Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jun 2016, 02:25 (Ref:3648122)   #176
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
While I can't claim any super in-depth knowledge of the series workings per say, but I know the management change was not popular with competitors and when it was even being introduced people were ready to jump ship.
That happens with ANY management change, though. There's always people who hate change and threaten to jump ship(and sometimes a few do, usually no one does).

Quote:
Second, when I quit my job two years ago it was mainly because my direct manager, the owner, was terrible and making mine and everyone's life hell. Did i still like the job outside of this issue? Yes. Did i quit anyway? Yes. Since then he's made some changes to his management style and he lured me back in. It's the same job, doing the same business, with the same parts, pieces and problems but the whole thing is 100% better.
First off, that's you. Others react to such issues differently.

Secondly, you back my point with that. The manager made changes that fixed the issue, just as IMSA must do. In your case, it was the way said manager dealt with people. In IMSA's case, it's the fact that teams are clearly becoming less interested in Conti's style of cars(not just amongst teams, either, it's fanbase dropped a lot even before the management change).

Quote:
To say people don't want to race BMWs, Porsches, Mustangs and Camaros seems pretty unlikely considering how many are in competition each weekend in various series.
And I've never asserted that to be the case.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3648539)   #177
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That happens with ANY management change, though. There's always people who hate change and threaten to jump ship(and sometimes a few do, usually no one does).
It's obvious that you know nothing about the history of the series then. The management has changed over and over. When it went bad, the upper management changed what was going on and got things back in order. Just ask anyone that ran in 2008. We had a guy who was so bad and pretty much irritated the complete paddock that within 3 months, he was off doing some other job.

Quote:
it's the fact that teams are clearly becoming less interested in Conti's style of cars(not just amongst teams, either, it's fanbase dropped a lot even before the management change).
It's really obvious you have never been around the series at all when you make a statement like that. The Conti style car is alive and well in many other series' out there and it's growing. If you actually went to races you'd agree. Since you don't, then you just read press releases on the internet and draw your conclusions from that.

If you went to races over the last 20 years or so, you would have noticed that the Conti style car and the series actually has improved when it came to fan acceptance and following. I was there and seen it happen. I find it hard to believe that within 2 years that such a successful series just took a sudden downturn when it had 28 years of success. That would be like claiming, people didn't like carbonated soda anymore right after New Coke came out. If you were employed by Coke, then that might make sense, if you were at Pepsi, then you just sat back and watched the disaster take place.

As for your "mother" chassis, you obviously don't remember back when GA tried that with Rolex GT. It failed. TA2 just a hodge podge of stock car components put together. It's a filler class, so TA can get entries and pay the bills because the main class are mostly 20 year AARP card holders. TA2 is nice but it has it's place in the series. Remember, sportscar fans hate tumors. All you had to do is run in GA for the last 10 years to keep hearing that joke fly around.

So, is FF going to reveal itself or just keep making grandiose claims? I suspect the latter because it has signed a DSP clause and has to remain hidden behind the keyboard.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3648576)   #178
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
It's really obvious you have never been around the series at all when you make a statement like that. The Conti style car is alive and well in many other series' out there and it's growing. If you actually went to races you'd agree.
Yes, I've been to Conti races. Yes, interest was waning in it before the management change.

And yes, you once again blatantly ignored the main points I was referring to, just as I predicted.

It's not about the style of car in general falling out of favor(even though it could very well be and Conti's just feeling the pinch first because as an endurance series it's the priciest form of it), it's about the fact that the series was OVERSATURATED, and the only way to go from there is down(even NASCAR's not immune to the effects of oversaturation, as we've seen with their recent ongoing decline).

The series was beginning to decline before the management change - there's no way around this fact. All the management change has done is provide you with a convenient excuse because the bulk of the decline just coincidentally occurred after the change.

The problem with your claims is quite simple: If the series was in as good a shape as you insist, the management change NEVER would have been able to cause this much damage.

You have no proof that the change in management caused this other than convenient timing. And, much as you may refuse to believe it, convenient timing proves absolutely NOTHING.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3648583)   #179
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, interest was waning in it before the management change
All you have to do is provide sume numbers to prove your point. As of now, you have not, So, it's just a matter of opinion and not fact.

