Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3874146)   #201
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
An opportunity for Mike & Delta to get their trucks out and be at the forefront of 'no deal' Brexit planning?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46758849
The big chief of Kent council races in Historic's I was told this morning.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3874147)   #202
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah, so race trucks will get preference at Dover, then!
Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3874150)   #203
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just back to work after taking Cooper Maserati to Southampton. Next stop Phillip Island. Only 21 days and I will be flying of to NZ. Look forward to meeting you E B.
Likewise Iain.... I must find an App with all the best local croissants in the PI area!

I think I have secured an invite to the Historic Touring Cars BBQ and beer evening in the paddock for you and party should you wish.... all I said was you were a famous (or did I say infamous? ) European driver who has raced at Monaco last year.....

Last edited by E.B; 5 Jan 2019 at 14:16. Reason: Spelt Iain's name wrong!
Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3874151)   #204
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Right -
First I would like a ...

Its the thought that counts.😁

I'd probably have one of a 512m 917 etc.Just love them cars the noise,looks,rarity,i could go on and on and on.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/miyf7ur91...aa5VKXqwa?dl=0

Probably not quite what you wanted Will, but a little more 'modern' than previous editions.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3874152)   #205
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Paul Carter is the Big Chief, this from the council web site;

Paul is married with three grown up children. He regularly competes in many aspects of motor sport, particularly in pre-war sports car racing, rallying and trialing.

Your informant was right Delta.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3874153)   #206
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Likewise Iain.... I must find an App with all the best local croissants in the PI area!

I think I have secured an invite to the Historic Touring Cars BBQ and beer evening in the paddock for you and party should you wish.... all I said was you were a famous (or did I say infamous? ) European driver who has raced at Monaco last year.....
Take care EB, Delta is likely to take over running the barbecue. He has previous in this area. Indeed quite famous for it!
Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3874156)   #207
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Brilliant. Thank you.Yes I think I will be remembered as that bloke that crashed in Monaco.Free BBQ it would of been worth it.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3874161)   #208
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Flushed with success, and universal praise (where is Mike Harte when you need him?) I am considering a Classic Car version. any suggestions as to content?

And a very Happy New Year to you too, Bob!

But a cracking job on the various versions of the calendars. And if you want to feature a proper Anglia on it's winning way at Snetterton (as my avatar), Richard Styles owns the copy-write.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3874163)   #209
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/miyf7ur91...aa5VKXqwa?dl=0

Probably not quite what you wanted Will, but a little more 'modern' than previous editions.
As a matter of fact I quite like it.
Modern GT3 I find are the only interesting modern racers (apart from LMP3 ).
That Morgan was insane
Like the Gallardo and AMG GT3.
Nice.
The favourite was the HUGE Bentley and the Mclaren 12c GT3.
Thanks for that.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3874166)   #210
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Paul Carter is the Big Chief, this from the council web site;

Paul is married with three grown up children. He regularly competes in many aspects of motor sport, particularly in pre-war sports car racing, rallying and trialing.

