Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Mar 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3962536)   #301
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i had to guess, they will have more then 80% of its regular attendance this Sunday.

i dont know what the local 3rd party ticket seller of choice is but did a quick look on stub hub and there is not a lot of tickets for resell (under 100 for sunday and all general admission as far as i can tell).

given the circumstances, that seems like a really low number of available tickets so maybe there is another explanation.

https://www.stubhub.com.au/f1-australia-tickets/ca2928

panic is an interesting thing...now that people have gotten it out of their system maybe it is just return back to normal life and acceptance of the risk.

in any event, the time for containment seems like it has passed...which in its own way is a relief.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3962607)   #302
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
All of Italy now in lockdown......

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 9 Mar 2020, 21:53 (Ref:3962614)   #303
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

Not the last to do so either.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 23:18 (Ref:3962632)   #304
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I presume Alpha Tauri and Ferrari team personnel will be on the road from Melbourne through to the Vietnam GP. If Italy is still on lockdown, when the Chinese GP is supposed to take place, what will their personnel do because I wouldn't have thought they would be allowed home?
Old 10 Mar 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3962657)   #305
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems the fat lady has not stopped singing yet

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coro...10-p548fg.html

Edit: On reflection I see it this way and you can call me cynical if you like.

The Government get lobbied to allow the F1 event to happen

Korea & Italy blow up and lobbying continues

Government wants to put bans on Korea and Italy but everyone connected to the F1 event has an instant heart attack so the Government relents and says we will put a ban on Italy when it is too late to prevent them entering the country.

F1 says we don't care what you do as long as we get what we want.

Politicians and big money are happy with the compromise.

Last edited by Casper; 10 Mar 2020 at 07:53.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 07:49 (Ref:3962659)   #306
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I still think that F1 is still being to inward looking looking, Ross Brawn keeps taking about F1 personnel, officials and media safety, but of course the real risk is a big public event attended by thousands of people from all over, not just the home country.

This is where global sport will potentially become untenable. In the UK we still have aworse case scenario of 100,00 deaths
this is what polticians are trying to prevent.

Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3962678)   #307
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Binotto saying he hopes F1 can put a smile on people's faces and distract them from the ongoing coronavirus scare. I hope so too, people have been exposed quite a bit to the news and that's probably what has led to too much panicking
Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3962684)   #308
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No driver autograph sessions in Melbourne.

It seems that the only action being taken at the event is news from a newsletter to officials outlining the restriction of the public to mingle with drivers in any of the usual autograph and meet n greet sessions. (To protect drivers and fans)
Also quarantine facilities will be on site, as will hand sanitation points and signage.
Quote:
“F1 has confirmed that there will be no one-to-one fan engagement for any drivers over the race weekend,” read the newsletter.

“This is an effort to protect the drivers and fans equally.”

Motorsport Australia has also advised that additional hand sanitation points will be implemented as well as public information signage.

Quarantine facilities will be set up on-site at the circuit should there be any threats of potential cases.

Personnel who are specifically trained on management and extraction of suspected cases will also be available.

The newsletter confirmed details of measures being put in place by Motorsport Australia to combat the spread of the COVID-19 flu strain.

“At Motorsport Australia, the safety of our people is paramount and we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure measures are in place to safeguard all our personnel and officials,” the newsletter read.

“Therefore we have put in place the following restrictions until further notice.

“If you have any symptoms of illness including fever, respiratory illness symptoms, fatigue or headaches you must self-isolate and inform Motorsport Australia.

“You are urged to eliminate or minimize contact with others and avoid customary greetings such as hugging, hand shaking or kissing.

“Take a responsible approach to reducing the risk of infection.

“We will continue to engage in regular dialogue with the AGPC and the relevant authorities and will keep you all informed of any further updates.”
Old 10 Mar 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3962695)   #309
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hand sanitation points? Self isolation?

Why's the world in such a panic when there's such simple preventative measures available???
Old 10 Mar 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3962696)   #310
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In an earlier post I jokingly suggested not dining in Lygon St for the duration of the AGP visit to Melbourne. That is no longer a joke!

Seriously F1 shoukd be concentrating on how they can be seen to not be infecting the fans rather than the other way round which doesn't seem to be the focus of their media releases.

I hope that the AGP can go ahead with all team members, especialy those from countries with a high infection rate, taking care with their interface with the local population.

Looks like being a very different season. Look agfter yourself EB!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3962709)   #311
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Drivers not to fraternize with the peasants...

Australia has enough cases of the virus already,I was always wondering why F1 was so keen to come to a country where the well may catch it.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3962735)   #312
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Drivers not to fraternize with the peasants...

Australia has enough cases of the virus already,I was always wondering why F1 was so keen to come to a country where the well may catch it.
Dollars trump everything!

Be seen to be doing apparently the right thing but don't let anything get in the way of the Dollars!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3962753)   #313
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Look after yourself EB!
Hehehe, cheers OT, but I wont be going.... im moving house the day after, and having gone to Phillip Island for the Historics this last weekend I think my passouts have been used up! I will just have to isolate myself and watch on TV at home with a glass of red!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3962810)   #314
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Dollars trump everything!

Be seen to be doing apparently the right thing but don't let anything get in the way of the Dollars!
sports and politics!

there is a fair bit of irony in FOM announcing a major sponsorship deal with Aramco who in my opinion just set off the equivalent of a nuclear bomb to world financial markets during a global crisis.

if the virus doesnt kill you then the markets will!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3962811)   #315
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My thoughts exactly.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3962814)   #316
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Good commentary piece on autosport.com on FOM's approach to the virus, which I think covers it well www.autosport.com

Old 10 Mar 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3962820)   #317
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good commentary piece on autosport.com on FOM's approach to the virus, which I think covers it well www.autosport.com

I don't have a subscription to Autosport Plus.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3962889)   #318
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be going to the GP this weekend, seats all ready for me at T11. Have to live as much of a normal life as possible and I'm not very concerned.

Hopefully a cracker of a race with some rain potentially about as well!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3962895)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s the spirit, get your mind off it and enjoy some great racing
Old 11 Mar 2020, 00:26 (Ref:3962907)   #320
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now Australia implements a travel ban on Italy. I'm sure those that entered in the last week a Corona free!

Please look after yourself if attending the GP
Old 11 Mar 2020, 00:53 (Ref:3962912)   #321
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't have a subscription to Autosport Plus.
Check your emails.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 00:53 (Ref:3962913)   #322
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Now Australia implements a travel ban on Italy. I'm sure those that entered in the last week a Corona free!

Just late enough to allow the Italian F1 contingent to arrive. Damn the health of the country, the race must go on.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 01:38 (Ref:3962917)   #323
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post

Earlier than expected? I'd thought it might happen on Monday...
Old 11 Mar 2020, 07:11 (Ref:3962962)   #324
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Autosport.com reporting that at least three F1 team members tested for the coronavirus in Melbourne nd put into self isolation.....

Old 11 Mar 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3962963)   #325
Moneyseeker
Veteran

One McLaren team member and two from Haas, results of tests are awaited.