Quote:
it's about the fact that the series was OVERSATURATED, and the only way to go from there is down
Explain to everyone here how it was oversaturated. We'd all like to hear some details as opposed to an opinion.

Quote:
The series was beginning to decline before the management change - there's no way around this fact
Provide the facts please.

Quote:
All the management change has done is provide you with a convenient excuse because the bulk of the decline just coincidentally occurred after the change.
I will agree with you as long as you can provide the facts.

Quote:
If the series was in as good a shape as you insist, the management change NEVER would have been able to cause this much damage.

Quote:
You have no proof that the change in management caused this other than convenient timing.
Please read my previous posts. It detailed what happened. Until you do that, please don't question what I say.

Quote:
much as you may refuse to believe it, convenient timing proves absolutely NOTHING.

Ball is in your court. All you have to do is provide some credentials and then we just might believe you a bit. Then come back with some facts. Until then, you are just posting misinformation that counters the current situation.

Remember, it's easy to hide behind a keyboard and claim whatever you want. Just step up to the plate like the rest of us and then you'll get the respect you think you should get.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 23:11 (Ref:3648586)   #180
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
All you have to do is provide sume numbers to prove your point. As of now, you have not, So, it's just a matter of opinion and not fact.

Explain to everyone here how it was oversaturated. We'd all like to hear some details as opposed to an opinion.

Provide the facts please.

Please read my previous posts. It detailed what happened. Until you do that, please don't question what I say.

Ball is in your court. All you have to do is provide some credentials and then we just might believe you a bit. Then come back with some facts. Until then, you are just posting misinformation that counters the current situation.

Remember, it's easy to hide behind a keyboard and claim whatever you want. Just step up to the plate like the rest of us and then you'll get the respect you think you should get.
Yup. Back to square one, just as I predicted. All that information I and others have provided and you demand we restate it over and over and over completely ignoring it every single time we do.

Looks like we're done here as there's literally nothing I can do to actually make you think about things. You have proven time and time again that you will not acknowledge anything that does not support your viewpoint. You refuse to even take the two minutes you would need to actually look at the rise and fall of the entry lists to see how obvious the oversaturation was and when the decline actually began.

You accuse me of using nothing but opinion to support my side without even realizing that you've done exactly the same thing. The "facts" you feel you've provided have been nothing more than your own opinion as well, yet you're convinced they're the god's hoenst truth and won't accept any opposing viewpoint no matter what is brought up to support it.

The ball is not in my court. It's in yours. When you're actually willing to consider opposing information, I'll consider continuing the debate.

That aside, I'd like to make an inquiry about the complaints regarding GT4 as the future of GS. You've been asserting that these types of cars are still extremely popular, correct? Then why do you take issue with GT4 being considered? GT4 is nothing more than a global spec for this exact same type of car - the GT4 Camaro is actually adapted from the same one that was running for so long in GS. If anything, switching GS fully to GT4 should prove reliably if it's the type of car, the management, or something else entirely. Is it really just the allowance of cars like the SIN R1? Because given the rather level playing field in the FIA series, it's pretty clear that those cars don't have any inherent advantage.

If anything, it seems to me like GT4 is the perfect "replacement," though frankly it's more of an enhancement. All current machinery would still be allowed, and as a more appealing class to manufacturers you'd get more financial support for the teams involved. Seems like a win-win. We've seen with GT3 in GTD what adapting a worldwide spec that manufacturers are interested in can do for a class.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 9 Jun 2016 at 23:22.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3648596)   #181
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
You accuse me of using nothing but opinion to support my side without even realizing that you've done exactly the same thing.
Here's the difference, pretty much everyone knows who I am and know I've been doing this for a long time. You have never done this at all. I'd think that that people would rather believe someone that has actually done this as opposed to someone who has never done it before.

Think about it, when you make claims that you know the bowel movements of the management at IMSA, that's something that even the top teams in IMSA don't even know or would ever want to claim. I've been married to my wife for 20 years and I still don't have an idea of when her bowel movements are. You have to realize that making claims like that, just completely discredit you.

In addition to that, you even go after others who are known and make a living at this too. It's pretty much non stop as to a mystery person who is all of a sudden the best expert on this subject.

The only reason why you can't come up with anything concrete is that you have nothing concrete to start with. All you have to do is just support your claims. It's that easy. Anyone can come up with a screen name and claim whatever they want. I might as well claim I'm Santa Claus and from the DPRK, yet I know all about the Continental Series.

