Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Feb 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3800766)   #1026
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Aside from Dr Bob's questions, have we seen these before? A couple of pics by Chris Walker on Flickr showing Woodman's damaged car after the practice shunt in the Donington season-opener

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kartpi...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kartpi...n/photostream/
Old 13 Feb 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3800871)   #1027
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Chunterer, I have been through many of the photos but they are not quite what I am looking for. I will look again following your instructions.

KA thanks +++. I saw those photos at one stage but could not find them again.
They are very informative. Do you think the roll cage is aluminium.

I presume that is the crash at Donington in practice at meeting of 25.3.84

I will just check a few things and come back to the thread with a few, I hope, interesting observations.

BTW I will be at the Donington Historic in May. I would love to catch up with any 10/10thers
Old 13 Feb 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3800936)   #1028
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Do you think the roll cage is aluminium.
Difficult to see from the photos, but they weren’t banned until late ‘80s here, from memory, so could well be.

Quote:
BTW I will be at the Donington Historic in May. I would love to catch up with any 10/10thers
I’ll be there- not racing in the touring cars though. Will PM you more info nearer the date, as no idea of timetable yet.....
Old 15 Apr 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3815692)   #1029
drbob
Racer

I have been in contact with Dave Clark formerly of CC Motorsport
He has referred me to Brian Martin who took over as chief engineer/team manager, Brian was famous for designing and building his own 2 litre BM7, BM8 sports cars

Can anyone help me with Brian Martin's contact details
Thanks
Robert
Old 15 Apr 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3815792)   #1030
drbob
Racer

Quote:
I have been in contact with Dave Clark formerly of CC Motorsport
He has referred me to Brian Martin who took over as chief engineer/team manager, Brian was famous for designing and building his own 2 litre BM7, BM8 sports cars

Can anyone help me with Brian Martin's contact details
Thanks
Robert
Sorry I meant Dave Cook.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3880379)   #1031
vap
Rookie

vap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news guys , I just recieved news that charly lamm past away at the young ageof 63, he had just retired from agreat career at bmw schnitzer motorsport after winning his last race in Macau, hewill be missed by all who knew him rest in peace charly
Old 29 Jan 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3880394)   #1032
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vap View Post
Sad news guys , I just recieved news that charly lamm past away at the young ageof 63, he had just retired from agreat career at bmw schnitzer motorsport after winning his last race in Macau, hewill be missed by all who knew him rest in peace charly
Very sad indeed. FYI there is a tribute thread running on him here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...wpost&t=153746
Old 8 Apr 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3896269)   #1033
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Very sad indeed. FYI there is a tribute thread running on him here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...wpost&t=153746
Hello everyone, the thread seems to have come to a conclusion? Anyone got anything new to report? Ian.
Old 9 Apr 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3896396)   #1034
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian beckett View Post
Hello everyone, the thread seems to have come to a conclusion? Anyone got anything new to report? Ian.
Did you see the '84 Eggenberger car listed for auction on the Classic Car trade site recently? An RA2 chassis?

Looked lovely but don't know if it sold.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 03:46 (Ref:3920760)   #1035
Graham Clayton
Racer

Australia
South Windsor, NSW Australia
Graham Clayton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photo of the Kelleners/Grano 635 RA-01 shortly after completion:

Old 7 Aug 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3921829)   #1036
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Clayton View Post
Photo of the Kelleners/Grano 635 RA-01 shortly after completion:

This, the same car that was the BMW GB/CC Racing BSCC back up car in 1984 I believe?
Old 8 Aug 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3921961)   #1037
VintageRacer78
Rookie

VintageRacer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schnitzer Replica

Just came across this site and this thread on the Group A 635s. Good reading. I actually just completed the build up of one myself to go vintage racing here in the US. It's about a 95% accurate replica of chassis RA1-007 complete with the x-ray graphics, center lock wheels and 320hp single cam M30 motor. I'm planning to add air jacks, and a few other details this winter during the off season.

Pictures are all up on Instagram @RapidTerrier

Cheers!
Old 20 Feb 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3958766)   #1038
vap
Rookie

vap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get in contact with ozibimmer, I am looking to find a set of decals bmw M Technic like he used on his schnitzer replica,doe anyone have any idea how to contact hime or does anyone have any ideas where i can get a hold a such a set ,because schnitzer doesn't have them anyymore thanks for any help guys
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3959008)   #1039
duracel79
Rookie

duracel79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vap View Post
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get in contact with ozibimmer, I am looking to find a set of decals bmw M Technic like he used on his schnitzer replica,doe anyone have any idea how to contact hime or does anyone have any ideas where i can get a hold a such a set ,because schnitzer doesn't have them anyymore thanks for any help guys
This may help:

http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...bimmer#p219727
Old 26 Feb 2020, 22:36 (Ref:3960090)   #1040
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duracel79 View Post
Can you get to the Phillip Island Classic?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 13:44 (Ref:3961008)   #1041
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
A friend bought this to my attention- Jim Richards car for sale, currently owned by a tenther.....

http://www.v8sleuth.com.au/1985-cham...s-bmw-635-csi/
Old 2 Mar 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3961011)   #1042
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
A friend bought this to my attention- Jim Richards car for sale, currently owned by a tenther.....

http://www.v8sleuth.com.au/1985-cham...s-bmw-635-csi/

Stunning car, I think it must be one of the more iconic versions of the model in Group A trim?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3961020)   #1043
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Stunning car, I think it must be one of the more iconic versions of the model in Group A trim?
Yup, stunning sums it up......

Tags
atcc, bavaria automobiles, btcc, cc motorsport, dieter quester, dpm, dtm, eggenberger, frank gardner, garage du bac, group a, hans stuck, helmut kelleners, james weaver, jim richards, ravaglia, schnitzer, spa 24 hours, sytner, umberto grano