Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1319338)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Are you sure that the pics are related to the test day ? Laurent mentionned the fact that the pics would be posted later by the webmaster...

And glad you appreciated the pics There's much more/better to come from the real photographers, I think

Well, at least, a piece of the feeling
Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1319343)   #27
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, they were current pics based on the 2005 livery. In fact, I used the infoscourse link that you posted.

http://www.infoscourse.org/2005_Le_M.../champion1.jpg
Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1319347)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Yeah, they were current pics based on the 2005 livery. In fact, I used the infoscourse link that you posted.

http://www.infoscourse.org/2005_Le_M.../champion1.jpg
OK, got it ! Claude took the pic yesterday, when the car was out of the trailer with its "ALMS" set-up and flaps/slats...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1319375)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Some high def pics to come on a member's website soon... I'll let him amake the annouce when ready...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1319385)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking good Fab, I only wish I was heading to Le Mans this weekend instead of Brands Hatch, saying that I will be there in 12 days time.....
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1319391)   #31
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm afraid there is a probability of some rain on sunday...We will bring the K-ways.

Fab, have you any occasion to know if there will be the server on for timing/scoring on sunday ?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1319412)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I'm afraid there is a probability of some rain on sunday...We will bring the K-ways.
Yep, we already had some drips today in the morning, turning better though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Fab, have you any occasion to know if there will be the server on for timing/scoring on sunday ?
Dunno, but Infocourse (the service) seems working... the times beeing unofficial, not sure that it'll be on air, though...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1319432)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The official Le Mans site has had live timing and scoring on Test Days in the past....

I distinctly remember following it either last year or the year before....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1319559)   #34
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Some high def pics to come on a member's website soon... I'll let him amake the annouce when ready...
Oh... well, here they are: Fab's Fabulous Fotos
Old 3 Jun 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1319566)   #35
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does the number 13 Courage have the Advan livery while the number 12 does not?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1319570)   #36
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Why does the number 13 Courage have the Advan livery while the number 12 does not?
Maybe Nakano is responsible for that? I thought it was a Dome until i saw the number...

BTW, is there an official model name for the Pescarolo prototype?
Old 4 Jun 2005, 03:56 (Ref:1319664)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling
Oh... well, here they are: Fab's Fabulous Fotos
Fabulous ? I'm afraid not

Thanks for the hosting, Johan !

More pics taken by Laurent on Infocourse...

Quote:
I think they brought budget for one of the car, not the other... but I might be wrong... as usual, we need the journalists here (DSC, Infocourse, an idea ?)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling
BTW, is there an official model name for the Pescarolo prototype?
The car is homologated under "Pescarolo".

Last edited by Fab; 4 Jun 2005 at 04:17.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 04:11 (Ref:1319674)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

pm,and some humour too -

I waved Martin Short yesterday morning in the paddock calling him "Mr Barf" !

Twit - twit - twit - twit - twit

He answered : "Short !" ... he was in a rush, no time for a talk, and proposed to meet again later in the garage...

I didn't dare to lurk again in the pit for my question

Twit - twit - twit - twit - twit

Sorry for that, Martin !
Old 4 Jun 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1319763)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics! Good to see the Advan livery back.

What's the story with the Pescarolo's light clusters. Last years model on the 16 and I think it's the 2002 model on the 17. Cost cutting measure?
Old 4 Jun 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1319826)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Approximately where are/will each team be in the pit garages this weekend? WR up at the far end again?

A minor thing, but I'm trying to imagine the scene! Also I presume this will be the same for the race.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1319877)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Approximately where are/will each team be in the pit garages this weekend? WR up at the far end again?

A minor thing, but I'm trying to imagine the scene! Also I presume this will be the same for the race.

If you subscribe to dailysportscar.com, they have a listing of all of the pit allocations listed in their headlines section as a sub-folder in the "Le Mans Test Day" file that shows up at the top of that headlines link...

If you don't subscribe to it, I would highly suggest that you consider it....

I did about 8 months ago, and it is certainly money well-spent...and not expensive when comparted to maganzine subscriptions that are not even timely compared to web coverage...

But Welter is at one far end of that allocation list...Last garages

Up front....Pescarolo...the first two garages....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1319922)   #42
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO published the list of pit garages some weeks back.

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/re...tation2005.pdf
Old 4 Jun 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1319957)   #43
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some very interesting photos of the DBR9 on www.dailysportscar.com - particulary the front of the car and the new rear wing, the rear wing was being tested at Snetterton a few months ago. Thanks to my good friend Mike Hoyer for giving me permission to use this photo. http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/aston_rear_wing.jpg The LM specifcation rear wing is slightly differnt however, not much but ever so slightly.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1320044)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
If you don't subscribe to it, I would highly suggest that you consider it....
Used to, don't anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
The ACO published the list of pit garages some weeks back.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1320063)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC say there was no mention of the lap time 'restrictions ' for GT1/2 at the drivers/team briefs.

Lets hop thats the last of it!

BTW, just seen a picture of the LMPs lined-up on the start/finish straight for a photo shoot and I have to say this year, more than ever, every car, without exception, looks impeccably prepared and the teams highly professional.

I guess it also helps that most of the teams now have season long programs in the LMES/ALMS.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1320150)   #46
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree JAG, all of the LMP teams just looked fantastic
Old 5 Jun 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1320277)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
except they forgot their roofs.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1320394)   #48
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
will Loeb gonna test today ???

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1320427)   #49
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
As a rookie Loeb must complete ten laps at the circuit to be allowed to race so yes, he will be there. If can get away from Turkey in time that is... I think that was one of the reasons the test session was extended an hour.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1320430)   #50
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well he won the rally already . so he's probably at LeMans .. go Sebastian go Pesca

Ciao Marco