When you want to make claims like that, you better be ready to back it up. That's all I ask for. I know that there are plenty who are waiting.

FYI: I'm not delivering presents this year to anyone except for the supreme leader.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 00:59 (Ref:3648598)   #182
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Here's the difference, pretty much everyone knows who I am and know I've been doing this for a long time. You have never done this at all. I'd think that that people would rather believe someone that has actually done this as opposed to someone who has never done it before.
Thing is, I DO believe people who've been involved in the matter for years upon years(if not decades). I've been in touch with people who've been around that world for a long time, and most of them are in considerable disagreement with you on the situation - even those who despise current management usually tell me they're not the sole problem.

Quote:
Think about it, when you make claims that you know the bowel movements of the management at IMSA,
No, I make JOKES about that to give people a chuckle while pointing out that I do know people around various areas of motorsports.

Quote:
The only reason why you can't come up with anything concrete is that you have nothing concrete to start with.
And therein lies the problem: I HAVE come up with concrete info in the past. As have others. You have consistently refused to even acknowledge it. You haven't refuted it; You've acted as if it was never posted. And I'm not talking about just this thread, I've seen you do it all over the forum over the months I've been here.

There's no point in dredging up the facts when debating with someone who has a track record of ignoring them. It's a waste of time and effort. I'm here to make people think, not to be right, and if someone doesn't want to think then there's no point in providing the things to encourage such(case in point: I ended my last post by posing the question of why GT4 would be such a bad thing, outlining why I think it would be a good thing in regards to what you believe Conti needs to be, and you opted not to provide a counter to it).

Quote:
When you want to make claims like that, you better be ready to back it up. That's all I ask for.
Then acknowledge it when people DO back it up. That's all I ask.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 01:43 (Ref:3648603)   #183
jjvincent
Racer

Since you are so well known, then just let us all know who you are. It's pretty simple. I know I'm not the first person to ask you this, yet you never give an answer. You'd rather just talk in some general sense of "convenient excuse" or "didn't try hard enough". Now you all of a sudden tell us its a joke to all of your friends in motorsports that you claim you know bowel movements of the IMSA management. I just wonder what else is a joke to all of your friends in the world of motorsport.

Again, you make all of these grandiose claims yet you are a mystery. I'd love to discuss the the series with you but it's hard to accomplish that and provide a service to others because they'd probably like to hear about ones who have skin in the game and have the credentials to back it up. I don't mind people that have an opinion on the outside that follow the series but leading them down the path of being an expert yet you are not, is not the right thing to do.

Just come clean with us and I bet you'd find others who are involved or have been involved in the series, willing to have an in depth and intelligent discussion. As long as you continue to go down the path that you have decided to go, this will never happen. It literally takes 60 seconds to solve this dilemma we are all in. So just do the right thing. We'd all appreciate it.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3648606)   #184
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Since you are so well known, then just let us all know who you are. It's pretty simple. I know I'm not the first person to ask you this, yet you never give an answer.
I HAVE given you an answer to that. But like everything else that's come up when I've seen you get overly passionate, you've failed to understand that answer, because you have your own information in your head that you're not willing to set aside.

The answer is that I have NEVER claimed to be someone who's well-known. I am, for now anyway, just someone who's been lucky enough to make a few contacts within the racing world. I have never claimed to be anything more or anything less than that. Where you got this notion that I've claimed to be so well known I can't say, except that it certainly didn't come from me.

Quote:
Again, you make all of these grandiose claims yet you are a mystery.
Again, I have never made "grandiose" claims about myself. The closest thing to such I've ever said is pointing out that I have a chance at working for a team, and not even necessarily in a major capacity. I'll likely just be a shop jockey, not even part of the traveling team. And I haven't identified which team because I am currently NOT ALLOWED. I identify the team, I WILL lose my opportunity, and possibly all future opportunities. Only a moron would do something like that.

Quote:
It literally takes 60 seconds to solve this dilemma we are all in. So just do the right thing. We'd all appreciate it.
If there's one thing I've learned about the world of racing(and the world in general for that matter), it's that nothing is ever that simple. It's no wonder you're so obstinate if you honestly believe anything could be that simple. Even if you're right and it's entirely down to management, it wouldn't take "60 seconds" to fix the problem. Even if you threw out the management and replaced it, you wouldn't immediately revive any interest in those disillusioned by the previous management. Funny thing about people who get disgusted with an issue regarding something they lived: It tends to take a lot more than fixing that one problem to rekindle that interest. Especially if they've found another place they're happy with.

