Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 May 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1918673)   #1
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd Audi confirmed

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2719&Itemid=2

Great line-up and a huge challenge for the "established" Audi crews!!
Old 22 May 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1918690)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That answers all those questions. I suppose if you have those drivers it would be a waste not to have them at Le Mans!
Old 22 May 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1918694)   #3
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presume it will be an Audi 1-2-3 finish then, what fun
Old 22 May 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1918703)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah they should employ rubbish drivers - it would be more sporting
Old 22 May 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1918712)   #5
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yesss, Rockenfeller on board! That'll be the Audi I'll be cheering for then!
Old 22 May 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1918720)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Presume it will be an Audi 1-2-3 finish then, what fun

I'd rather not presume anything.

The report also confirms that the Biela, Pirro, Werner car will carry the #1 after all.
Old 22 May 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1918817)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst the line up on paper looks strong Ekstrom to my knowledge has no sportscar racing experince, at least no Le Mans experince anyway. The same situation applies for Premat, Premat has limited DTM experince and even less in sportscars really he is a single seater driver first and foremost and the longest he has raced for is a 75 minute DTM race, hardly a endurance racing background. Rockenfeller has sportscar racing experince of course, but no LMP experince and he too isnt a experinced driver when it comes to 24 hour races. Sure Audi and Peugeot start as favourites but the Lieb/Premat/Rockenfeller car is perhaps the chink in Audis armour.
Old 22 May 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1918822)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I really hoped Ekstrom would be in the 3th car and not the reserve.

If Kristensen is not fit by Le Mans, I will be cheering for Capello-Ekstrom-McNish, else for Luhr-Premat-Rockenfeller.

Ekstrom will do some laps on the test day. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Old 22 May 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1918828)   #9
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Rockenfeller has sportscar racing experince of course, but no LMP experince and he too isnt a experinced driver when it comes to 24 hour races. Sure Audi and Peugeot start as favourites but the Lieb/Premat/Rockenfeller car is perhaps the chink in Audis armour.
No LMP experience? What, coming second in LMP2 at PLM last year doesn't count as experience?

Isn't too experienced at 24 hour races.... despite having won at Nurburgring, Le Mans and Spa... all 24 hour races. (and of course in 06' competed at Daytona, where his car led a good portion of the race.)

BTW, it isn't Lieb, it is Luhr.

I think your well off base on your conclusions, and I might assert that Audi's experience, and capability of choosing drivers, is slightly better than some armchair quarterbacks.
Old 22 May 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1918829)   #10
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both Luhr and Rockenfeller showed their LMP capabilities in the ALMS LMP2 Porsches, and they both have loads of endurance experience. Premat might lack experience, but he's one hell of a fast driver and seems to be a quick learner.
Old 22 May 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1918831)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the 'quick learner' point is actually pretty important. Many drivers have proved over the years that you don't have to have completed many 24 hour races to win one.......
Old 22 May 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1918855)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Despite these "inexperienced" endurance racers you would probably still say the Audi squad was more experienced than the Peugeot squad. In addition, and as mentioned above, they are also the team with the most endurance experience. Peugeot overall and drivers like Villeneuve are the inexperienced ones.
Old 22 May 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1918859)   #13
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember a very unexperienced endurance driver named Tom Kristensen in1997! He won as the third driver together with Alboreto and Johansen. Tom was the fastest man at Le Mans that year! I sure hope he will be there i 2007 as well!
Old 22 May 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1918868)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Despite these "inexperienced" endurance racers you would probably still say the Audi squad was more experienced than the Peugeot squad. In addition, and as mentioned above, they are also the team with the most endurance experience. Peugeot overall and drivers like Villeneuve are the inexperienced ones.
Peugeot are pretty solid with a good mix of endurance experience. Minassian, Lamy, Sarrazin and Bourdais all have good records. Maybe Lamy and Sarrazin have more GT experience though. Gene and JV are perhaps the weak links regarding endurance running. But both will be fast and can adapt.

Audi has three good squads. And perhaps the third car has a great 'rabbit' line-up. Will we see this car run at the front trying to push the Peugeot cars into problems?
Old 22 May 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1918880)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=433

L.P.
Old 22 May 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1918969)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

I'm probably just naive - I never doubted for a moment the car would be there......
Old 22 May 2007, 17:47 (Ref:1918976)   #17
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to not see Ekstrom in the car; I tend to think he's deserved it after all his Audi years in DTM and with the title in 04. Oh well, maybe next year I suppose. Unless any of the Audi drivers slip in the bath, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone
Old 22 May 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1919087)   #18
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kristensen's presence is unfortunately very much in doubt so you might see Ekstrom indeed.
Old 22 May 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1919109)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
"Basically, he’s doing well," said Dr Ullrich. "However, when he subjects himself to excessive physical strain, Tom does not yet feel totally fit. These are normal symptoms after this kind of accident. At the moment, no doctor can predict when he’ll be fit again."

Audi UK Sport Press Release - 22.5.07
Old 23 May 2007, 06:10 (Ref:1919256)   #20
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I really hoped Ekstrom would be in the 3th car and not the reserve.

If Kristensen is not fit by Le Mans, I will be cheering for Capello-Ekstrom-McNish, else for Luhr-Premat-Rockenfeller.

Ekstrom will do some laps on the test day. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Me said last year Ekstrom would be at Le Mans in an R10... Go look on the Speed TV board...

I should have put money on this. No ill will to Thomas, but Ekstrom is the next in line as most of Audi lead drivers are in their mid to late 30's or older.

It will be nice to see him hustle the car around, he may not have sportcar exp, but you don't win ROC being a sorry driver... He adapts himself well to just about any kind of car.

Le Mans is going to be the BOMB