to the pits
Old 30 May 2015, 06:26 (Ref:3542739)   #65
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't the tirecomplex the one next to our meeting?
Old 30 May 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3542743)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The tyre complex is massive, with all the tyres stored, both new and used, what seems like hundreds of technicians and equipement plus lorries carts and ore, the stand by the meeting is just a show room area