There is NO simple fix to this problem. As bad as IMSA management has been, they've at least been able to see that much.

(and I can't help but notice that you're still evading that other thing I wanted to debate with you)

Last edited by FormulaFox; 10 Jun 2016 at 02:26.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3648608)   #185
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA management is crap, everyone knows this, and yet you keep defending them, do you work for NASCAR or the IMSA company by any chance? Do you work for the France family? Are YOU one of the Frances?
Old 10 Jun 2016, 03:01 (Ref:3648610)   #186
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
IMSA management is crap, everyone knows this, and yet you keep defending them,
That is a complete lie. I am one of IMSA's management's biggest critics. I'm just also willing to admit when there are other factors influencing an issue as well.

Now, I USED to defend IMSA management before I started getting a closer inside look, but my attitude towards them soured considerably well before I rolled on into this forum as a direct result of that closer look.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 03:11 (Ref:3648611)   #187
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
I'll likely just be a shop jockey, not even part of the traveling team.
At least it's a start when it comes to what you are doing. That took less than 60 seconds to type.

Quote:
And I haven't identified which team because I am currently NOT ALLOWED. I identify the team, I WILL lose my opportunity, and possibly all future opportunities. Only a moron would do something like that.
I thought the team didn't mind what you wrote online? Let's let that slide. How about this: (Insert name here) will be working for a future Conti team (let's call it Team FF for now as a placeholder) in the (I'm going to guess) GS class running a (insert car manufacturer and model here). That will keep you anonymous and not spill the beans on the team name. Thus your employment for many years to come.

Come January when we see a PR release like this:
Team FF will be running in the GS class with two McLaren 570 GT4's. We will then have an idea what you'll be doing and what the team is.

See? It's pretty easy and takes 60 seconds to do. At this point, I feel like my 14 year old son is just playing games with me online and constantly questioning me, then thinking of me as not "getting it" because I'm old. I deal with that enough and it's going to become round 2 when my 10 year old becomes a teenager.

Now we can clear the air and then get into a useful conversation that will help everyone else here. As you see, opening up just makes us all not be combative.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 03:43 (Ref:3648612)   #188
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
I thought the team didn't mind what you wrote online?
Incorrect. They don't mind me voicing my own opinions so long as I am not claiming such opinions to be representative of the team. They DO mind me posting things I have been expressly told not to post - particularly those covered under the NDA I signed.

Quote:
See? It's pretty easy and takes 60 seconds to do.
And you got every single part of it wrong.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3648614)   #189
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
particularly those covered udner the NDA I signed
At least we know you are now employed and getting a paycheck from this team. You are an official team member and employee (or independent contractor). Congratulations for getting the job. What has been your first job? You don't have to get into explicit details.

Quote:
And you got every single part of it wrong.
I'm confused. Can you clarify it for me.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 04:07 (Ref:3648615)   #190
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
At least we know you are now employed and getting a paycheck from this team. You are an official team member and employee (or independent contractor). Congratulations for getting the job.
Hold those congratulations, 'cause you're wrong again. I'm still just a prospective employee because the team hasn't actually been assembled yet(US facilities still under construction, expected to be completed in September) and only their absolute core tech personnel and marketers are in place. That they had me sign the NDA and I've gotten a lot of insider team info is a good sign, but it's still a few months before I'm officially hired, and any number of things can happen between now and then.

Quote:
What has been your first job? You don't have to get into explicit details.
I am currently a night shift(by choice after getting sick of dealing with morons) auto mechanic.

Quote:
I'm confused. Can you clarify it for me.
In fairness, it was impossible for you to get anything right after getting the single detail wrong of what series the team is planning to enter.

