Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Sep 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3139360)   #26
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Fantastic news that Audi are bringing two e-trons...I guess Toyota have made a very good impression with their hybrid.

BTW any news from Luxury and when/if they are returning this season?
I haven't read anything about Luxury returning and Gunnar Jeanette doesn't believe he'll be with them again this year, so I'll say they're finished. I wonder how much they'll have to pay the FIA/ACO in fines for being no-shows in the last two and probably the last five WEC races?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:10 (Ref:3139445)   #27
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Last I checked, the outline of the track on the WEC site was the Endurance Circuit (the long course F1 used in 2010).
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3139454)   #28
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Fantastic news that Audi are bringing two e-trons...I guess Toyota have made a very good impression with their hybrid.
I wouldnt be surprised if McNish and TK have been applying some pressure as it is clear the E tron is the better package and they are still fighting for the championship.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3139459)   #29
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
#51 Ferrari down to Fisichella/Vilander due to clashing commitments in GT Open for Bruni.
So GT Open is more important then WEC? Wtf.....
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3139464)   #30
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Last I checked, the outline of the track on the WEC site was the Endurance Circuit (the long course F1 used in 2010).
But here it shows the shorter course-
http://private.fia.com/web/fia-publi...df?Openelement
Old 21 Sep 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3139488)   #31
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are using the F1 layout (as shown in the PDF, linked in the above post).
Old 21 Sep 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3139648)   #32
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So GT Open is more important then WEC? Wtf.....
Probably due to some contract technicality. He and his team mate are leading the championship by 1 point as well.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3139663)   #33
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
F1 has generally not been so keen on other significant championships running the same track layouts as they use. If other options are available, sometimes the other series move to an entirely different venue. It will be interesting to see what pans out for Bahrain and Shanghai, maybe not this year, but in coming seasons.

List of some examples:
1. GT1 ran the F1 layout at Abu Dhabi in 2010, but the V8 Supercars layout in 2011.
2. GT1 was at Nurburgring in 2010 (F1 at Hockenheim), and Sachsenring in 2011.
3. V8 Supercars ran a shorter layout at Shanghai from the outset.
4. V8 Supercars ran a shorter layout at Abu Dhabi from the outset.
5. V8 Supercars ran a short layout at Bahrain through 2009, and the GP circuit in 2010 when F1 used the Endurance Circuit.
6. V8 Supercars aren't allowed to use Albert Park as a championship round.
7. Bernie did not want Charlie Whiting to approve the IndyCar street circuit in Sao Paulo, much less have IndyCar at Interlagos.
8. A1GP ran the GP layout at Shanghai its first season, and was subsequently moved to a shorter layout.
9. A1GP eventually moved to Zhuhai and then Goldenport Chengdu.

I realize this doesn't always happen, and that other factors come into play, but there is NO denying that Bernie DEMANDS quite a lot of control over his realm.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3139716)   #34
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is stunning if true (Radio le mans reporting it, so no reason to think it isn't)

Audi are not taking a new Quatro to Bahrain - they are converting the Old boy's Ultra to Hybrid spec on the job
Old 21 Sep 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3139719)   #35
Ziemas
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Ziemas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
This is stunning if true (Radio le mans reporting it, so no reason to think it isn't)

Audi are not taking a new Quatro to Bahrain - they are converting the Old boy's Ultra to Hybrid spec on the job
Wasn't one of the main things about the Ultra that it was exactly the same as the E-Tron sans the hybrid system? Surely they just remove the extra ballast and mount the hybrid system.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3139763)   #36
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
probably 'cause the ultra has the latest updates already installed, anf the other e-tron was mothballed after Le Mans
Old 21 Sep 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3139768)   #37
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

Not really that big a deal. The Ultra is an e-tron without the e-tron bits installed, or vice versa. Probably easier than shipping a different chassis out, if there even is a ready built e-tron available at the moment. It would be interesting to know which chassis have been used in the WEC after Le Mans. If the LM winning chassis 208H isn't used anymore, as has been customary in recent years, maybe the WEC #1 is actually the #2 car from LM?
Old 22 Sep 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3139776)   #38
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't heard good things about the FIA and telling teams about the danger/threats in the area about this race. But then again it's the FIA.......
Old 22 Sep 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3139943)   #39
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I haven't heard good things about the FIA and telling teams about the danger/threats in the area about this race. But then again it's the FIA.......
The company I work for is working on a major project near the US Naval docks there and from what we have been told by some of the people I know there nothing really major is really going on to put anyone in major danger. The biggest thing we hear about is just mainly holigans out on Friday nights but other than that nothing.
Old 22 Sep 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3139948)   #40
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Our team has not received any special warnings from the FIA, other than the general request to act with respect when in a foreign country and that has been part of the media briefing notes for as long as we have had them.

