Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:02 (Ref:134484)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Chrysler were to win Le Mans, whose anthem do they play?

American car company and engine ("alligned" with Germans), chassis from Italy, and a French team.

Considering the victory is usually considered for a make over a team (ie most people consider the 69 Le Mans a victory for an American mark, Ford,) would it be Chrsyler?

I don't know. For that matter, do you think they are in with a shot next year? The car didn't do too badly this year when it was running...
Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:30 (Ref:134509)   #2
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None, one would hope... sport is overburdened with Nationalism and any opportunity to reduce it would be welcome.

As for poor Chrysler... they bought out Simca and found they had a model with a Ford V8... they bought out Rootes and found they had a model with a Ford V8... Walter would have done things differently!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:30 (Ref:134552)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would think it would be french as it is a french team, but who knows?

i think they have a good shot, again, IF they decide to run some more races and develop it. taking it out just for the petit le mans, sebring, and le mans, does not do any good, gotta get the bugs worked out over the entire season. but they do have the speed and backing, they just need to commit
Old 23 Aug 2001, 04:17 (Ref:134632)   #4
elan
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA
elan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know Oreca knows how ro prepare cars and win. I'm sure they would love to be racing. Thought for sure they would be running some of the remaining ALMS races. Have seen nothing about them on any website or magazine since LeMans. Only rumors.Heard one had been sold to Doran. Just like Cadillac and Corvette last year. The factory was not comitted to a full season.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 11:26 (Ref:134789)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chrysler was the friendlies team at Le Mans - they offered us everything but the keys to take it out for a spin - unlike Corvette who kept a wall between us and them both at Le Mans and at the ALMS and who make sure their pilots are nowhere near the fans. I think they deserve to move right up to the top!

As to what anthem they should play, why not both French and USA? That's the way they do it in F1. But likely it would only be USA as they only play the German anthem when Audi wins.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 23:13 (Ref:135153)   #6
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

One thing i'd like to know. If Chysler want to win Le Mans, why do their cars so rarely compete. The only times they have raced this season are at Donnington and Le Mans. Surely they should race constantly so they can tweak the car and see how they perform compared to the Audis and Panoz.