Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jun 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3984069)   #1976
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Bauble, long may you and your picture thread thrive.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3984076)   #1977
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Happy birthday for tomorrow Bob; but as it's Friday, and as we used to say ' the weekend starts here' I hope you are kicking off the celebrations tonight.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3984080)   #1978
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’ve been at Brands Hatch all day . Very very hot .Happy Birthday Bob . Thank you for all the photos and the banter . I hope you have a lovely evening .Just cycling home now so I shall pedal away singing “ Bauble Bob Bauble Bob .”. Happy days
I wish I'd have known you were there today, I too could have brought you an ECU you might have been desperate for. Just wondering how long it took you to cycle home from Brands to Reading as not even the world famous Delta can't use the M25 on a push bike
Old 26 Jun 2020, 22:35 (Ref:3984097)   #1979
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I wish I'd have known you were there today, I too could have brought you an ECU you might have been desperate for. Just wondering how long it took you to cycle home from Brands to Reading as not even the world famous Delta can't use the M25 on a push bike
Given what I've just seen on social media, as long as you're dressed as a fox and have a bit of money behind you, you're deemed an 'essential helper' and can get in pretty easily
Old 27 Jun 2020, 00:15 (Ref:3984110)   #1980
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I forgot all about Brands yesterday as I was too busy "dreaming" about my other home. I made this some while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ws1hwPGwQ
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jun 2020, 05:29 (Ref:3984134)   #1981
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Hey Tim Zi did bike home from Brands but probably 30 years ago now . I’m ashamed to say that I gave up and caught the train after about 30 miles .Dont tell Bob I don’t want to upset him on his Birthday .
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:06 (Ref:3984138)   #1982
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Drink

Many Happy Returns of the Day Mr Bauble.
As it is such a special occasion, I promise to try and play nicely today!
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:20 (Ref:3984140)   #1983
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They say birthdays come around faster as you get older but it seems no time at all since I last said this - Happy Birthday Bob!
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3984142)   #1984
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
They say birthdays come around faster as you get older but it seems no time at all since I last said this - Happy Birthday Bob!
I remember hearing an explanation for why this happens a while back.

If you are always creating memories, then the time between your 9th and 10th birthdays is 1/10th of your entire memory, so feels like a significant period in your life. When you reach 50, the time between birthdays is only 1/50th of your memory, so feels like a lot less in comparison.

Oh - and happy birthday bob.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3984145)   #1985
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I remember hearing an explanation for why this happens a while back.

If you are always creating memories, then the time between your 9th and 10th birthdays is 1/10th of your entire memory, so feels like a significant period in your life. When you reach 50, the time between birthdays is only 1/50th of your memory, so feels like a lot less in comparison.

Oh - and happy birthday bob.
No, it's because it WAS only yesterday...........................................
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:51 (Ref:3984146)   #1986
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a feeling of de ja vu. Bonne annèè Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 07:11 (Ref:3984149)   #1987
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy Birthday, Bob !
Old 27 Jun 2020, 07:34 (Ref:3984151)   #1988
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many Happy Returns, Mr Bull.

Old 27 Jun 2020, 08:28 (Ref:3984159)   #1989
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
No, it's because it WAS only yesterday...........................................
Think how the queen feels....
Old 27 Jun 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3984160)   #1990
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy 'Official' Birthday Bob. Enjoy.
Im enjoying a glass of (Aussie) red in your honour as I type.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3984166)   #1991
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is how Mrs B sees it.
Attached Thumbnails
img20200627_09590543.png  
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:19 (Ref:3984171)   #1992
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Happy Birthday Bob (from my Mojacar mancave) Click image for larger version

Name:	cave.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	62469
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jun 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3984177)   #1993
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy birthday Bob from the Bromham Massive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jun 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3984179)   #1994
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Happy Birthday Bob (from my Mojacar mancave) Attachment 62469
Looks pretty fireproof Gordon, complete with comfy cushions, and armchair I trust.

Ta,

Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3984190)   #1995
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Bob, have an excellent day
Old 27 Jun 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3984191)   #1996
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just finished a call to my sister to congratulate her on her 77th birthday, so now know I can never forget yours, Mr Bauble, sir. The most felicitous congratulations on the auspicious anniversary of your birth! I shall raise a glass to you later
Old 27 Jun 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3984195)   #1997
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday, Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3984199)   #1998
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Lanc's sister.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3984200)   #1999
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
L'histoire se répète dit-on, elle aimerait * bé-bé-bégayer…
Hapyppy Birthdayday papapy! A la tienne mon pote Robert!
Old 27 Jun 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3984216)   #2000
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Happy birthday Lanc's sister.
His young sister?