Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Apr 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2452357)   #1
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regs for French events - GPAO Dijon for example

Re; my earlier post regarding events in Italy ... Italy has just got too difficult, not least because no-one from the events returns any e'mail, nor can i raise them by telephone, although to be honest I've given up after just a few attempts, because my wife thinks I should spend less time away having fun without the family!

So I'm now working on a new plan, which keeps me out of the UK for a shorter time, and am considering running at GPAO Dijon, race that seems most appropriate for the TR5 appears to be ASAVE 2. Is anyone else planning to run in that, or has done so in the past? I've read through the regs, and the car seems fine as long as App. K compliant, even have free choice of tyres. But my major concern is related to noise, I see from regs (and have cross-referenced with the FFSA regs) that the noise limit is 100db - well my car is usually coming out about 102-3dbs when measured at UK circuits, so it becomes very relevant to find out whether the measurements are taken in the same way in France. I can find reference in the FFSA website to a booklet about Noise measurement, but I cannot find the booklet.

Surely someone will have some recent french experience in this regard that they can share with me??

I may also run the ASAVE race at Charade in September if they seem a nice bunch!!

James
Old 29 Apr 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2452368)   #2
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did this event last year in a couple of races. I'm pretty sure there was no noise testing. But email Patrick Quinnou who runs the show and he will tell you. Great guy and very helpful. I think he also has other races there that may be more appropriate - a GT and sports car race.

Here is the English bit of his recent email:

We are happy to announce a new series
for pre 63 Sportscars and pre 66 Gts. Two events this year
Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, June 19,20 & 21, Dijon Prenois
Grand Prix Historique de Provence, October 30,31& November 1, Paul Ricard circuit
For more informations visit our website http://www.gpao.fr/en/series/sc---gt-challenge.html

Patrick Quiniou
GPAO
8, av. de Condé - F77500 Chelles
+33 1 70 00 04 04
+33 6 07 98 21 86
www.gpao.fr
g.p.a.o@orange.fr
Old 29 Apr 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2452444)   #3
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Roger, I'll drop him a note. Unfortunately my 1968 TR5 being Period G is not eligible for the other race you mention, as far as I can see leaving me with only the ASAVE race on the programme, for which my car would be eligible.

James
Old 30 Apr 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2452612)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've not been to Dijon for a few years so Rogers probably got a more up to date take on affairs but when we did it went like this

Bonjour Monsieur, (bad accent I know) . . presents car and hands over HTP

Scrutineer: Ahh un 'Je Te'

Moi: Oui, not Lotus!

Sc: tres bon (lights goulois in scrutineering bay, honestly!)

he looked at belts for date, and extinguisher . . .very naace, slaps big Dijon sticker on the door, job done.

Its still the only time anyones ever asked and/or looked at my HTP
Old 30 Apr 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2452618)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your French has improved Zef Last time I did Dijon I shared a TR4,only problem at Scrutineering was the Fuel Tank Box had no window for the date stamp.We stripped it all out to show the the Tank was in date in front of the Scrut who was quite happy to be standing next to a boot full of spilt fuel,with his Gauloise.Perhaps it was the same guy.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2452636)   #6
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year was slightly different if you owned an English built car running in GTSCC, especially a fast one like an E-type! But generally, yes, they are pretty laid back to say the least!

It is a fantastic circuit and the entrance to the pit straight is now a lot safer than it was a couple of years ago.

We've been the last few years and it was fantastic.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2452647)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
it is a fantastic circuit, I seem to remember a lot of oil on the uphill onto the start finish, and pit entry, which was a tight right left, I had a massive lock up and had to reverse to get in the pits, apparently several people did the same and a few had to do another lap having totally overshot the entry.

have they 'eased' the entry now ? I'd still like to go but as always its a question of time and money!
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2452653)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there at the end of last year guesting with Trophee Lotus, and the the scrutineering was as laid-back & French as ever.

The pit entry is still very tight - its the final corner which has been eased - there's a big tarmac runoff around the outside with just a patch of grasscrete at the exit kerb. Must have been scary/fun before...
Old 30 Apr 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2453100)   #9
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
The pit entry is still very tight - its the final corner which has been eased - there's a big tarmac runoff around the outside with just a patch of grasscrete at the exit kerb. Must have been scary/fun before...
Just scary actually! It is a very fast corner as you want to maximise speed onto the straight. It seemed very unforgiving with the wall on the left being alarmingly close.

The marshalls penalise anyone who runs wide on the grass-crete as it clearly a place to push now. A bit like the exit of Eau Rouge. 2 wheel rule etc.