Here's what I can say without violating the NDA:
1: The team will be in the Weathertech championship
2: The original plan was to be in Prototype
3: The team has gotten so many offers to run equipment from so many manufacturers that they could ultimately end up in any class except PC
4: The list of offers includes manufacturers currently involved with IMSA as well as some not currently involved at all
5: Running two classes is not off the table
Old 10 Jun 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3648622)   #191
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
Hold those congratulations, 'cause you're wrong again. I'm still just a prospective employee because the team hasn't actually been assembled yet(US facilities still under construction, expected to be completed in September) and only their absolute core tech personnel and marketers are in place. That they had me sign the NDA and I've gotten a lot of insider team info is a good sign, but it's still a few months before I'm officially hired, and any number of things can happen between now and then.
So, you signed a NDA and are not employed. That makes no sense at all. I can't think of anyone in their right mind that would ever do that. I've been in the consulting business for years and you either get a written contract for employment (because this is what you are doing) for a firm payment and an exit clause. If not, no NDA. All that does is literally hurt your chances of employment and making a living. If this whole thing with this team goes south tomorrow and they don't tell you for 6 months (which happens in racing all of the time), you are sitting around and watching opportunities go by and the ability to make a living goes down the tubes.

I know you don't believe anything I say but take this one bit of advice, get a basic business lawyer to look at it and pay him $100. I can't imagine anyone arguing against that advice.

Quote:
Here's what I can say without violating the NDA:
1: The team will be in the Weathertech championship
2: The original plan was to be in Prototype
3: The team has gotten so many offers to run equipment from so many manufacturers that they could ultimately end up in any class except PC
4: The list of offers includes manufacturers currently involved with IMSA as well as some not currently involved at all
5: Running two classes is not off the table
That didn't take long. So why are you so involved in the Conti series when it has nothing to do with what you are doing? Again, that makes no sense at all.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 05:10 (Ref:3648625)   #192
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
So, you signed a NDA and are not employed. That makes no sense at all. I can't think of anyone in their right mind that would ever do that. I've been in the consulting business for years and you either get a written contract for employment (because this is what you are doing) for a firm payment and an exit clause. If not, no NDA. All that does is literally hurt your chances of employment and making a living.
You are not wrong, however you don't quite fully grasp the matter on my end of things: I had literally NOTHING to lose by doing this. It won't cost me my current job(I'm here until I've officially signed an employment deal with the team), which I'm quite happy at, and while it may harm my chances at other opportunities in the racing world it is highly unlikely another such opportunity is going to come my way regardless, making it a risk worth taking relative to the potential benefit.

I agreed to sign the NDA as a gesture of good faith. I was not guaranteed employment no matter what I do, but in signing it I've put myself in a more favorable light. Signing it doesn't guarantee me a job, true, but NOT signing it effectively guaranteed I would not find myself employed with them.

At least, that's one possibility. But there's another possibility that you haven't considered; There may be something else about the matter which I can't tell you about because of the aforementioned NDA.

The truth, however, is neither(though both of the above can realistically be the case)...

Quote:
I know you don't believe anything I say but take this one bit of advice, get a basic business lawyer to look at it and pay him $100. I can't imagine anyone arguing against that advice.
Plenty of lawyers in my family - business, criminal, financial, etc. It was indeed looked over.

You see, the NDA I signed WAS an employment contract - sort of. I'm not legally an employee of theirs YET, but they are contractually obligated to at least put me through their planned internship program(PAID internship). There is only one circumstance in which this job can be eliminated: Complete termination of the racing program before the US team is assembled. Anything else would be breach of contract.

Well, that or me breaking the NDA, but that's a given.

Quote:
That didn't take long. So why are you so involved in the Conti series when it has nothing to do with what you are doing? Again, that makes no sense at all.
I love racing in all of it's forms. I love debating racing in all of it's forms. I love making people consider things they may not have considered about the sport they love. I love gathering information about racing. I love sharing that information.

I could go on, but I assume you get the point. If it still doesn't make sense to you, that's not my problem. It makes perfect sense to pretty much everyone else I've met - the knowledge I've gained from all of this is actually what's created the opportunity I'm shooting for to begin with.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 12:09 (Ref:3648693)   #193
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK fellas we get it. Move on.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3648764)   #194
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
OK fellas we get it. Move on.
NO! I REFUSE! HOW DARE YOU BOSS ME AROUND RAGERAGERAGERAGE

/joke
Old 10 Jun 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3648774)   #195
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Quote:
RAGERAGERAGERAGE
Yes, clearly a joke. We get it. You signed a paper, you're a special person. Special inside info and everything.

When does the series race?