Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1468268)   #1
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Squadra Toro Rosso renamed Scuderia Toro Rosso

This has just been announced on BBC Sport.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1468279)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
This has just been announced on BBC Sport.
They are a little late. here.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1468286)   #3
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D'oh! Sorry, thought i had breaking new there! Mods delete or merge this thread if needed.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1468432)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hasn't got it's own thread though. The name is a marginal improvement!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 02:14 (Ref:1468958)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I have to say I think the name is just not very good..
Old 24 Nov 2005, 04:30 (Ref:1469001)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Past teams named Scuderia havn't faired to well, have they? Scuderia Italia?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 04:34 (Ref:1469002)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
At least that had a ring to it though Hazza! I think Ferrari when I hear Scuderia which means speed in Italian I believe?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1469040)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scuderia means stable
Old 24 Nov 2005, 06:46 (Ref:1469046)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Past teams named Scuderia havn't faired to well, have they? Scuderia Italia?
there is this team.. called scuderia ferrari.. im not sure if uve heard of them, but they are quite successful.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 07:39 (Ref:1469073)   #10
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
there is this team.. called scuderia ferrari.. im not sure if uve heard of them, but they are quite successful.
Not anymore they aren't
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1469142)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Scuderia means stable

Oop's....
Old 24 Nov 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1469212)   #12
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Scuderia means stable
Do Bulls live in stables?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1469269)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Scuderia means stable
I think it means "team" or "equipe" in his modern form. Its meaning comes from coat of arms or something from ancient times. I think Inigo would tell us better.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1469273)   #14
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Scutum = Latin for shield (cf "scudetto" - the little shield the Italian champs have on their shirts). So by analogy an army of some description.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1469349)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think they both mean the same thing-"Team"- Squadra is however more readily applied to a group of individuals,such as a soccer team (squad),and so the name was changed.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1469356)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scuderia is a traditional appelation for Italian motor racing teams, ie Scuderia Centro Sud, and today is used by a rather successful British team 'Scuderia Ecosse' who race Ferraris. 'Scuderia' is Italian and 'Eccose' is French for Scotland, tust the Jocks to get confused.
Anyway a lot of posts seem to be a laod of toro to me.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1469374)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
Anyway a lot of posts seem to be a laod of toro to me.
Uhn ??

Anyway, it doesn't make real difference one word for another. Only that Scuderia fits better to motorsport.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1469392)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Uhn ??
He means a load of bull (toro).

Anyway, it's the Toro Rosso bit I'm not sure about.

I mean, Red Bull in Italy is still sold as Red Bull. To translate it just looks a bit odd in my view.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1469396)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a purely symbolic namechange, just to identify the team with its Italian roots.
It doesn't have to make sense, they could even change the name into Der Team Wienerschnitzel and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1469397)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
He means a load of bull (toro).
Thanks for the translation, I turned off my italian side today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Anyway, it's the Toro Rosso bit I'm not sure about.

I mean, Red Bull in Italy is still sold as Red Bull. To translate it just looks a bit odd in my view.
Finally, someone answers and agree with me after my questioning in some other threads ages ago !!!!! THAT'S a load of toro's bits...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1469441)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, STR it remains for me, :-).

It is all good.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1469621)   #22
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
would anyone like to make a mock-up livary for this new team ... ?