Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3966566)   #976
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No doubt YouTube will have loads of videos to teach yourself cutting, but not so easy if you’re on your own......
But I heard someone suggest that "social" distancing included within a family.

So either very long arms required or I'll need to go and get the lawn edge trimmers out of the shed.

Could use a strimmer I suppose but I'm not sure H&S would approve.

I would guess that the "social distancing" thing might also be a hint about avoiding too much breeding related activity. A typical gestation period would probably put the most challenging part of the process right in the middle of the next wave of Covid-19 and the winter Flu season.

A few hours of power cuts are usually bad enough for breeding spikes. Imagine what a fortnight or a month of self-isolation might lead to.

That said there is a possibility that the murder rate could balance the breeding result numbers ...
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3966599)   #977
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Just like the fashions, presumably they will make a come-back!
Like the Supremes or Johny Halliday! Yeah, that, man… Do you remember this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdEn6GtUThY
or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiz7wHIDDTw
Too decadent!!!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3966605)   #978
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When my hair grows it makes me look like I should be in the back of a jam jar. There's a reason I've been wearing very short hair since I was about 15

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2020, 06:01 (Ref:3966655)   #979
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, lucky you! Our gov' invented again a new version of attestation de sortie. Everything is new, new format, new exceptions, new languages including bad french and good english, new, new, new… You should be able to download it via the official website.
What's not new is the page found, a famous Peugeot prod', 404!!!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3966681)   #980
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six-month extension for car, van & m/cycle MOTs due on or after 30th March just announced:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...-30-march-2020
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3966684)   #981
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Six-month extension for car, van & m/cycle MOTs due on or after 30th March just announced:

Yes, I've just heard about that... Our workshops are till open at the moment and MOT testing and the subsequent repairs are currently keeping us very busy. What worries me is that cars will now be driving around for a further six months with the current dangerous failures on them and doubtless have even more things go wrong before they need to be tested.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:30 (Ref:3966713)   #982
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
my glasses are rose-tinted today as well. Just heard that my heart condition is minor not serious and I have the all-clear for an international licence. I'll settle for October if my current plans stay unchanged - new historic weekend at Spa with Le Mans Bugatti the following weekend, and I've tickets to a Deep Purple gig in Lille on the way home :-)
Race of Remembrance in November should be OK too.
You know you'll need a C'rit Air sticker to drive in Lille? More emissions nonsense.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3966719)   #983
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post

Hmm. Had mine done yesterday along with the annual service.

I suspect the people need the business.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3966730)   #984
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, I've just heard about that... Our workshops are till open at the moment and MOT testing and the subsequent repairs are currently keeping us very busy. What worries me is that cars will now be driving around for a further six months with the current dangerous failures on them and doubtless have even more things go wrong before they need to be tested.
My wifes car is booked into the garage tomorrow - not for a service or MOT but because it's clearly in need of something fixing (horrific engine related vibration and gear changes awful going up the box) - possibly an engine mount? I'm going to give them a ring this afternoon just to check they're still open - if not that car is going to have to be parked up for the duration.

Given the state of some peoples cars I'd guess that the MOT is probably the only time it's ever looked at.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3966736)   #985
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Lets try and arrange something at the Bugatti in addition to your race. First question, how tall are you because atm my MX has a fixed seat… And the Capri is in need of some tlc. Rendez vous on the Bugatti Motors Cup thread, keep your glasses!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3966753)   #986
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That doesn't stop people having an MOT test does it? And I expect there's enough responsible drivers to keep your workshops open.

Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3966757)   #987
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That doesn't stop people having an MOT test does it? And I expect there's enough responsible drivers to keep your workshops open.

