Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Oct 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1445396)   #51
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
But that doesn't stop them sueing as soon as someone looks at them funnily....
Lol.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1445406)   #52
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSheds
Are you sure you meant 4" (inches) or is it 4' (feet)?

Inches. Yes.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1445449)   #53
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
There's always the assumption in formual one that people only show emotion to be really annoyng.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1445453)   #54
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, I don't understand this business of
a) the team climbing on fences
b) the driver coming in close to the wall - The proper way to cross the line is to charge across on the racing line, hammer down and hand in the air!!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1445497)   #55
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well frankly i am surprised at all of you...we still allow the incredible dangers of things such as dihydrogen oxide to exist and people don't seem so apalled. I mean seriously if submerged in even small quantities you can be killed! And yet your complaining about people being banned from celebrating things...shame on all of you
Old 28 Oct 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1445619)   #56
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wonder what the FIA would do for victory doughnuts
Old 28 Oct 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1445796)   #57
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are these doughnuts have low fat content? If not then the FIA will ban them from the circuits, although I do wish they would ban some of the burger vans
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1446651)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I wasn't expecting this rule change?

Is this a joke?

Still, I suppose we must eradicate every shred of visible emotion from F1 as part of the sanitising project.

Seriously, this rule is absolutely barmy, completely pathetic and downright saddening.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1446652)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*knowlesy racks brain to try and think of anything dangerous ever happening due to pit celebrations*

Nope.

Although pitstops are quite eventful at times.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1446657)   #60
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBoehm
Heh. Let's be honest, victory doughnuts are alright, but for all we know they might put an electronci wheel lock after the race to prevent this.

And what if alesi was still in f1, he'd be kicked out for throwing his hemets into the crowd.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1446664)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBoehm
Make traction control mandatory after the race.

It's not as if anyone in F1 would do a victory doughnut though. Better to rush back to Parc Ferme, keeping the TV companies happy, and then shake hands with a corporate nobody congratulating you on your fine win, whilst taking a fine swig of Vittel.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1446665)   #62
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Vittel's a bit left wing, evian would please the french.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1446669)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh sod the French, they've got the F1 titles haven't they, isn't that enough?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1446672)   #64
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
The FIA is french, so there you go. on the other hand, they may try and bring in their own brand water.

eFIAn - Straight from Mosley's pits to your motormouth.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1446707)   #65
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
The FIA is french, so there you go. on the other hand, they may try and bring in their own brand water.

Probably the team of the prancing horse already has it!!!
Old 29 Oct 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1446744)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The FIA is french

Uhn, what's the 'I' between the 'F' and the 'A' ?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1446806)   #67
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The FIA is not French - it is the international governing body, it has no nationality.

It uses offices in Paris, Geneva and London
Old 29 Oct 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1446869)   #68
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
With regards the doughnut thing....they were banned some years ago as i recall.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1446916)   #69
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
With regards the doughnut thing....they were banned some years ago as i recall.
Apparently banned so the post race "celebrations" can go ahead on time.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1447029)   #70
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't recall anyone doing a doughnut after a Grand Prix in the first place
Old 29 Oct 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1447052)   #71
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
But that doesn't stop them sueing as soon as someone looks at them funnily....
I found that comment deeply upsetting and plan to sue.

In other news, all mechanics will be expected to come to each race wrapped in cotton wool from next year onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan733
well frankly i am surprised at all of you...we still allow the incredible dangers of things such as dihydrogen oxide to exist and people don't seem so apalled. I mean seriously if submerged in even small quantities you can be killed! And yet your complaining about people being banned from celebrating things...shame on all of you
Don't forget that it makes up the majority of acid rain.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1447096)   #72
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I don't recall anyone doing a doughnut after a Grand Prix in the first place
I do. I am tryingto remember who, where and when.....but I do remember it. I guess itm ay be a case of dreamland getting confused with reality, but I am pretty certain it actually happened.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1447351)   #73
happyhammer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Poole
happyhammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the mechanics would be better off in bubble wrap. That way, if they do fall on to the track they will simply bounce back up again. Not sure about the fire protection offered by bubble wrap, mind.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1447353)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No worse than cotton wool I presume.

Personally, I feel everyone would be much safer if we just called the whole thing off. Ban motor-racing. After all, it's getting beyond dangerous now.

All those people falling from pit gantries is beyond a joke....

And did you hear about the number of chair related accidents in the McLaren Technology Centre last season? Dreadful, ban chairs right now while we're at it.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1447523)   #75
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Banning doughnuts is just stupid, taking away the excitment after the race and not pleasing the fans.
So people didn't like it when Schui showed no emotion and once thought he was a robot a few years back, now they won't let pit men do the same and expect them to keep their celebration of hard work in?

As far as I'm concerned if they are going to do ban pit walll celebrations then they might as well ban the podium because say some one fell of that, that would be very dangerous.
Pathetic.