This is what the Foreign & Commonwealth Office have to say
Old 23 Sep 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3140138)   #41
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
F1 has generally not been so keen on other significant championships running the same track layouts as they use. If other options are available, sometimes the other series move to an entirely different venue. It will be interesting to see what pans out for Bahrain and Shanghai, maybe not this year, but in coming seasons.

List of some examples:
1. GT1 ran the F1 layout at Abu Dhabi in 2010, but the V8 Supercars layout in 2011.
2. GT1 was at Nurburgring in 2010 (F1 at Hockenheim), and Sachsenring in 2011.
3. V8 Supercars ran a shorter layout at Shanghai from the outset.
4. V8 Supercars ran a shorter layout at Abu Dhabi from the outset.
5. V8 Supercars ran a short layout at Bahrain through 2009, and the GP circuit in 2010 when F1 used the Endurance Circuit.
6. V8 Supercars aren't allowed to use Albert Park as a championship round.
7. Bernie did not want Charlie Whiting to approve the IndyCar street circuit in Sao Paulo, much less have IndyCar at Interlagos.
8. A1GP ran the GP layout at Shanghai its first season, and was subsequently moved to a shorter layout.
9. A1GP eventually moved to Zhuhai and then Goldenport Chengdu.

I realize this doesn't always happen, and that other factors come into play, but there is NO denying that Bernie DEMANDS quite a lot of control over his realm.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me (I'm not saying you are wrong), it just doesn't make much sense. Why would F1 care what layout other series use? F1 cars are the fastest cars in the world in terms of lap times on a roadcourse, so its not like they have anything to be embarrassed about or that they are going to get shown up.

But if this true, then hopefully WEC can bypass a few of those unnecessary chicanes at Fuji.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3140613)   #42
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Which version of the track are they using? The smaller layout, or the longer one where Tilke sneezed on the drawing board?
He's sneezed more than once on his drawing board. Genius.

The endurance layout, I'm pretty sure.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3140651)   #43
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
The endurance layout, I'm pretty sure.
The FIA have defined the energy usage zones for the hybrid LMP1s according to the GP layout and NOT the endurance layout. So they will be using the GP layout.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3140652)   #44
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Anyone saw the teaser for it?

"See you there," Wurz said.

I wonder if it will draw a crowd.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtm...r-bahrain_auto

Cool teaser otherwise, but it is really ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
So, is the race at 16:00 local time? That'd be 09:00 EST - perfect
Times at fiawec.com are always local time. (They should really add "convert to my time" function to the website. Best way to not get people to watch the race is not to tell them when it's going to be on...)

I made a counter because once again this will probably asked many times, especially on Saturday...

=> http://timeanddate.com/countdown/gen...urs+of+Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
I haven't read anything about Luxury returning and Gunnar Jeanette doesn't believe he'll be with them again this year, so I'll say they're finished. I wonder how much they'll have to pay the FIA/ACO in fines for being no-shows in the last two and probably the last five WEC races?
"...may be fined €30,000 for each Event missed, except in special circumstances left to the discretion of the Panel of Stewards."

Calculate from that.

Last edited by deggis; 24 Sep 2012 at 04:21.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3140682)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Times at fiawec.com are always local time. (They should really add "convert to my time" function to the website. Best way to not get people to watch the race is not to tell them when it's going to be on...)
They do have a 'convert to your time' on the site! I used it for the race in Brazil.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3140689)   #46
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I also thought so... but I can't see it now. Edit: didn't think it first, but it might not be showing to me because I am in the same timezone than Bahrain.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3140691)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
"...may be fined €30,000 for each Event missed, except in special circumstances left to the discretion of the Panel of Stewards."

Calculate from that.
Well if they genuinely cant afford to make the rest of the season then whats the point of slugging them with a six figure fine then? Doesnt make much sense to me but then again thats the FIA for you..
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3140692)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
It updated when the race was closer. I remember wondering about the times, then before practice it allowed you to covert.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:50 (Ref:3140697)   #49
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Well if they genuinely cant afford to make the rest of the season then whats the point of slugging them with a six figure fine then? Doesnt make much sense to me but then again thats the FIA for you..
No, that's the ACO for you. ILMC supplementary regs (2011) has exactly same rule and fine, just worded a bit differently.

I wonder if Toyota had to pay the fines? (Not suggesting "corruption" but that did this rule actually affect them...)

Last edited by deggis; 24 Sep 2012 at 06:58.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3140701)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
No, that's the ACO for you. ILMC supplementary regs (2011) has exactly same rule and fine, just worded a bit differently.

I wonder if Toyota had to pay the fines? (Not suggesting "corruption" but that did this rule actually affect them...)
I think they have conveniently forgotten about Toyota, it makes a difference when you are a giant manufacturer bringing a factory team into the championship as opposed to a privateer GT team-if you know what I mean.