My first concern most certainly isn't keeping our workshops open, it is for safety reasons. You'd be surprised by how many vehicles we have in for MOT that knock & bang as you drive them into the workshop and we find broken springs, dangerously worn suspension joints, bald tyres etc and when we suggest they leave the car with us until we can carry out the relevant repairs to make the vehicle safe we're told they've 'got to have it back straight away because they need to ferry their kids here & there!'
These people are NOT responsible drivers...
Old 25 Mar 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3966771)   #988
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My first concern most certainly isn't keeping our workshops open, it is for safety reasons. You'd be surprised by how many vehicles we have in for MOT that knock & bang as you drive them into the workshop and we find broken springs, dangerously worn suspension joints, bald tyres etc and when we suggest they leave the car with us until we can carry out the relevant repairs to make the vehicle safe we're told they've 'got to have it back straight away because they need to ferry their kids here & there!'
These people are NOT responsible drivers...
Viv,, if I email you the details would you stick an MOT certificate in post for me. Thanks,

Baub,
Old 25 Mar 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3966772)   #989
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Viv,, if I email you the details would you stick an MOT certificate in post for me. Thanks,

Baub,
Not a problem Baub, just let me know how you'd like MOT spelling...
Old 25 Mar 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3966776)   #990
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not a problem Baub, just let me know how you'd like MOT spelling...
Er, I'll have to get back to you on that one...…..
Old 25 Mar 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3966779)   #991
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
I've just heard that to make up for the loss of live sports events to televise Sky are now planning to show The World Origami Championships this weekend. Apparently it's going to be on paper view...
Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3966794)   #992
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We are not allowed to postpone the MOT when needed this is listed as a priority. So far, because things and "the list" change rather quickly down here…
Old 25 Mar 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3966804)   #993
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We are not allowed to postpone the MOT when needed this is listed as a priority. So far, because things and "the list" change rather quickly down here…
I thought I read yesterday that there is a 3-month extension on CT's (MoT), Gerard.

Unfortunately I had one done three weeks ago & the other isn't due until April next year, so I cannot gain from that one.

I found the revised attestation form too, Gerard. That's another pine forest gone! I went shopping in Avesnes le Comte at lunchtime & was amused at the supermarket parking, where virtually everyone had parked in alternate places!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3966818)   #994
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be you're right John but as you know things change rather quickly in this matter. I've printed two forms, one for shopping one for walking the dogs and I write on them each time I go out for one purpose or another. This is not the way they want it to be used but in the other hand it allows police forces to trace you. Less paper used.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3966821)   #995
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be you're right John but as you know things change rather quickly in this matter. I've printed two forms, one for shopping one for walking the dogs and I write on them each time I go out for one purpose or another. This is not the way they want it to be used but in the other hand it allows police forces to trace you. Less paper used.
I have an elderly friend who has two little dogs like yours & she has simply written 'chaque jour' on her form as she says she is not killing more trees just for that!

I didn't see any gendarmes at all on my 24km round trip to the supermarket but it was lunchtime so they were probably sleeping off their bottle of red in the sun somewhere! Having visited the Avesnes gendarmerie I know how sleepy they can be!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3966823)   #996
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We have a lot of police out here, everyday and almost anytime. I'm not against that because I personally know infected people may be fifteen may be more. What's scary is that they dont live in the same area, have not at all the same way of live, some strictly follow the rules some dont. When you catch it you can't even say how and when.
I use a lot of paracetamol myself…*
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3966831)   #997
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You know you'll need a C'rit Air sticker to drive in Lille? More emissions nonsense.
I've read about this before, but didn't realise it went to Lille too. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3966836)   #998
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Delta's Twentea-Twentea Break

Just seeing the queue to get into my Asda’s going round to the pavement, I just shook my head. The only good thing was that they did seem to be keeping their distance from another
Old 26 Mar 2020, 05:58 (Ref:3966874)   #999
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks John, wasn't aware about Lille. A large and wonderful town counting many alcoholics for mayors! Ex, actual and probably future… VoilÃ*, c'est fait.
David more info here:
https://vignette-critair.com/vignett...-pour-etranger
Buuuut, have a look to the restricted area prior to headache. The concert will take place at Champ de Foire, I presume? May be you can go on with John in private…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:02 (Ref:3966875)   #1000
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Asda offers a good on-line service, so why take risks? Surprised to learn you have no Fauchon in your area? Suburbs of Manchester or Birmingham may be? Liverpool! Oh dear…