Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Dec 2003, 17:33 (Ref:802834)   #1
sr230772
Racer

sr230772 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no more swede

more bad news no more stefan johhansen what about american spirit does this mean the end for them too does cart need anymore bad news or are assist stripping for a new seris to start to replace cart when it finaly sadly goes bust
Old 3 Dec 2003, 23:44 (Ref:803183)   #2
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stefan Johansson only announced that he is no longer associated with the ASTJ Team ( he had resigned as a director
of the team ) and is now "looking forward to new and different challenges"...

... and perhaps we will see Björn Wirdheim (he was test ing with Patrick Racing) next year (hope so), he is a swede...
Old 4 Dec 2003, 14:38 (Ref:803778)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
American Sprit are beign wound up at present. Hunter-Reay's moeny should go elsewhere, while Vasser is looking to buy into Patrick.

And by the way, some parts of the world have something called punctuation. It's really good.
Old 4 Dec 2003, 19:28 (Ref:804014)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, ASTJ is being licquidated right now... hopefully the parts will be bought up by the OWRS bunch to prepare for next year...my guess is that they'll have to have a similar (series supported) team in 2004 to make up the grid...so maybe some of those who lost their job at ASTJ will be rehired.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 4 Dec 2003, 21:32 (Ref:804112)   #5
sr230772
Racer

sr230772 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry for the spelling
Old 4 Dec 2003, 22:11 (Ref:804148)   #6
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Yup, ASTJ is being licquidated right now... hopefully the parts will be bought up by the OWRS bunch to prepare for next year...my guess is that they'll have to have a similar (series supported) team in 2004 to make up the grid...so maybe some of those who lost their job at ASTJ will be rehired.
Carl Russo's RuSport for sure needs some parts for his entry in 2004... (I know, Toyota is also knocking on his door...)
Old 5 Dec 2003, 06:13 (Ref:804419)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad for Stefan, but it was always difficult for the guy running with next-to-no sponsorship for an entire season. Hopefully he can move on to another challenge. But we should all give thanks for his two-car effort this year.

OWRS should buy the stock and sell it to new teams!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 07:35 (Ref:804462)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is bad news for the series, they really need to be out trying to entice guys to keep their money in the series, hopefully someone can ensure that the team survives.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 09:50 (Ref:804536)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed a blow for the series. Still things are slowly getting better, and as has already been mentioned we should have (hopefully) another Swede in CART for 2004 in the shape of Bjorn Wirdheim, hes a F3000 champion and ultra fast and could do with a break.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 12:49 (Ref:804695)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Still things are slowly getting better
Yep, the last month has been brillaint:
  • A prestigious race cancelled, leaving the series massively unbalanced
  • A massive lawsuit imposed against CART for the cancellation
  • A race winning team going bankrupt, leaving a former champion driveless
  • A successful ex-IRL team, whose defection was cited as a major coup, on the brink, leaving Haberfeld rideless
  • The cancellation of the season-opener, one of the major successes of 2003, meaning that the series won't start until everything else has been underway for weeks
  • The buyout looking to be dead, replaced by a complex agreement which looks unlikely to be ready by April

It's a champagne era for CART!

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 5 Dec 2003 at 12:52.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 13:15 (Ref:804726)   #11
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boots,

you're right, CART is in the emergency room at the moment, but we're still alive and kicking! OWRS (KK/GF/PG) are all intelligent businessmen.....KK is LOADED with money, Forsythe isn't doing to bad himself and Mr. Gentilozzi will be a great CEO....he know's how to talk to people! They have Big Plans for ChampCars!!! They will be successful....it won't happen overnight, but give it 2-3 years and you will see this series turned around. The more I talk the smaller the "fat lady that sings" gets...

Last edited by Dov; 5 Dec 2003 at 13:21.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:09 (Ref:804782)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I sincerely hope OWRS does manage to gain control of CART and turn it around, I think it's a bit premature and praise them before we actually see some solid results.

Talk is, after all, cheap regardless of how noble it may sound until you actually produce the goods as well.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:21 (Ref:804789)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
It's also cheap when some people can't stop talking about the D & G! The question is....do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I choose to look at it as half full....
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:34 (Ref:804797)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once OWRS manages to gain control of the assets and presents a solid plan for what they intend to do, then I might start to see the glass as half full.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:51 (Ref:804811)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
The glass is half-full, but all that's been added recently is poison. I speak as a somewhat distressed CART fan (open-wheel road-racing fan in general) who is seeing my favourite series disintegrating before my eyes. I apologise if I came across too engative, but that is how I see the state of play.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:28 (Ref:804857)   #16
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Fair enough, Boots!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:32 (Ref:804860)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main problem about people who seem interested at taking CART over, is that fans' situations apparently is the last and the least of their thoughts...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 16:43 (Ref:804949)   #18
dirtfan
Racer

dirtfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tha fan's interest being last has been the problem since the early 90's, and was one of the reasons TG split. Unfortunately, he has ended up doing the same thing, as has NASCAR. They should all take a look at NHRA, with the pits full of fans watching engine teardowns, talking to drivers and crewmembers and getting a Nitro High. When you get too "elite" for the little guy, he's going to drift off to the Saturday Night bullrings or local road events.
By the way, I don't smoke, but I do drink Bud and drive a pickup truck!