Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1320798)   #51
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the key word to all you suggest for the test days broadcasts is "budget".
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1320807)   #52
E. Becclestone
Racer

Should be able to tell you schedules soon.......
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1320826)   #53
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, suggestion and donation boxes then lol
Old 6 Jun 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1321269)   #54
E. Becclestone
Racer

Here's the schedule & people info so far.....as we get a little nearer and more updates happen, I'll spread the word.
Part of Press Release (6/6/05):

"Le Mans

GlobeCast Radio is providing all the production for Autosport Radio Le Mans this year. Apart from all of the production facilities in Le Sarthe, GlobeCast will also utilise it's London studio base at Grays Inn Road for additional programming and production facilities.

John Hindhaugh leads the commentary team in France alongside Paul Trusswell in the Tribune commentary position. Pit-Lane Reporters will be Henry Hope-Frost, Graham Tyler and Lucy Nel. As usual Autosport Radio Le Mans will be broadcasting from noon on the Wednesday of Le Mans week through until Sunday. All of the qualifying and race action will be live and when there's no track action the usual mix of music and interviews programmes will keep fans on-site entertained and informed.
However this year Haymarket Publishing has the added attraction of GlobeCast Radio broadcasting the entire output of Radio Le Mans from the Wednesday through to Sunday night.

This means an additional 45,000 listeners on Sky Digital channel 907 across the UK and Europe and the radio webcast on the Autosport website and on GlobeCast's partner www.yoursportradio.com

GlobeCast's weekly programme "The Autosport Radio Show" will be broadcast from France during Le Mans week. A mix of live qualifying and a head to head interview with Le Mans legends Derek Bell and Jacky Ickx. "

Maybe the mods want to merge the 2 similar threads?
Old 11 Jun 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1325701)   #55
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another option is this service.

http://www.vingtquatre.net/unosite/pages/lemans.htm

It says its free to use but the devil may be in the detail so read all the small print. I think it only works for UK based phones.

I suspect if you sign up you may get the odd text trying to sell you something but it could be worth a try.
Old 11 Jun 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1325723)   #56
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent! I have booked Wednesday off work this year so I will endeavour to get everything done in the morning then settle in and listen to RLM on Sky. If only they could find a way that would allow us to tune in during Thursday when we are driving down
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1326912)   #57
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
To the top for reference

jimclark
Old 13 Jun 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1327140)   #58
E. Becclestone
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
......." If only they could find a way that would allow us to tune in during Thursday when we are driving down"
Why not listen to the stream from www.yoursportradio.com on your mobile phone en route (if you have the required internet access software installed)? Then send the signal from your phone into your car stereo via one of those mini fm transmitter jobbies. Then all you need to do is hope for a decent phone signal whilst travelling........ you should get the FM signal as soon as you reach the outer borders of Le Mans.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1327448)   #59
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Now there is an idea... Sadly it's something that will have to wait for next year as my phone is so pants I can barely manage to make it send text messages without having to resort to banging it on the dashboard...
Old 13 Jun 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1327629)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Becclestone
Why not listen to the stream from www.yoursportradio.com on your mobile phone en route (if you have the required internet access software installed)? Then send the signal from your phone into your car stereo via one of those mini fm transmitter jobbies. Then all you need to do is hope for a decent phone signal whilst travelling........ you should get the FM signal as soon as you reach the outer borders of Le Mans.

Blimey - how much would that cost all the way to Le Mans......?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1328100)   #61
g_d
Rookie

England
Berkshire UK
g_d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Another option is this service.

http://www.vingtquatre.net/unosite/pages/lemans.htm

It says its free to use but the devil may be in the detail so read all the small print. I think it only works for UK based phones.

I suspect if you sign up you may get the odd text trying to sell you something but it could be worth a try.
It is totally free for all mobiles, both UK and non UK. The company pay for the send costs, they are standard texts so no cost to pick up where ever you are in the world. Each text has a small advert which is related to the event, ie "listen to radio le mans on XXXFM - Race positions are......."

There is no charge for anyone to recieve the messages, the adverts pay for the service.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1328167)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can tell you that RLM commentator Paul Truswell phoned me this morning, about to board the ferry at Dover........
Old 14 Jun 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1328176)   #63
E. Becclestone
Racer

The full schedule is now up: http://www.yoursportradio.com/schedule.html
Maybe a mod can merge these 2 threads please?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1328183)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Done
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1328768)   #65
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
The adrenalin is starting to flow...counting down the hours....

jimclark
Old 15 Jun 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1328997)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Count them slowly Jim, don't want them to go too quickly.....
Old 15 Jun 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1329070)   #67
jimclark
Veteran

United States
"Count them slowly Jim, don't want them to go too quickly....."

Slowly my arse, Ayse !!!!
I've been waiting nearly a year for this and now with less than one hour to go ('til RLM coverage begins), I'm ready and rarin' to go !!!!

jimclark
Old 15 Jun 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1329076)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess I really meant once it gets under way. There are times when I'm at the circuit, especially during the night when I'm willing the minutes to tick slower - because I know that dreaded feeling at about 4.10 p.m........
Old 15 Jun 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1329094)   #69
jimclark
Veteran

United States
'unnerstood...that deflated feeling....like...."Wow, it's really over, now what?"

paraphrasing: "leMans, it's life, all the rest is just waiting...."

btw, 10 minutes 'til showtime....

Last edited by jimclark; 15 Jun 2005 at 09:50. Reason: countdown status

jimclark
Old 15 Jun 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1329295)   #70
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will radio le mans transmit Qulifications on Wenesday?
Old 15 Jun 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1329306)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep - listen out in just under 2 and a half hours.

The reception I'm getting is absolutely perfect - nop drop-outs at all.

I'm going to be recording most of practice tonight.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1329385)   #72
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just tuned in to RLM - got it on windows media player, thanks to that yoursportradio.com - but is anyone else having trouble with it? Mine keeps attempting to rebuffer after anywhere between 1 and 5 minutes at a time, and when it does, it reaches about 17% then freezes, and when it finally gets going it stutters and flickers CONSTANTLY until I press stop and try and tune in again.

Incredibly annoying, although I'm wondering if this could be down to something complicated in the settings in windows media player...? I have the buffering on it's default setting at the minute.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1329393)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Just tuned in to RLM - got it on windows media player, thanks to that yoursportradio.com - but is anyone else having trouble with it? Mine keeps attempting to rebuffer after anywhere between 1 and 5 minutes at a time, and when it does, it reaches about 17% then freezes, and when it finally gets going it stutters and flickers CONSTANTLY until I press stop and try and tune in again.

Incredibly annoying, although I'm wondering if this could be down to something complicated in the settings in windows media player...? I have the buffering on it's default setting at the minute.
Now and then it's buffering.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1329406)   #74
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am listening in on Sky 907
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1329415)   #75
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Trying it via radiolemans.com direct - seems to be working slightly better. the buffering is very annoying - should it really be noticeable from my 2MB broadband?