Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2625649)   #651
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, no Volvos this year either then .

I'm pretty sure there will be a decent grid this year. It looked quite bad for last year too, but it turned out to be one of the best seasons since the 90's.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2625668)   #652
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Giovanardi doing a Loeb anyone?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2625672)   #653
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John George confirmed alongside O'Neill at sunshine.co.uk
Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2625682)   #654
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
John George confirmed alongside O'Neill at sunshine.co.uk
I guess this means that Alan Blencowe won't be driving for them now... or are they planning to expand and run 3 cars I wonder ?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2625684)   #655
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyc View Post
Triple Eight close to entering BTCC 2010 http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81230
Yeah, the news has been going round for about a month now... Just interested to see what staff they will use considering most of their engineers have moved to other teams down the pitlane!

Can anyone confirm how many Vectra's were built?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2625693)   #656
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Yeah, the news has been going round for about a month now... Just interested to see what staff they will use considering most of their engineers have moved to other teams down the pitlane!

When I was at Thruxton lat year there were three race cars plus the display car outside the VXR stand which looked like a race prepped shell which would indicate a possible four (although I dont have 1st hand knowledge more than that). To quote Ian Harrison is saying in the piece I've linked:

"We've got the Vectras here and it's a car we know from the ground up because we built it and we have the expertise to get the maximum from it"

That says to me that the have at least two cars on site, plus Jordan's Pirtek car and David Pinkney's. Although is it possible that Pinkney could run out of triple 8? Therefore (although more than happy to be proved wrong )

Ex Gio 09 Car - Pinkney 2010 car
Ex Neal 09 Car - ?
Ex Jordan 09 Car - Jordan Pirtek 2010 Car
09 Display Car - (is this a race chassis? could it be available?)

The other question is with Gio not yet having a drive for this year and although Autosport have already said that he could take a year out or go to Superstars, would he consider driving a privateer 888 Vectra this year?

All of the above is of course my own twisted supposition though

Last edited by mickeyc; 3 Feb 2010 at 14:06.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2625700)   #657
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Anyone fancy doing an updated table of the various confirmed/probable/likely/unlikely/dreaming rumoured entries?
Announced
Pirtek Racing - Vauxhall Vectra (Andy Jordan)
Pinkney Motorsport- Vauxhall Vectra (David Pinkney)
Techspeed - Honda Integra (Paul O'Neill / John George)

AmD Technik - VW Golf (Shaun Hollamby / Simon Shaw)
One car, Shaw to drive if he can find the money otherwise Hollamby

Foster Motorsport - BMW 320 (Arthur Foster / Martin Depper)
Have been testing the ex-Mat Jackson BMW, second car still to be purchased

West Surrey Racing - BMW 320
Dick Bennett keeps talking about a third car yet they have no big sponsorship and no drivers for the other two yet. I expect Colin Turkington will be back even if that means his dad putting his hand in his pocket at the last minute.

Arena - Ford Focus (Tom Chilton)
Mike Earle has said they will be back and maybe running 3 cars. Tom Onslow-Cole mentioned as second driver but not confirmed yet

Lea Wood - Honda Integra
Announced a few months back, heard nothing since

Matt Hamilton - Honda Civic
Wants to continue after toe-in-water last year. Dependent on sponsorship.

Maybe

Motorbase Performance - BMW 320
Expect them to be back with 2 cars but no drivers signed as yet.

Bamboo Engineering - Chevrolet Lacetti
Previously announced they would run two cars but recent rumours of a switch to ETCC/WTCC. Expect news soon.

Team Dynamics - Honda Civic
Still looking for budget, although I expect they will be back with at least one car (Matt Neal), and maybe a second depending on sponsors.

RML - Chevrolet Lacetti / Cruize
Have said they would like to return but dependent on finding commercial backing. I'm fairly convinced Plato will be back despite saying he doesn't yet have the budget. Alex MacDowall has tested with them and looks like having a fairly good change of getting the seat. James Nash won't be back, not sure about Mat Jackson.

Triple8 - Vauxhall Vectra
Ian Harrison has suggested they are looking at running at least one privateer car (with NGTC engine) assuming they find a driver with a budget.