Well...I never knew that. I once sat next to him through a very boring seminar which could have been a much more interesting couple of hours had I known.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3874167)   #211
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sitting here with man flu, I dozed off on the sofa. I dreamt my MGB had been replaced in my garage by a blue DB9 Vantage. Should I phone home Just in case?
Old 5 Jan 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3874169)   #212
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I must find an App with all the best local croissants in the PI area!
May I suggest Lune Croissanterie, Agathé Pâtisserie or Noisette may be? While you are here, E.B, take care if Delta asks for a "Grommet", rubber is recommended…
Old 5 Jan 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3874172)   #213
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sitting here with man flu, I dozed off on the sofa. I dreamt my MGB had been replaced in my garage by a blue DB9 Vantage. Should I phone home Just in case?
Definitely! I wonder which car I’d replace in a dream, and what by........
Old 5 Jan 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3874174)   #214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I wonder which car I’d replace in a dream, and what by.
What about replacing our birth date first?
Old 5 Jan 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3874177)   #215
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Then we could go for a pair of 935. Have you any paint left from your E....t? I'll go for the Blue/yellow Daytona '82 or may be the Hawaiian Tropic livery with the grid girls. Hesitating… must order the differential first!
Old 5 Jan 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3874184)   #216
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
935? For me the 911 sweet spot is the 1974 RSR- Some superb sponsorship liveries as well! 2 of my favourites are the Toblerone and the Cafe Mexicano ones that I keep seeing in CER- I’d happily own either of them.... (Google either for pics )
Old 5 Jan 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3874193)   #217
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
935? For me the 911 sweet spot is the 1974 RSR- Some superb sponsorship liveries as well! 2 of my favourites are the Toblerone and the Cafe Mexicano ones that I keep seeing in CER- I’d happily own either of them.... (Google either for pics )
Watched a onboard of a 911 at Dijon and Spa this year for CER1 battling with a Tobelerone 911 and a red one aswell.Very good looking cars.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3874228)   #218
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, totally agreed about those two liveries, my favorite too. No discussion about that. But! I won't go for this RSR even though I had the opportunity to share Jean Louis Chateau's during a catastrophic '75 season but much rather a 2.8 one. I remember the effect the 2.8 RSR produced on me, driver was Dominique Thiry, place Montlhéry, year was errr… probably be '74, no sticker, color something like aubergine for a Capri if you see what I mean. You know those moments when earth seems to stop is revolution?

To me the 935 represents the power, the supremacy, the quest for ultimate performance with absolutely no compromise, in one word b....cks. Some have, some dont. No alternative. And the works first models are typical from the brand, no attention paid to arrangement. Did you ever detail a 908 or 910 "dash board", a real mess! Do you remember how they use to check the chassis weldings, rather prone to break?
Old 6 Jan 2019, 05:52 (Ref:3874230)   #219
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, we're on the "I had a dream" mode and my respect, passion and love for the 935 are blinding. Blinding but not deafening so I'd go for a magic mermaid, a 670. Being a "how dog" I do know there is room for long legs. Only after I'll visit Naples again…
Old 6 Jan 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3874231)   #220
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This might sound funny but I have no interest at all in having a nice road car . Guess I would dream of a new truck but then I would still keep my trusty Delta truck . Hey Max are you on the mend ?
Old 6 Jan 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3874232)   #221
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyway watching BBC news there is a new hot chic presenting along with Harry Potter 😀
Old 6 Jan 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3874233)   #222
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm with you on the road car front Iain. I try to keep something tidy, but someday I need to carry an engine, or wheels or whatever. I start off with good intentions "wheels must always be in a bag" but like all resolutions they fall by the wayside. So I need a shed.

A Mike-esque lorry now that is a dream! And someone to wash it. . ....

Getting better thanks. Back to work anyhow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jan 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3874234)   #223
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone else had the latest edition of Motor Sport? Hints of big changes, various writers signing off. No Dickie Meadon this month either. I suppose we'll find out in good time, I just hope it doesn't go red again! To my mind the last few years have been a golden period.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jan 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3874235)   #224
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm with Delta and Midgetman, a posh road car is a waste of car and money the roads are so bad and busy. My old Subaru Legacy does everything very well, looks respectable even after 14 years and 161k miles, when it dies I may just get a scimitar!

As for competition . . . Still waiting for a go in a Talbot ;-), have a soft spot for Harrington Alpines, and mk1 Crapis! A sierra cosworth, and a Miriad of 50's/60's smaller lightweight Italian things, assuming I could get in them . . .
Old 6 Jan 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3874238)   #225
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Midget may be I found something you could use both as a daily and a race car. The best of both worlds, definitely! The rear "rack" will happily collect your spare wheels:
https://fr.motor1.com/news/283549/po...guee-a-vendre/

I just learned the German intend to build 77 continuations, evocations, look alike, replicas of the 935. I'll go for a die cast model…

Zef, a Talbot?? I can tell you I made the BLT on the original Charade track during a race in June 1984. Lap time was 4'06"23, ave' speed 117,767 kph. The great Chris Amon did "only" 2'53"4 and 166,751 kph…
What Talbot was mine? A Samba… why asking!