Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Oct 2003, 09:46 (Ref:737716)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Brands Hatch speed camera

Guys (and girls),

I hope this is ok to post here?

I wanted to warn you all that there is a new 'forward facing' speed camera at the end of Scratchers Lane facing the M25 (formerly Death Hill). So, if any of you are heading to Brands for a meeting this or next year, watch it, especially as I hear the camera isn't too visible from the roadside.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 09:50 (Ref:737718)   #2
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for that Stephen. Not that any of us on this forum every speeds
Old 2 Oct 2003, 10:10 (Ref:737746)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
:wink:
Old 2 Oct 2003, 10:20 (Ref:737755)   #4
Biggun
Rookie

United Kingdom
Watford
Biggun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just ride a motorbike flat stick past it and see if it feels clever!!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 17:06 (Ref:738258)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for the warning stephen, saw that at the f3 meeting.

*grumble*
Old 2 Oct 2003, 17:24 (Ref:738275)   #6
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
thanks for the warning stephen, saw that at the f3 meeting.

*grumble*
Hope it wasn't as it went *FLASH* at you!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:48 (Ref:738536)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it wasn't working then, nor was it any use when you're sat at the top of scratchers lane
Old 3 Oct 2003, 08:17 (Ref:738943)   #8
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confused of Battersea here : isn't Scratchers Lane the turning off the A20 into the Paddock whereas Death Hill is the road from the roundabout with the car dealer up to the main entrance - the old A20 itself ? If I am correct where is the Truvelo ?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:738959)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It's on the junction of Scratchers Lane and the A20. It actually takes pictures of you speeding as you approach Scratchers Lane on the A20 coming from the M25. I hope that helps Jos?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:05 (Ref:739044)   #10
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moral of the story always go thro' the paddock entrance at Brands !
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:57 (Ref:739133)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Its ok if you approach the circuit from the Wrotham Hill direction as you turn off before the camera. But, if you are heading to the circuit along the A20 from the M20 or M25 it's going to get you just before you turn left into Scratchers Lane.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 17:21 (Ref:740429)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Stephen .....to avoid any confusion , why dont you post a picture map with a big X marks the spot !...hehehehe
Old 4 Oct 2003, 17:46 (Ref:740446)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why not just drive at 50 mph? I know its boring but if you care that much about your cash?
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:35 (Ref:740488)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sato, I will paint a big X by the camera tomorrow just for you. The speed limit is 60-ish so what's the problem?
The camera is exactley opposite the end of Scratchers lane, it is quite visible and there are about 4 warning signs coming up the A20 from Eynsford (M25)
Old 6 Oct 2003, 06:58 (Ref:741570)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Phew!

falcemaob, it was me waving to you from post 6 yesterday (Sunday), sorry no doughnuts
Old 6 Oct 2003, 12:45 (Ref:741873)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Stephen, where is post 6? I did notice a lot of waving at the exit of Druids, just to make sure I waved at all the post's.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 14:50 (Ref:742010)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes that was me
Old 6 Oct 2003, 18:19 (Ref:742198)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I thought so, sorry I didnt get round to see you but I was having a few problems getting my car to run properly.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 06:46 (Ref:742615)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
No problem. Good to see you once again and I hope you manage to sort the car over the winter months.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 12:27 (Ref:742922)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Stephen, I hope to have it sorted by my next meeting at Snetterton on the 19th although I have just discovered a hole in the radatior, not bad as it has only done 3 races.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 17:26 (Ref:743220)   #21
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Biggun
Just ride a motorbike flat stick past it and see if it feels clever!!
Or get paid to exceed the speed limit!! And b4 you as I'm not a copper
Old 8 Oct 2003, 12:16 (Ref:744001)   #22
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Come on Stephen .....to avoid any confusion , why dont you post a picture map with a big X marks the spot !...hehehehe
Even better, to avoid confusion, just set fire to the .....

Last edited by Maisie; 8 Oct 2003 at 14:13.