Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3960442)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic to see nine ladies and one French! Have fun all.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 22:54 (Ref:3960487)   #27
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just checked the vhrr website for the entry list. Not available yet but says available early March, so just a few days before the meeting opens next Friday. Ill post a link as soon as it is available.

In the meantime they have published an updated press release. Noticed Andy Newall is not mentioned in the UK drivers attending. Hope his plans to be there are still intact and it is an oversight in the press release. He has become a regular in these parts for this meeting. Looking forward to seeing the Chevron too.

Anyway I will be there and look forward to catching up with any tenthers attending (dr bob and john that I know of)

The press release I mentioned

Some interesting profile pics ahead of the entry list.https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...16NkM0Uk9HNmlB
Press Release spat out without benefit of proof reading or spell check
Old 29 Feb 2020, 22:47 (Ref:3960694)   #28
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
You can't race it, but you can super sprint it

At some point they will become historic, and that is ok. But lets not have them for a while yet.
I thought the event at PI was a RACE for Heritage Touring Cars and the VE was in it?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 22:56 (Ref:3960695)   #29
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race schedule and entry list now up on VHRR site. A "5 litre Supersprint"?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 23:13 (Ref:3960699)   #30
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I thought the event at PI was a RACE for Heritage Touring Cars and the VE was in it?
There is a race category for Group C&A, and a supersprint category called "5 Litre Supersprint"

I haven't seen an entry list as yet, but I might presume that it will look something like the the 5 Litre demonstration that happened at the 2014 Winton Festival of Speed, also promoted by VHRR. All ex-Supercars, some as recent as (then) three years old.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 00:36 (Ref:3960704)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Race schedule and entry list now up on VHRR site. A "5 litre Supersprint"?
Entry List and schedule: https://vhrr.com/PI2020Schedule&CompList.pdf

Ill have a better look at it on my PC later. Too hard on a phone!
Old 1 Mar 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3960735)   #32
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
EB, Greenmachine
I will be there. Come and say hello
See you there Dr Bob! Just getting my bag ready, trying to find some film for the Instamatic, and wondering where I put my toothbrush
Old 1 Mar 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3960740)   #33
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Entry List and schedule: https://vhrr.com/PI2020Schedule&CompList.pdf

Ill have a better look at it on my PC later. Too hard on a phone!
About time the list came out, the inner bogan in me: Paul Stubber in the Camaro in the Southern Loop ....

Last edited by cavvy; 1 Mar 2020 at 08:46.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3960744)   #34
champcarman
Veteran

Should be a great weekend even if the overseas entries are at an all time low.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3960766)   #35
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an amazing variety of cars in that list but puzzled by the paucity of Lotuses. The mainstay of any UK and European historic race meetings are Lotus of all types.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3960778)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
About time the list came out, the inner bogan in me: Paul Stubber in the Camaro in the Southern Loop ....
Paul Stubber is always great guy to watch. Fabulous car control and an entertainer. In whatever of his many cars he drives.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 02:20 (Ref:3960898)   #37
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
What an amazing variety of cars in that list but puzzled by the paucity of Lotuses. The mainstay of any UK and European historic race meetings are Lotus of all types.
Love to see more Lotus cars at PI but the organisers seem to think touring cars are the priority so bringing a field of Lotus , Brabhams etc from overseas is not.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 03:55 (Ref:3962073)   #38
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford with 51 starters is the biggest single category.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 05:10 (Ref:3962260)   #39
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Love to see more Lotus cars at PI but the organisers seem to think touring cars are the priority so bringing a field of Lotus , Brabhams etc from overseas is not.
Plenty of LOTI already in Oz...however, you know something is wrong with the organisation of the once brilliant event, when you see a 5 car field of well heeled types having their own category
Old 8 Mar 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3962280)   #40
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Plenty of LOTI already in Oz...however, you know something is wrong with the organisation of the once brilliant event, when you see a 5 car field of well heeled types having their own category

Very cryptic. What do you mean?
Old 8 Mar 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3962297)   #41
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Very cryptic. What do you mean?
Its a local problem, nothing to see here, move along
Old 8 Mar 2020, 23:18 (Ref:3962388)   #42
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I think that was the best run Classic I have been to. All races run, noone lost laps due to running behind schedule for the whole weekend.

Great fields for the racing classes, although I noted that there was not a single Bugatti Type 35 entered for the event, which is just a little bit sad.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 06:03 (Ref:3962645)   #43
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed my Saturday at the races, saw some good action, wandered through the pits and had a few chats (inc drbob). The morning historic touring car race was red-flagged after a big crash from Andrew Williams' Torana I think coming onto the front straight; I gather he was ok, hopefully the car can be repaired. A couple of photos for now - no Bugattis entered bludvl, but this one was down towards turn 2 and had been driven to the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Drbob BMW.jpg   Bugatti PI20.jpg  
Old 10 Mar 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3962692)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes I had a ball and spent time meeting up with old friends and new, including dr. bob.... what a perfect gentleman he is, very welcoming, interesting and informative, happy to answer any questions I had. The BMW ran brilliantly all weekend given it was first time out, and up there with the Group A 635s. (Charlie O'Brian did a best lap 0.3 off of Jim Richards JPS 635 best lap.)

Will post more pics tonight.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3962713)   #45
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Where can results be found for this meeting?
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3962721)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Where can results be found for this meeting?
http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3962723)   #47
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Thank you, EB.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3962746)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thank you, EB.
No probs.

As promised a link to my album of photos taken over the weekend.

https://ibb.co/album/iZHgfa
Old 10 Mar 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3962777)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
As on usual many engine/ suspension interesting details, thanks for this and the rest! What kind of less do you use, we can see the pistons through the head! Amaaaaazing…
Old 10 Mar 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3962817)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Is the ramp of big SU's with nicely designed trumpets (air horns?) fitted to a XK engine. The white 9 Jag' may be?