Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Nov 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3942718)   #1251
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Do we think there will still be 30 cars or maybe less
Less.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3942719)   #1252
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’d say Chilton has got better with age
Did you mean heavier?
Old 25 Nov 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3942723)   #1253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyone else watch the BTCC season review yesterday?
Old 25 Nov 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3942733)   #1254
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
‘Offer’ Offered maybe, there might be something more temping that we don’t know about yet! Either in the way of main sponsor (reducing the cost of the ride) or in terms of car or maybe even both!?!
I'm sticking with current tense. AFAIK the FK2's and the majority of the AmD staff are staying put. And I am probably in a minority here, but I still think the FK2 is the better motor: although I fully expect Cammish, Cookie and a heavier driver to get the best out of the FK8 this coming season thus rendering the FK8 the better motor.

As for #HARD I fully expected Michael Crees would he the announcement that turned out to be Goffy. Just a matter of crossing t's and dotting i"s I suspect. I can see Carl Boardley staying put too. This year has been a learning curve for both, and with Goff staying put they have a good team leader.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3942748)   #1255
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm sticking with current tense. AFAIK the FK2's and the majority of the AmD staff are staying put. And I am probably in a minority here, but I still think the FK2 is the better motor: although I fully expect Cammish, Cookie and a heavier driver to get the best out of the FK8 this coming season thus rendering the FK8 the better motor.

As for #HARD I fully expected Michael Crees would he the announcement that turned out to be Goffy. Just a matter of crossing t's and dotting i"s I suspect. I can see Carl Boardley staying put too. This year has been a learning curve for both, and with Goff staying put they have a good team leader.
There is a reason the FK2 is such a good car (clever underfloor design - loophole that’s been closed in the regs), so it will take some beating (no-ones banged on about that like they did the Scoobies). However IF for example a driver was offered a well backed seat as lead driver in a new car, you might be swayed, especially as the FK2’s will soon be past their homologation timeframe in the series. I agree that on paper as things stand it would seem a backwards step but longer term it might be a better option.

Don’t forget that there could well of been an increase in the price of the seats at teams that have had better success this last year than others, that could contribute to some driver moves.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3942751)   #1256
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I had a dream last night that Colin ended up joining Motorbase. Not sure where that came from!
you mean NIGHTMARE
Old 25 Nov 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3942754)   #1257
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
you mean NIGHTMARE
For Colin definitely. Mr Bartrum would no doubt think it was his fairytale. Mind you the last former BTCC champion to race for Dave wasn’t too complimentary about his car. So they’d have nowhere to hide. Good job it was only a dream. As a Turks fan I’d be dismayed.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3942775)   #1258
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any more knowledge on this FK2 floor design? Colour me intrigued...
Old 25 Nov 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3942779)   #1259
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Any more knowledge on this FK2 floor design? Colour me intrigued...
The road car has a flat floor so presumably the touring car is able to use this to its advantage. Agreed that we never heard much about it while the Levorg was been slated for having a unique design feature...
Old 25 Nov 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3942790)   #1260
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
For Colin definitely. Mr Bartrum would no doubt think it was his fairytale. Mind you the last former BTCC champion to race for Dave wasn’t too complimentary about his car. So they’d have nowhere to hide. Good job it was only a dream. As a Turks fan I’d be dismayed.

It would tough for him to be back with FWD, but you never what he could do with that car
Old 25 Nov 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3942815)   #1261
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The road car has a flat floor so presumably the touring car is able to use this to its advantage. Agreed that we never heard much about it while the Levorg was been slated for having a unique design feature...
It was intended all NGTC cars would have a stepped floor (remember WSR getting looked at when Collard rolled his 1 series and people noticed how flat tap he floor was, iirc they had to make some changes afterwards or that’s when the regs got changed), however I’ve heard that because of the positioning of the fuel tank on the FK2 it allowed them (Dynamics) to basically have a flat floor like the road car, coupled with some creative cooling ducks that feed the rad & oil cooler helping channel the airflow, it gave a very nice underfloor aero. That loophole in the regs was closed, but as the car had been homologated it remains legal. Hence why even the FK8 has struggled to match it & also probably why Mr Neal was going on about pegging the older cars back - he knew the FK2’s advantage.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3942892)   #1262
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at pictures from knockhill, all the cars seem to be the same, the only flat floor being fore and aft of the wheelbase.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3942893)   #1263
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was intended all NGTC cars would have a stepped floor (remember WSR getting looked at when Collard rolled his 1 series and people noticed how flat tap he floor was, iirc they had to make some changes afterwards or that’s when the regs got changed), however I’ve heard that because of the positioning of the fuel tank on the FK2 it allowed them (Dynamics) to basically have a flat floor like the road car, coupled with some creative cooling ducks that feed the rad & oil cooler helping channel the airflow, it gave a very nice underfloor aero. That loophole in the regs was closed, but as the car had been homologated it remains legal. Hence why even the FK8 has struggled to match it & also probably why Mr Neal was going on about pegging the older cars back - he knew the FK2’s advantage.
when the regs got changed they all had to change the floor including the FK2. so it hasn’t had that arrangement for years
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3942896)   #1264
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great read, cheers.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3942898)   #1265
rabussa
Rookie