Have to agree with what Craner Curves said earlier. There's not many big names so far.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2625859)   #658
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyc View Post
Triple Eight close to entering BTCC 2010 http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81230
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2625871)   #659
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Bamboo Engineering - Chevrolet Lacetti
Previously announced they would run two cars but recent rumours of a switch to ETCC/WTCC. Expect news soon.
Tomorrow morning for the news from Bamboo Engineering.

With a few teams confirming BTCC entries, will Bamboo be joining them?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2626029)   #660
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with what has been seen on twitter and the bamboo website. I don't think we will see them this year!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2626041)   #661
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If they are going to the WTCC then its an absolute disaster for the team and Harry. He doesn't have the pedigree for this move at all, and nor does the team yet.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2626149)   #662
James Mappin
Rookie

James Mappin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harry has now said that he is going to fulfil a childhood dream. Looks to me that he won't be in the BTCC this season.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:01 (Ref:2626180)   #663
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, they're gone!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4374

All the best bamboo!

Last edited by GroupOfOne; 4 Feb 2010 at 08:12.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2626186)   #664
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Find it a bit of a daft choice tbh. They were never really at the top of BTCC, so how can they hope to be competitive in WTCC?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2626200)   #665
Aunt Sally
Veteran

I think because they did well in last years ETCC races, they think it will be easy for them. Trouble is most of the top WTCC teams wern't there..

Good luck to them anyway.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2626204)   #666
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
No, but I can speculate.

We know there were 3 race cars. I understand there was at least 2 spare shells, one of which is now in less than perfect condition. Have seen suggestions that Jordan has two cars in the workshop, the second I assume would be one of those spare shells.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2626402)   #667
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bizarre move, but I guess if it's your dream...
Old 4 Feb 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2626407)   #668
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And now Autosport reckon they're trying to sign Turkington - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81270

Also, btcccrazy are saying that RML have announced they going to run a pair of Cruzes, no drivers confirmed. Not a source I'm familiar with so no idea how reliable that is...
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2626450)   #669
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or not as the case may be. According to TouringCarTimes' Twitter the offending tweets have gone and RML say nothing is confirmed.

Somebody's in trouble!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2626452)   #670
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Also, btcccrazy are saying that RML have announced they going to run a pair of Cruzes, no drivers confirmed. Not a source I'm familiar with so no idea how reliable that is...
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4376
Sound like the curse of Twitter has struck again.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2626523)   #671
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
So Bamboo are going from a mid-pack, one car BTCC team, to possibly running 3 cars in WTCC. They are brave, I'll give them that.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2626527)   #672
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
I think because they did well in last years ETCC races, they think it will be easy for them. Trouble is most of the top WTCC teams wern't there..
Yupp, last years ETCC was quite bleak. But one has to try ones wings sometime, and they for sure are bringing the right car to do it with.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2626553)   #673
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
No, but I can speculate.

We know there were 3 race cars. I understand there was at least 2 spare shells, one of which is now in less than perfect condition. Have seen suggestions that Jordan has two cars in the workshop, the second I assume would be one of those spare shells.
Thanks redshoes.. I have found out there can be SIX sitting on the grid if the drivers are there for them..
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2626556)   #674
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan View Post
Although someone called James Mappin seems to have written the quote from twitter as news on his website ( http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/2010/01/3...several-teams/ ). Will be interesting to see whether many exclusives are on this website in the future
When will he learn???
Old 4 Feb 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2626669)   #675
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mappin View Post
This is what happened. Someone asked Harry if he was driving in the WTCC with Bamboo this season, to which he replied that he had been talking to other teams and nothing is confirmed.

TcT's Neil Hudson then picked up on this and used Harrys words from Twitter. Harry then asked Neil to remove the article and to contact him via email where Harry would give a proper interview. Hence the new article which we now see.

Harry obviously didn't realise that a tweet can be seen by anyone and has now seen the consequence.

I think that's the last time well be getting any information from Mr. Vaulkhard on that particular social networking site for sure.
Not sure that's the case, it's fairly easy to work out what happened there.

Twitter is in the public domain...that's why people are on it!
Closed Thread