Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Aug 2001, 20:13 (Ref:124899)   #1
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Mighty Mighty Mighty Mighty Minis - Brands Hatch - 18/19th August!

Might as well stick this one up here as well - not far off!

Yes, one week after the Mallory Mini fest the Mighties will be visiting Brands for the second time this year. Those who were present for the last visit will remember my camera-carrying car qualifying mid-way up the grid, but finishing the race backwards in the gravel

So - there's a chance of me doing well (makes a change doesn't it? ) and as far as I know, the meeting doesn't clash with anything apart from Powertour at Knockhill..

Who's up for this one?
Old 1 Aug 2001, 20:19 (Ref:124902)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I think I already committed to this one...

Think Mr Mallett is also back in the country at that point... maybe he fancies a trip down to Brands - it'll be a bit warmer than when we last saw him there I hope...!
Old 1 Aug 2001, 23:22 (Ref:124976)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can get there sir I shall be there, but given I'm working Saturday night one doubts it muchly.

Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:59 (Ref:125266)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sounds veeeery tempting....
i'll see if mr easyjet/me can get me home on time. depending on what car i have (can't go too far down the m25 in a suzuki jeep without a roof, can you?!), i might be there
Old 7 Aug 2001, 14:16 (Ref:127148)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there, I'll be there, Sunday only I'm afraid but definately there for the fun!
Old 7 Aug 2001, 14:17 (Ref:127149)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Travel Lodge Bella? Better than the Suzuki Jeep dear!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 19:48 (Ref:127748)   #7
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I will be having a long deserved week off in Nottingham.

Old 8 Aug 2001, 22:43 (Ref:127832)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, tis my one non-motor racing weekend of the month!

*sigh*

(That was my wallet.)

Old 9 Aug 2001, 08:13 (Ref:127969)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Blimey, at this rate I'll be the only one there from Ten-Tenths!
Old 9 Aug 2001, 17:22 (Ref:128123)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
How many other Ten-Tenthers will be at Brands for the Mini's? It would be great to meet a few of you if possible!
Old 9 Aug 2001, 17:33 (Ref:128132)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well i'll be there Stephen. Doubt that'll excite you very much but there you go... Come on over to the paddock at some point and say hi! Hopefully Sparky will be there too, and i've heard Chris Y might even make it...
Old 9 Aug 2001, 17:45 (Ref:128139)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Will do Craig. I don't know where I am marshalling yet but will try and see you between sign on and breakfast (in the Kentagon).

Hope the weekend is good to you!!!
Old 9 Aug 2001, 17:57 (Ref:128144)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Do you have a timetable for this yet. It's my only free weekend in August and I did promise I'd go and watch Chris race again this year.

The schedule I've got says the meeting includes FPA and ISC, obviously out of date. Is it still Sat/Sun or just Sun now ?
Old 9 Aug 2001, 18:00 (Ref:128145)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Saturday and Sunday according to my notes. Try going to the BRSCC or Octagon web site for information as to timetable.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 22:16 (Ref:128265)   #15
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Haven't got a timetable for this yet, probably because of the disappearance of the ISC..

I'll get the times early next week, with the tickets, so I'll let you know when I get them..

Hope to meet you, Stephen
Old 10 Aug 2001, 09:16 (Ref:128430)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I've just checked the BRSCC and Octagon website and there's no timetable on there either. As soon as I get anything I'll post it here.
Old 10 Aug 2001, 12:22 (Ref:128491)   #17
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there I think on both Saturday and Sunday as the Formula Honda Championship is there that weekend so I'll try and come and say hi! Will be cheering you on in the race Chris!

AndyR
Old 10 Aug 2001, 18:00 (Ref:128583)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well I have received the sign on times from the BRSCC today but no mention of the program, what a bummer!
Old 13 Aug 2001, 10:18 (Ref:129559)   #19
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
I've not received anything yet either..

I'd assumed there's be some timing chaos because of the withdrawal of the ISC, does anyone know what's replacing it this weekend?

I don't even know which day we'll be racing yet, but I'll come over and see you at some point Andy
Old 13 Aug 2001, 11:19 (Ref:129591)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
ok folks, go to http://www.brscc-se.co.uk/races/ it has the full time-table for the weekend. See you guys there hopefully!

Stephen
Old 14 Aug 2001, 08:56 (Ref:130165)   #21
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ISC has been replaced by a one off Saloon Car Trophy which i'm racing in! Quite a mixed bunch with plenty of track time - should be interesting!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 10:33 (Ref:130200)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well Dom, I'll look you up in the paddock on Sunday morning ok?
Old 14 Aug 2001, 10:40 (Ref:130205)   #23
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if i'll be around sunday, qualifying and race are both on Sat. May come back to watch on Sun though.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 18:04 (Ref:132581)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Okay... i'm tired after all that! Yet again the case for a good club meeting over snoremula one is proved!

Wonderful day. Shame more couldn't make it, but me, Dan, Chris and Maisie had fun. My nice newly cleaned and polished car is now covered from head to toe in mud after Dan wanted to take a look at Dingle Dell before he flies home. Met Stephen Green who seems like a thoroughly nice chap (thanks for that 20 quid... ) and had some excellent hospitality courtesy of Andy Croft's employers (yes folks, free food and beer and a nice dry hostility box... )

As for the racing ? Chris finished lower than he'd have hoped, but we still love him (!), Gideon Cresswell won one FPA race and finished against the barriers in the other, and on his first trip to the circuit, Andy Roberts managed a podium. Excellent!!

Roll on Rockingham...
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:42 (Ref:132644)   #25
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dom
The ISC has been replaced by a one off Saloon Car Trophy which i'm racing in! Quite a mixed bunch with plenty of track time - should be interesting!
Hi Dom,

Can I have the dates and venues for this one off Saloon Car Trophy please to add to my online motorsport calendar and link to website if there is one?

Ta!

You can email me lorna@trackdates.com