Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2003, 23:01 (Ref:591750)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
DC's wing mirrors?

Does he have any? Just re-watched sundays race and DC said after his incident with Jenson that Jens must have been coming out of the pits as he didn't see him at all in his wing mirrors! Well, Jenson made his stop 2 or 3 laps earlier, plus he was well on the racing side of the pit lane exit and after going back into the pits after the incident, the classification showed that he's made only 2 stops! So does DC need.....

a)New mirrors

b)to look in his existing ones

c)glasses

Very curious.
Old 7 May 2003, 00:13 (Ref:591810)   #2
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All three. I must admit that I thought it was a very silly incident. Whilst JB was entitled to attack exiting the pits (it was for position, after all), he probably shouldn't have lunged as he did. THAT BEING SAID, why on earth did DC turn in on him?? Sure, he said that he couldn't see him, but HOW?? And surely he must have been expecting JB to come out??

Very silly. Six of one.
Old 7 May 2003, 00:55 (Ref:591821)   #3
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Button was valid in making a stab and paid a fair price. That's racing. If people don't run the gauntlet, we all set our calanders to 2002 and take a nice, long... sleep.

There's absolutely no pleasing you peeps. If DC had of seen him and backed off just a smidgeon and tried to stay on his outside, you'd have called it the most daring move since Raikkonen on Schuey in Australia.

Yaaaaawn. Ah, makes me sleepy just thinking about 2002.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 7 May 2003, 05:23 (Ref:591913)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep a racing incident. It could have gone either way.
Old 7 May 2003, 09:11 (Ref:592094)   #5
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: DC's wing mirrors?

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
So does DC need.....

a)New mirrors

b)to look in his existing ones

c)glasses

Very curious.
Maybee he just needs bigger ones, or more, from many different angles ,to avoid the blind spot he has in the currnet ones, which seem to fill them!
Old 7 May 2003, 10:19 (Ref:592160)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The incident was nothing more than 50/50. DC could have given him racing room, but then again Button was probably coming from too far back.

They are always difficult situations to judge.

But for DC to say he didn't see him for two laps is strange. Maybe he just wasn't looking in them!