Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3826172)   #51
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
Otherwise at some point in the not too distant future I will be editing out the adverts and converting them to .mkv to keep. You can have those instead if you like.
The .mkv files would be much appreciated! Will wait for the not too distant future. Thank you in advance!
Old 2 Jun 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3826174)   #52
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
The .mkv files would be much appreciated! Will wait for the not too distant future. Thank you in advance!
No problem! Feel free to pester me if you don't hear from me soonish!
Old 4 Jun 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3826870)   #53
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So we had the 2016 race last night, the 2017 one tonight, will we get the 2018 race tomorrow night? Sean
Old 5 Jun 2018, 05:07 (Ref:3826895)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i know, the schedule seemed to get faster over the last few weeks, originally thought it was done so as to each 2017 in the week before the 2018 race, still gives me a chance to watch the original le mans film now. Until last year i always watched it just before i leave to get me in the mood.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3826930)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well just watched the final race, last year, had forgotten how good it was

Can now to record the IOM TT highlights every evening without causing the sky box to blow a fuse
Old 6 Jun 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3827105)   #56
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got 6 years worth to watch before leaving for Le Mans next Friday, I've really enjoyed them and wondering what become of some teams! Paul Belmondo, Luxury Racing to name just a couple
Old 11 Jun 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3828289)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good News Guys - Carlton Kirby is part of the commentary team at Le Mans this year as it has been confirmed by the man himself - https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/sta...77308673851393
Old 11 Jun 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3828491)   #58
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Good News Guys - Carlton Kirby is part of the commentary team at Le Mans this year as it has been confirmed by the man himself - https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/sta...77308673851393
Oh
Old 19 Jun 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3831925)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Hey anyone else lost motorsport tv on their sky box
Old 19 Jun 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3831933)   #60
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Hey anyone else lost motorsport tv on their sky box
Not appearing on my Sky box either.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3831963)   #61
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
ditto!

scotbrutesfan might be able to shed some light on this
Old 20 Jun 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3832024)   #62
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not on mine either for past 24hrs-Sky reporting 'Technical dificulties' Hope this is solved soon as it is channel I have watched most often for some years
Old 20 Jun 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3832045)   #63
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are still broadcasting in the clear on 11.306500 H, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S.

Maybe they are arguing with Sky over EPG costs? Should be still visible if you can manually tune. No problems seeing it with my VU+.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3832103)   #64
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
They are still broadcasting in the clear on 11.306500 H, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S.

Maybe they are arguing with Sky over EPG costs? Should be still visible if you can manually tune. No problems seeing it with my VU+.
Sorry-this has me baffledHave had no means of receiving TV here other than Sky dish for some years now
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3832121)   #65
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Sorry-this has me baffledHave had no means of receiving TV here other than Sky dish for some years now
Well, if you have a 'Sky dish' that's just a satellite dish by another name!

Motorsport.tv is broadcast from the Astra 2G satellite on two different frequencies. One is reserved for the Freesat EPG at 11306500 H and the other is for BSkyB at 11344500 H.

Have no idea how the Sky box works but surely the receiver should allow you to manually tune a frequency that isn't in the Sky EPG? If so, just retune to the other frequency or select it from the 'All channels' list as you should see a double entry for Motorsport.tv.

Edit to add:
Motorsport.tv posted on their Facebook page yesterday: Apologies, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties on Sky, but should be running again shortly.

Last edited by Lorenzo S; 20 Jun 2018 at 14:53.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3832180)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well following that guide i've got it back up on my box, and ironically Le Mans is on now

Can't access it on the sky tv guide so unable to set programmes to record though. will have to wait for it to be reinstated for that I reckon.

Just have to make do with looking it mtv own programme listings to see what's on and when.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3835237)   #67
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Motorsport tv now backon sky box and showing le mans classic live
Old 15 Sep 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3850392)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the end of motorsport tv announced, so enjoy the next two weeks. ill be interesting to see if any other station takes up the WEC coverage
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3850744)   #69
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well the end of motorsport tv announced, so enjoy the next two weeks. ill be interesting to see if any other station takes up the WEC coverage
When ? How was this decided and why ?
Old 16 Sep 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3850762)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was on DSC a couple of days ago. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...59#post3850259
Old 16 Sep 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3850765)   #71
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=PascaLM;3850744] When ? How was this decided and why ?[/Multiple industry sources are confirming to DSC that Motorsport Network are set to close their Motorsport TV channel in two week’s time.

Below is taken from dailysportscar.com website :

The channel is to cease ‘Linear Broadcasting’ (effectively all programming via a dedicated broadcast channel) at the end of September with one insider confirming to DSC that this will apply across all global outlets, and that whilst the company intends to continue online streaming this looks set to only a direct feed from race or Championship ‘house’ feeds with no additional in-house production from Motorsport network.

The broadcaster has been plagued by a stream of issues since Motors TV was acquired by Motorsport Network in late 2016 with reports of commercial and organisational issues causing late payments to contractors, and with the channel dropping off the SKY platform as commercial disputes were resolved. On the technical side promised HD programming failed to appear. Several long standing broadcast contracts also fell victim to the changes made by the new owners.

At present the channel broadcasts a range of Championships and Series including the FIA WEC, ELMS, and Blancpain GT Series, all of whom are set to lose their TV home in several markets, though other online options exist for many.

Further reports also suggest that Motorsport Network is in the midst of a major senior management shake-up as CEO Colin Smith has also stepped down. Ex F1 commentator James Allen, previously President of operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa has taken over as President of Motorsport Network with immediate effect. DSC is also aware that at least one other senior staff member has departed the business in recent days.

Motorsport Network have responded to our approach on Saturday evening (UK time) with the following staement:

“Our customers are changing the way they consume content and as a global media business and the number one motorsport destination, our role is to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.

“Our audience is shifting towards digital channels, and through 2018 we’ve seen an average 40% growth month-over-month in consumption of video across our online channels.

“In order to serve our committed global audience, we will be adapting our business to meet consumer needs and that is why from Sept 30th we will transition Motorsport.tv to an online and on demand model; moving away from our linear TV channel.

“The future of Motorsport Network is exciting as we continue to use our unique convening power to provide unrivaled access, analysis and insight to all motorsport fans across the world. We are looking forward to the road ahead.”

We await any further comment to questions raised about the senior management changes and the number of staff and freelance posts affected

My opinion ; usual marketing bullsh!!t to cover up " we ain't got any money"
This kind of cr@p statement need to be banned, just use plane English, for christ's sake, James Allen.

End of !!
Old 17 Sep 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3850958)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Oh balls!!
No Blancpain or V8SC on the box anymore then.

At least you can watch GT3 online but what about V8SC?
Old 17 Sep 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3851029)   #73
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
what about V8SC?
Paid official stream, about 40 Euros per season, and you can watch either live or at your own convenience (races are on VOD until the end of each year).
Old 18 Sep 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3851280)   #74
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Paid official stream, about 40 Euros per season, and you can watch either live or at your own convenience (races are on VOD until the end of each year).
Ah! Thankyou, i shall enquire....
Old 18 Sep 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3851303)   #75
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ah! Thankyou, i shall enquire....
It's available worldwide except Aus/NZ where the national TV deals override things. http://supercars.com/superview