rabussa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Probably no Alfa Romeo (and Rob Austin) in 2020

https://mailchi.mp/08cb3bfe20d2/hand...M3hivaQJtCCPuE
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3942899)   #1266
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The road car has a flat floor so presumably the touring car is able to use this to its advantage.
Quote:
I’ve heard that because of the positioning of the fuel tank on the FK2 it allowed them (Dynamics) to basically have a flat floor like the road car, coupled with some creative cooling ducks that feed the rad & oil cooler helping channel the airflow, it gave a very nice underfloor aero. That loophole in the regs was closed, but as the car had been homologated it remains legal.
I call bull**it on the NGTC FK2 having a flat floor....

Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3942900)   #1267
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/hmsrace/status/1...694131200?s=21

HMS confirm they will miss 2020, and no longer own a TBL.

Last edited by Evantra; 26 Nov 2019 at 10:26.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3942901)   #1268
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not surprised! I wonder if we will ever see Rob back on the grid?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3942904)   #1269
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what was HMS' TBL may be used elsewhere - spin up the 3-car entry rumours....

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8Hyundai i30Smith ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Excelr8Hyundai i30Osborne ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantReported as continuing next year with the team
Power MaxedVauxhall ?PlatoTalked about engine / chassis developments for 2020 in interview
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngramConfirmed Ginsters backing for 2020 in article
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50Moffatselling Merc+TBL
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?RowbottomConfirmed entry in Facebook post
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?MorganBrands Hatch summary confirms 2020 return
HARDVW CCGoffOn BTCC.net (and others)

Likely Entries   
?????????Former HMS TBL
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley ?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
HARDVW CCThompsonClaims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CCCoatesGilham #tagging?
HARDVW CC??????

Possible Entries   
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50SuttonSutton tested car (BMR leaving?)
WSRBMW 330iJordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR
Maximum Motorsport??????Lines evaluated a PMR car, and wants to run a young driver in BTCC
??????ChiltonHas been critical of the Focus in the press
??????EdwardsHas stated that she no longer drives in Clio Cup. Website is worded to suggest she is on the grid for 2020

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpsonRumoured to have vocalised a withdrawal
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai

Words Marked   
??????Suttontouring fan01
??????Jordantouring fan01
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
??????FilesTR4racer
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim
PMR3rd Car???Pickles
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
BTC???CookOverboost
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
HARD???Creessceptic

Last edited by crmalcolm; 26 Nov 2019 at 11:04.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3942923)   #1270
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to read that HMS were forced to sell the TBL due to Nic Hamilton failing to complete the season... Don't see how this is possible as Motorbase filled the seat for the remaining rounds.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3942925)   #1271
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Interesting to read that HMS were forced to sell the TBL due to Nic Hamilton failing to complete the season... Don't see how this is possible as Motorbase filled the seat for the remaining rounds.
I think it is more likely to be that Hamilton's departure resulted in a reduced payment to HMS for the lease. This meant they received less than planned, and has affected budget for 2020.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3942926)   #1272
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Laser Tools Twitter/Infogramme hint seems to confirm a second car.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3942928)   #1273
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
...Boardley? Lots of RWD experience.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3942929)   #1274
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think it is more likely to be that Hamilton's departure resulted in a reduced payment to HMS for the lease. This meant they received less than planned, and has affected budget for 2020.
Why would it mean a reduced payment? Motorbase would have lease the TBL for the full year, presumably with a penalty clause should they fail to field a car all season and TOCA revoke the TBL.

Hamilton's departure is only an issue if HMS were planning to lease it for a further year.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3942930)   #1275
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
16 & 116 in 2020?