Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Aug 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3842270)   #876
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to be a lot of assumption here that no-one has approached Jackson about a drive. It might well be that teams have approached him and either the finances didn't work or he simply decided that after the drama earlier in the year, he didn't want to do it...
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3842275)   #877
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So if Geddie is back, do you think we'll ever see Frank Wrathall again?
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3842277)   #878
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This obsession with Jackson is getting tiring now. He's clearly off doing the garden until the end of October.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3842278)   #879
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
This obsession with Jackson is getting tiring now. He's clearly off doing the garden until the end of October.
And unlike Hill - the lack of information being posted regarding the matter comes across as far more professional IMO.

I would imagine this makes him a more likely prospect for a seat next season than Hill (if he wants to return to the BTCC)?
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3842280)   #880
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Geddie had a drink, Wrathall killed someone; both bad errors of judgment, but I'd say the latter won't sit so well with sponsors. I would think it unlikely.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3842281)   #881
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldn't think there would be many sponsors who would want to be involved with him.

Not saying I agree with that point of view but people don't seem to forgive easily these days.

Geddie was lucky it wasn't worse but people only ever remember the outcomes not the might have beens.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3842282)   #882
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So are we still expecting a change at Hard before the weekend?
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3842284)   #883
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Wouldn't think there would be many sponsors who would want to be involved with him.

Not saying I agree with that point of view but people don't seem to forgive easily these days.

Geddie was lucky it wasn't worse but people only ever remember the outcomes not the might have beens.
Wratthal I think is too far gone, as you say not appealing to sponsors at all, speaking of which, as for Geddie remember also in 2014 the teams main sponsor was James Coles association with "DriveCool" which was a road safety campaign, which wouldnt sit too well when running a convicted drink driver, so I 100% get why they ushered him out quick and he fell off the radar
Old 8 Aug 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3842286)   #884
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I will call it now, running a team of the old Infiniti cars with Jake Hill
Infiniti? Art thou pulling legs? To be fair they're low mileage... would need RML suspension fitting, but in the hands of a competent engineer & driver they could run well...

I'm still wondering about the spare Subarus.

Just realised this ain't the silly season thread!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3842297)   #885
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He was sponsored by Dynojet U.K. which is his family's company.
While he made a huge mistake I don't know anybody who hasn't at some point done the same thing although without the circumstances leading to such an unfortunate result. Although I would never these days use a phone while driving (not even hands free) I have in the past when it wasn't illegal to do so, so I tend to think of it as fortunate for me not to have been in the same position.
I don't think he should be punished with a permanent end to his career although I think if he returned to racing it would be a nice gesture to be part of a road safety campaign and have it advertised on the car alongside the Dynojet sponsorship.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3842299)   #886
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Don't worry, he will be replaced by another name eventually. A couple of years ago and it would have been Paul O'Neill's name being spouted every time there was a seat to fill.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3842304)   #887
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
A couple of years ago and it would have been Paul O'Neill's name being spouted every time there was a seat to fill.
I can assure you, he still is!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3842305)   #888
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Don't worry, he will be replaced by another name eventually. A couple of years ago and it would have been Paul O'Neill's name being spouted every time there was a seat to fill.
never got the obsession with Paul O'Neill every time a seat comes up, even now!
but anyway Hill is the new Jackson now
Old 8 Aug 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3842310)   #889
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
He was sponsored by Dynojet U.K. which is his family's company.
Yes I know and it was much more than just sponsorship but the drives that are available at the moment all have existing sponsors and are multi-car teams so there will always be other sponsors to consider.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3842312)   #890
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geddie never stopped racing just not btcc, he has been busy win GT racing plus he has cash, with the north sea upturn his family business is doing better
Old 8 Aug 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3842314)   #891
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes I know and it was much more than just sponsorship but the drives that are available at the moment all have existing sponsors and are multi-car teams so there will always be other sponsors to consider.
The third Subaru seems to have been sponsorship in name only.

The third cars at Motorbase, WSR and Eurotech all run a different livery.

So the fact that the cars are multi-team is not an issue.

And then there's the continued speculation of a Speedworks expansion - which would match previous experience?
Old 8 Aug 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3842320)   #892
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
as for Geddie remember also in 2014 the teams main sponsor was James Coles association with "DriveCool" which was a road safety campaign, which wouldnt sit too well when running a convicted drink driver, so I 100% get why they ushered him out quick and he fell off the radar
How ironic - can't believe I never realised this...!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3842323)   #893
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ollie Pidgley announced for HARD. Can’t work out from he press release whether that’s in the Hill/Welch car or replacing someone else (Caine?)

Last edited by Robin Marriott; 8 Aug 2018 at 14:14.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3842328)   #894
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Ollie Pidgley announced for HARD. Can’t work out from he press release whether that’s in the Hill/Welch car or replacing someone else (Caine?)
from the official BTCC page it appears to be in place of Welch
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3842330)   #895
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
True
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3842336)   #896
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Yep, in that car for the rest of the season. Can't say I've watched Pidgley before but hopefully he can do a good job.

Still, another driver change doesn't look good for HARD.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3842340)   #897
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Yep, in that car for the rest of the season. Can't say I've watched Pidgley before but hopefully he can do a good job.
I've seen him race, quite promising to be fair. See what he makes of the motor, only Mike Bushell seems to have a handle on it IMO.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3842341)   #898
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Still, another driver change doesn't look good for HARD.
The only one for this meeting apparently. Been fairly static on the driver front by #HARD past seasons!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3842343)   #899
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
That's a shame.... couldn't Paul O'Neill, Mat Jackson or Jake Hill have had that ride
Old 8 Aug 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3842346)   #900
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That's a shame.... couldn't Paul O'Neill, Mat Jackson or Jake Hill have had that ride
Giovanardi?