Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Mar 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3893875)   #126
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see two or three dominating. Chadwick, Powell and Visser are the ones I tip for title glory
Old 28 Mar 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3893885)   #127
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
I wish there were more young women (or perhaps I should say girls) selected. Is the pool really that small?
Old 28 Mar 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3893898)   #128
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
I wish there were more young women (or perhaps I should say girls) selected. Is the pool really that small?
There were only ever 18 seats on offer, so that's how many got selected.

But yes, the pool is pretty small - the initial group of applicants that were part of the first selection test was around 60-odd if memory serves. Much as I'm opposed to the series, making that pool bigger is part of what it's supposed to be all about.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3893974)   #129
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see two or three dominating. Chadwick, Powell and Visser are the ones I tip for title glory

I don't see Powell in that list, but Marta GarcĂ*a.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3893981)   #130
ArcticRacing
Rookie

France
France
ArcticRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There is also Kimiläinen : she was a Scandinavian champion in F Ford, then getting podiums and other good results in F4 ADAC, and F3 FPA (then no more money and end of single-seater career until now). She end 1 race on 3 on the podium during her career and said today on Instagram her target to win W Series 2019. She probably has too much confidence, but she can also join the fight for victory if she recover her past speed.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3893989)   #131
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only really aware of a handful of those but my money would be on Chadwick.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3900527)   #132
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Round 1 Hockenheim is next weekend supporting DTM.

The W Series will air on Channel 4 in Britain, and on Viasat in Nordic countries.
Old 3 May 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3901519)   #133
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Actually looking forward to this. Hoping they might just find some actual talent.

I don’t need to see the likes of Powell or Visser, who have already had endless chances and always been found not quite good enough, winning.

Chadwick will probably walk it. At least she’s still on the way up.
Old 3 May 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3901528)   #134
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chadwick should absolutely dominate.
Old 4 May 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3901627)   #135
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Times were pretty close in the dry with 1 sec covering almost all of the top 10, which isn't bad considering it was FP1.

What was more telling was the same names running at the pointy end of FP2 in the wet. Still, Ms Chadwick will probably win it at a canter.
Old 4 May 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3901654)   #136
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Chadwick should absolutely dominate.
Hopefully! I really like her as a person .
Old 4 May 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3901788)   #137
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Marta Garcia is looking good, she might give Chadwick a run for her money later in the season.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3901792)   #138
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a bad race, will be interesting to follow throughout the season. Not sure the broadcast was all that great, Teds role seems kinda pointless in the pits and Claire Cottingham is painful to listen to.
Old 4 May 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3901797)   #139
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting to see a woman as lead commentator, I think this is the first motorsport series that has had one.
Old 4 May 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3901843)   #140
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous!-this must be best motorsports program I have seen on TV in 60years?-all the drivers were intrdoduced-HD pictures-no ad breaks during the race
Soneone give Jamie Chadwick an F2 drive now-Monaco?
Old 4 May 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3901846)   #141
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chadwick is a factory Aston Martin driver with several races this year to come so I don't think another series would be on the cards.

I thought the race was very flat and the lead commentator was awful. How many times did she say historic in the same sentence? Saying "when the historic lights go out" and then completely missing the start had me laughing my socks off.

Motorsport on TV only is dead. Streaming is the future and there's plenty of fantastic racing for pennies and free. Today I've watched Aussie Supercars, WEC Spa 6h and Blancpain qualifying all in HD with no ads.
Old 4 May 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3901880)   #142
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The race was standard F3 stuff really (whether that's a good thing or not depends on your view of F3 ). Good to have it free to air TV but I agree the commentator is awful - painful to listen to. I'd also have to say the liveries aren't much cop either - hard to work out who's who - too many the same and if I understand the way it works they'll be in different cars for each race (random draw) so presumably they could be in a different liveried car next time out, I'd prefer a bit of continuity.

It'll be interesting to see if the pecking order changes throughout the season as people get on top of the cars - some of the drivers have Formula car experience already so they may have an advantage early on. Is there in season testing or is it just the race weekends?
Old 4 May 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3901886)   #143
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
It is interesting to see a woman as lead commentator, I think this is the first motorsport series that has had one.
Apart from all the other series that have had the same commentator, like Formula Renault Europcup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Fabulous!-this must be best motorsports program I have seen on TV in 60years?-all the drivers were intrdoduced-HD pictures-no ad breaks during the race
I can only assume you don't watch much motorsport on TV.

Quote:
Soneone give Jamie Chadwick an F2 drive now-Monaco
Can't disagree with that.
Old 4 May 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3901891)   #144
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Jordan King is missing the Monaco F2 weekend...
Old 5 May 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3901927)   #145
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Apart from all the other series that have had the same commentator, like Formula Renault Europcup.
I didn't realise she did other race series commentary, it shows how little motorsport makes it to free to air tv.
Old 5 May 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3901946)   #146
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Chadwick is not fit for F2. Not yet. You can't compare the level at F2 pro series with the David Coulthard supported pink series.
Old 5 May 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3901953)   #147
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Was a little surprised to see only one race this weekend, is it the same all series long?
Old 5 May 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3901999)   #148
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't realise there was only one race per weekend either. I think I just assumed the short calendar would be made up of double headers. Kind of refreshing having only one winner per weekend in a single seater series (like the old days) but not so much with a 6-race schedule of such short sprint races. Too much possibility of random incidents and bad luck having a massive influence on the final championship points, if the idea is to identify the most promising talent.

Like others, I assumed Chadwick would walk it with her track record & experience of a similar car, and I think that will probably continue. It was good to see Kimilainen on the pace in qualifying, I remember seeing her racing in F.Palmer Audi all those years ago but forgot how well she was up in the championship.

Really, really dislike the idea of drivers having a different livery at each round. Makes it very difficult to follow for commentators, spectators & TV viewers. I think having a standard livery for all cars would be better, with each driver having their own colour accents that are added/removed each time they switch chassis between events.
Old 5 May 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3902011)   #149
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post

I can only assume you don't watch much motorsport on TV.

Can't disagree with that.
Maybe that was a bit over the top but that was the impression the opening presentation gave me -not seen anything like before-all 18 drivers introduced themselvesSorry but female race drivers have been my passion for at least 30 years!-since I met one in the 70s?-with the advent of the internet I have found horror storys and people I had never sen on TV or even Autosport
Old 6 May 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3902211)   #150
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they did well the presenting team, especially with them introducing themselves. It’s an interesting concept and of course female drivers go back a long way. This might drivers who have been under the radar get themselves noticed, which is no bad thing. I just hope we see more female drivers progress, as the top ones here deserve to