Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 May 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3901556)   #126
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe 10 years down the line Motown will be back
Old 3 May 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3901576)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe 10 years down the line Motown will be back
How? Why?
Old 3 May 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3901591)   #128
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How? Why?
New ruleset will allow them to catch up and pass everyone else. Ross is working on it! Remain patient!

Richard
Old 3 May 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3901592)   #129
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
New ruleset will allow them to catch up and pass everyone else.
I quite often see that people want to go back to an era of:
Raw and mechanical F1 cars,
style and character setting each car apart,
steel spaceframe chassis,
hand-crafted aluminum bodywork,
15-inch wheels,
Avon slicks,
Wilwood brakes,
GM LS engines,
non-hybrid,
open exhausts.....

perhaps they're just waiting for the music to come back?
Old 3 May 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3901609)   #130
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Iperhaps they're just waiting for the music to come back?
And a new core of regeneration engineers.
Old 5 May 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3902012)   #131
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I quite often see that people want to go back to an era of:
Raw and mechanical F1 cars,
style and character setting each car apart,
steel spaceframe chassis,
hand-crafted aluminum bodywork,
15-inch wheels,
Avon slicks,
Wilwood brakes,
GM LS engines,
non-hybrid,
open exhausts.....

perhaps they're just waiting for the music to come back?
Mercedes might prefer a 2.5 straight eight. Worked well a few years back.
Old 6 May 2019, 03:29 (Ref:3902131)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they will do well whatever you throw at them. That good at engineering
Old 7 May 2019, 04:42 (Ref:3902401)   #133
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Article from Motorsport magazine assessing the relative performance of the teams in the first 4 races - it would appear Mercedes are doing very well thank you!

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...ter-four-races

Interesting how the front and rear limited chassis affect the performance at the various tracks.
Old 7 May 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3902469)   #134
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think they will do well whatever you throw at them. That good at engineering
Ilmor have a well deserved reputation.
Old 8 May 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3902556)   #135
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why some expect a rule change to affect the top pecking order is one of the world's great mysteries. The teams basically know what the PU is going to be already and I bet Mercedes already have one built and running while others are thinking about it.
Old 8 May 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3902574)   #136
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why some expect a rule change to affect the top pecking order is one of the world's great mysteries. The teams basically know what the PU is going to be already and I bet Mercedes already have one built and running while others are thinking about it.
They have the financial resources and the R&D facilities at Brixworth, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct.
Old 10 May 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3902883)   #137
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It introduces an opportunity for change, but the previous order is the most likely.

You must remember that not all fans are as great as you at realising these things as you point out. Pity them and give them the benefit of your wisdom.
Old 10 May 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3902909)   #138
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It introduces an opportunity for change, but the previous order is the most likely.

You must remember that not all fans are as great as you at realising these things as you point out. Pity them and give them the benefit of your wisdom.
I think my wisdom is no better than anyone else's, it just stands to reason that a winning team is unlikely to fall into a heap just because of a regulation change. This mass thinking by fans that changes will bring a new team forward is part of the herd thinking that fans of any sport seem to indulge in for some reason. No changes that have been introduced have changed the pecking order so the assumption that 2021 will affect it is not sound at all IMHO.
Old 10 May 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3902935)   #139
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No changes that have been introduced have changed the pecking order so the assumption that 2021 will affect it is not sound at all.
2014?
Old 10 May 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3902937)   #140
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
2005 and 2009 as well.
Old 10 May 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3902989)   #141
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
2005 and 2009 as well.
To clarify, within the present hybrid era. MB then began in front and they are still there and nothing since has changed that. I would be more than a little surprised if they have not started development work on the 2021 PU as I mentioned before. F1 has changed hugely since the hybrid era was introduced due to the complexity of the thing restricting possible engine suppliers and the artificial barrier erected in the first two years that prevented new suppliers even looking at F1.
Old 10 May 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3902992)   #142
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
To clarify, within the present hybrid era. MB then began in front and they are still there and nothing since has changed that.
So to clarify further - having performed the best over a five year period means that people should expect the same situation to remain for decades?

In the past, there have been changes of front-running teams both during a consistent engine format, and when engine format has changed.

Applying your logic today, perhaps people should never have expected Honda's dominance to end during the late '80s, early '90s?
Old 10 May 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3903031)   #143
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In the past, there have been changes of front-running teams both during a consistent engine format, and when engine format has changed.

Applying your logic today, perhaps people should never have expected Honda's dominance to end during the late '80s, early '90s?
Good question. I wish I was more knowledgeable on this topic, but it would be interesting to see some discussion as to how various F1 dynasties came to an end and if there is any indication that history can point to when the current Mercedes one might end.

Richard
Old 10 May 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3903062)   #144
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Toto moving on might start it?

https://www.racefans.net/2019/05/10/...rix-day-one-2/
Old 10 May 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3903085)   #145
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

If I was Mercedes I would be more than happy to second Toto to Liberty to ensure I maintained the Mercedes multi-billion dollar advantage into the future.
When he is finished running F1 he can always return to the mothership.

Ross Brawn should be very "happy" to have Toto as a boss again, given that Toto's appointment at Mercedes was the reason Ross resigned.
Old 11 May 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3903099)   #146
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think the first 4 races this year have answered the thread title
Old 11 May 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3903125)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, flattered to deceive. They'll be lucky to pick up points for the rest of the season....
Old 11 May 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3903128)   #148
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nah, flattered to deceive. They'll be lucky to pick up points for the rest of the season....
Old 11 May 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3903137)   #149
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

Related article that goes into more changes happening at Mercedes...

https://www.racefans.net/2019/05/08/...ff-after-2020/

After watching Nico Rosberg interview Toto (Nico's YouTube channel), I have new respect for Toto's leadership/management skills. He might be good for F1 if at Liberty and the winds of change that the article above mentions might end the current Mercedes dynasty.

Richard
Old 12 May 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3903257)   #150
wnut
Veteran

Mercedes have their biggest advantage for 58 races:

https://www.racefans.net/2019/05/11/...-for-58-races/

Guess we don't write them off just yet then.