Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 May 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3538929)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What Are You Looking Out For At LM 2015?

In no particular order...

1. Nissan, obviously.
Will they be fast or slow, reliable or not? Will all of their relative speed come on the straights and how will they get the power down through the front wheels?

2. Rebellion-Toyota (last year's times) vs Rebellion-AER vs CLM-AER vs Oreca 05-Nissan.
I am very curious to see how the sector and lap times compare for these cars. And with such a heavily revised package and no testing to speak of, will the Rebellions even go the distance?

3. LMP2
BR01-Nissan
Dome S103-Nissan
Gibson 015S-Nissan
Ligier JS P2-HPD
Ligier JS P2-Judd
Ligier JS P2-Nissan
Morgan-Nissan
Morgan EVO-Judd (SARD)
ORECA 03R-Nissan
ORECA 05-Nissan
Alpine A450b-Nissan (if that counts)
ORECA 03R-Judd on the reserve list

The high water mark for the class? With 19 cars entered it should be a great battle.

4. Bringing another newbie to the great race. This will be my 5th trip to La Sarthe and I have managed to bring along someone new each time. I should be getting commission.

5. Relaxing at the campsite with friends and family and not thinking about the real world for a few days.

6. The sound of the first car hitting the track.

7. Spectating from somewhere new. I still haven't made it down to the entry to the Porsche Curves. That's on the list.

8. Spectating from somewhere familiar. Arnage at night for glowing brakes and getting up close to the cars.

I could go on...
Old 18 May 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3538936)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am looking for the P1 battle to live up to its expectation and hope that the Toyota LM bodykit brings them back to contention.
Old 18 May 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3538941)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
In no particular order...

6. The sound of the first car hitting the track.

with you on that one!!!!!!!

it will be my first attempt at Le Mans...been waiting since I was 11 to do it!!!! better late than never....

...the thought of seeing the first cars sends shivers down my spine, so I know il be grinning like a Cheshire Cat :-D

also hopefully theres a great battle in LMP1 AND LMP2 this year...brilliant entries for both. in GT Im looking forward to seeing Viper back at le mans
Old 18 May 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3538943)   #4
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Mike's #1 & 3 are the key contenders for me in terms of the race. Although that said (and it becomes something of a coverall) there will be some great battles in the GT fields!

I'm thoroughly looking forward to just that 'feeling' that comes with the atmosphere at LM. There's no way I can put a finger on just what it is, but as we all agree there's something special at La Sarthe that keeps on bringing us back (#10 visit for me this year).

Even more so this year though will be special for me. We're getting ready to launch the charity event that I've been working hard on since January. Lots of things are aligning, and I'm really hopeful that it will be special - and away from ten tenths you will all hear about it
Old 18 May 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3538946)   #5
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much to list.
I'll be looking out for the historic brown and white 952 sign on the way down and the cow on the roundabout.
Simply can't wait... just a small trip overseas for a holiday first... its almost getting in the way of my excitement! lol.
Old 18 May 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3538948)   #6
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Too much to list.
... and the cow on the roundabout.
Every year I say I will stop at the Buffalo Grill there at some point...
Old 18 May 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3538997)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Every year I say I will stop at the Buffalo Grill there at some point...
Why?

Went there once......

Courtpaille is better - but the Pizza Marocco at Del Arte is to die for......
Old 18 May 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3538999)   #8
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
No idea, I can kind of imagine it's grim - I guess I like to live dangerously
Old 18 May 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3539000)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, what am I looking out for?

Well, if I'm honest, much the same as for the previous 29 years - and particularly the last 5 since I changed my Le Mans 'buddies'!

There are too many things that I look out for/look forward to, from the simple (banal even) like waiting for James (mon chauffeur) at the ferry terminal to arrival in France, arrival in Le Mans and then the sequence of events that flows from then on.

I'm looking forward (I hope) to one of the best prototype battles for years; more superb racing from LMP2 and the GTs and wall to wall sunshine for the week. Simples.....
Old 18 May 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3539012)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
No idea, I can kind of imagine it's grim - I guess I like to live dangerously
Dangerous - oh yes

http://www.datamonitor.com/store/New...B-A2D13DF04F89
Old 18 May 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3539014)   #11
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
"Well, no, I should have said baguette. Because a spinal column would fit in a baguette."
Old 18 May 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3539053)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The sounds of the cars, at the sight of the Nissan actually running
Old 19 May 2015, 11:57 (Ref:3539289)   #13
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Too much to list.
I'll be looking out for the historic brown and white 952 sign on the way down and the cow on the roundabout.
Simply can't wait... just a small trip overseas for a holiday first... its almost getting in the way of my excitement! lol.
I presume you mean the 956/962 sign! But yes, I agree always brings a smile and a frisson of excitement does that sign

Like many people I think it could be one of the best races for years, four classes with battles for the lead in each of them, probably going to be thinking of asking for the race to be extended sometime early afternoon on the Sunday!

We'll be out at Mulsanne corner at the start of the test day, just can't wait to hear the distant rumble or yeowl or scream or whisper of the first car to head towards us!
Old 19 May 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3539293)   #14
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
First and foremost I want to see a good race for most, if not all, of the 24 hours. In previous years I have been firmly in the ABA (Anyone But Audi) camp, but with the pace of development on show and the prospect of such diverse solutions offering similar speeds I've come to the conclusion that I would rather see a cracking race that Audi wins again then Porsche or Toyota running away with it.

Apart from that, I hope there's enough clean dry running to see the lap record shattered because we can be certain that the cars will not be this fast for a long time to come.

Moving away from the factory cars I do hope the privateer P1s both manage to run to the flag and give each other a good race. Ditto for the LMP2s, although with the sheer number of entries I have no doubt this will be a fantastic class to watch ... if the director(s) let me see much of it.
Old 19 May 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3539299)   #15
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have simple desires: I want to see a Porsche win.
Old 19 May 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3539308)   #16
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I presume you mean the 956/962 sign...
Yes - it was a typo - I mean't 962, but thank you for the correction.
Old 19 May 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3539323)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i just remembered one of my favourite sights each year, the first large poster for the race usually around Rouen
Old 19 May 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3539424)   #18
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i just remembered one of my favourite sights each year, the first large poster for the race usually around Rouen
Or even just the first road sign to mention Le Mans which is normally on the main road through Rouen.

The other sight I look forward to is the glimpse of the tribunes as you come off the roundabout down by the Expo centre and loop around to the traffic lights in front of the main entrance.
Old 20 May 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3539553)   #19
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we all getting excited or what!

Only ten days to go..... Yup we are off to the test day
Old 20 May 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3539559)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Are we all getting excited or what!

Only ten days to go..... Yup we are off to the test day
You will love it, went last year and had a great time, not sure i will be able to be there this year but still hoping
Old 20 May 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3539566)   #21
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike E;3538929]

7. Spectating from somewhere new. I still haven't made it down to the entry to the Porsche Curves. That's on the list.

I have also never been, I plan on going on Sat night/Sunday morning!

Might see you there..