Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 May 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3904580)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Remember when we used to get excited about "The Winston"?

Yeah.....
Old 19 May 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3904771)   #102
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Off topic a bit...Bill Elliott won his class at vintage races at Barber Motorsport Park, in Mustang Trans-Am class car. Guess he is liking this and having fun.
Old 20 May 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3904974)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Remember when we used to get excited about "The Winston"?

Yeah.....
I think you had it right, the last time I cared it was still the Winston and I actually CARED. It was the Winston and Bristol, the rest I could catch up on or watch bits and pieces but those I had to watch live
Old 23 May 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3905402)   #104
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well I enjoyed the All Star and am looking forward to the 600. Can anyone explain to me why Kyle Busch was so angry with the car last weekend? It looked fast to my eyes, heck he led for a bit... is it a return of whiney Kyle or is something not right?
Old 24 May 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3905433)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Well I enjoyed the All Star and am looking forward to the 600. Can anyone explain to me why Kyle Busch was so angry with the car last weekend? It looked fast to my eyes, heck he led for a bit... is it a return of whiney Kyle or is something not right?
Did Whiney Kyle ever leave?
Old 24 May 2019, 06:20 (Ref:3905453)   #106
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Did Whiney Kyle ever leave?
Fair point Sir

He definitely stopped whining as much as he used to. But last week there was enough $%^&£#@€ on Kyles radio for a whole radioactive!

Probably needs more than one bar of soap to clean his mouth out...
Old 24 May 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3905489)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I have hope to view some of the 600 this weekend. It's gonna be hot.
Old 24 May 2019, 16:46 (Ref:3905534)   #108
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Fair point Sir

He definitely stopped whining as much as he used to. But last week there was enough $%^&£#@€ on Kyles radio for a whole radioactive!

Probably needs more than one bar of soap to clean his mouth out...
I've liked Kyle Busch for several years now. But now that he has over 200 NASCAR wins overall. He needs to get out of Grand National and Truck races. All of the other Cup drivers have stopped doing that now.
Old 24 May 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3905552)   #109
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
He has said no more Grand National once he has 100 wins. Not many more to go...

Think we're going to see him continue in Trucks doing as many races as NASCAR allow though. I'm looking forward to see how Greg Biffle goes in Kyles truck at Texas. One of those drivers I always liked who simply disappeared...
Old 26 May 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3906178)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Still one more race to go today. 600 miles of the National Stock Car Auto Racing series in North Cackalacky.
Old 27 May 2019, 02:08 (Ref:3906220)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm about to watch the last 100 laps. I'm not sure why....
Old 27 May 2019, 03:26 (Ref:3906230)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I watched cause Chase had a chance, but holy hell, that was a bonkers finish. Congrats to Truex.

Greatest day in motor sports done. Bring on Le Mans.
Old 27 May 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3906276)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The great thing about NASCAR is the underdog can make the difference. It's action like this that keeps me interested. Great win for Truex, the championship is still close atm.

I've still got plenty of motorsport from over the weekend to watch, but what I've seen so far has been good.
Old 29 May 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3906840)   #114
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Still trying to decide if Truex dumped that car on purpose to get a caution 'cause he needed tyres. If he did he had the decency to make it look like an accident!

And whiney Kyle whines some more. Heck, third place and a stack of dollar bills would make pretty much most drivers happy.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3912379)   #115
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Starting with the recent Michigan race, NASCAR is back on TV for Aussie viewers.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3916343)   #116
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really not into this manufacturers running together stuff.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3916375)   #117
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was actually a decent race once the weather was on its way, think Kurt Busch got screwed by Nascar.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3917220)   #118
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
In fairness to NASCAR they made a decision to go racing, and in the time between that call and the start of the racing lap lightning struck. Which is a mandatory red flag. So unfortunate for those drivers who pitted, but it was rolling dice at that point.

Hope young Justin lands a full time Cup ride in the next year or so - a great weekend and his xfinity second place sandwiched between his teammates was on merit, not lady luck.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3917641)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Heard from folks at church (that's right) that the finish last night was good and between the Busch Sisters...

I give you this, from a Twitter feed we post regularly in other threads:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/s...008396801?s=19
Old 18 Jul 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3918290)   #120
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Caught up on it now. It was indeed good, plenty of side by side racing and over taking throughout. To me it seems the racing is much closer than the past few years.

Busch on Busch could have been a calamity on the last lap as Kyle lost his backend momentarily.

Good to see another team into victory lane, in this respect too much better than last year were it was the Kyle Kevin and Martin show.

A non Cup question guys (bear in mind I'm not in the States). I see small crowds at most xfinity and truck races I've watched this year. Which makes me think racing is badly out of favour with the public. Yet I saw some footage of Matt Kenseth on Twitter in a short track race a week or so back and the place was packed...

So how come big national NASCAR races aren't getting crowds?

(Or was Kenseth a massive pull factor which brought in an exceptional amount of people?)
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3918323)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Most of the local tracks that are still open, sadly many are closing every season, have packed houses every event. The bigger regional events always draw a crowd but 2 tracks on the south side of Atlanta get filled quick for most events, Senoia is filled for most races and has most of the medium and smaller touring series and a few unique local events with 28 events from March through October. But pricing helps too, $12/adult, $5 kids 6-12 and free under 5.

But it seems from reading Robin Miller's articles the USAC guys in the middle of the country see the same thing, packed houses for most events and the big national event "The Chili Bowl" for USAC midgets is packed. Passholders have to renew or risk losing their seats and it has been sold out, and started streaming the event as well. It's the jump from running this level to even trucks, the cash and sponsorship needs are INSANE so most drivers without a Cup team interested can't make it.

As for why Cup can't draw, the other 2 haven't in a long time and Trucks used to get sales because you had to buy that ticket to get a Cup ticket, there's an idea for every pundit out there. The leading ideas are aging fan base, angry fan base at too many changes, "corporateness" of teams and drivers and the racing. But if you can solve why Bristol, who used to have waiting lists for tickets, now covers close to half the seats, Charlotte, who's covering more seats again this year and others are plummeting in attendance you could probably take over NASCAR next week.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3918401)   #122
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Thanks broadrun, good to know that racing isn't dead at the "grass roots".

When I used to watch Busch series in the '00s (used to get a 1 hour highlight show in the UK) crowds looked pretty decent. Less than the packed out Cup races but decent all the same. When I watched the Bristol xfinity round this year I think there were more team members in pit lane than fans in the stands Cup looked like more empty seats than sold ones too. Folks must be staying away for good reason. Some of the popular drivers retiring, the stupid play off nonsense and naff cars that made real racing a rare sight for the last few years ate probably a part of that.

Something mahoosive needs to change to attract audiences otherwise it's going to die off. What young man/woman is going to want to bust their balls to work their way up to driving a car round a deserted track. You can do that far cheaper at a shopping mall on a Saturday night!
Old 22 Jul 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3918840)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Sad news from the NASCAR Community:
Kaulig Racing crew chief Nick Harrison dies; he was 37.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...nn/1790090001/
Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3919060)   #124
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Such a young age, very sad. ��

I'm glad he and the rest of the Kaulig team had a breakthrough victory the other week. Hopefully this will give the guys strength at this time.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 23:05 (Ref:3923685)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well Nascar has finally realized Buschwakers were killing off driver development in both Trucks and Grand National cars. Cup drivers with 3 years experience can't run more than 5 races in both series, sounds like they mean combined in both. I don't think it will help much now but the usual Nascar plan, bolt the door after the horse has run away.