Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3271169)   #3676
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
http://mariantic.co.uk/lmp/ is back! It shows an overview of the (rumored) LMP1/2 manufacturers for next year!
Thanks for the heads up. I always liked the Mariantic site, good concise information.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3271195)   #3677
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very useful
Old 28 Jun 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3271233)   #3678
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During the live Le Mans coverage on Dutch TV, Jan Lammers said that he's working on an GTE entry for next year. Together with other Dutch drivers, some ex-F1 drivers. But nothing is certain yet.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3271249)   #3679
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
During the live Le Mans coverage on Dutch TV, Jan Lammers said that he's working on an GTE entry for next year. Together with other Dutch drivers, some ex-F1 drivers. But nothing is certain yet.
I've heard(as i was in Le Mans, so not seen/heard by myself) they also said on Dutch TV that Spyker will return next year, 1+1=2?

Ex-F1 drivers? Verstappen, Albers, Doornbos and Lammers himself?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3271264)   #3680
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some ex-F1 drivers. Not all. I think it will be in a Porsche in GTE-am with Paul van Splunteren.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3271299)   #3681
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Isn't that just. Dead weight then?
Exactly. The batteries could be much smaller. Especially as battery technology improves. Which due to LMP1, F1 and FE it most certainly will. There is the potential for great progression in the not too distant future.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3271320)   #3682
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
I've heard(as i was in Le Mans, so not seen/heard by myself) they also said on Dutch TV that Spyker will return next year, 1+1=2?
Seems like our friends at Spyker have a financial mountain to overcome but fingers crossed they can make the rumoured return. Would be great - although perhaps slightly ill-advised with the GT regs in flux.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3271756)   #3683
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by some other forum
Sky Sport Italy reporting rumors from the F1 paddock regarding a possible interest by Ferrari to join WEC in a prototype class.
Is it mentioned somewhere here? http://sport.sky.it/sport/formula1/home.html

And is this just the Russian team (?) + 458 engine @ P2 thing?
Old 30 Jun 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3272060)   #3684
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche vs. Ferrari for LeMans overall is the stuff of dreams. And until I actually see it that's what it will remain.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3272077)   #3685
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Some ex-F1 drivers. Not all. I think it will be in a Porsche in GTE-am with Paul van Splunteren.
Together with Van Splunteren makes sense.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3272081)   #3686
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I don't think Ferrari will ever happen. They will not quit F1 and doing F1 + LMP1 simultaneously is pretty much impossible.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3272084)   #3687
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I don't think Ferrari will ever happen. They will not quit F1 and doing F1 + LMP1 simultaneously is pretty much impossible.
Not impossible, just extremely unrealistic .
However, IF (and I don't hope that we do), get shared Chassis and Engines, it is possible.

Maserati is another case however with the new Ghibli needing marketing.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3272141)   #3688
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Before the financial crisis a few years back that was Toyota's intentions. Then Akio Toyoda took over.

Last edited by TF110; 30 Jun 2013 at 22:48.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3272282)   #3689
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it's doable for anyone than it's Ferrari. But I'm not even going to entertain the thought. I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with it quite frankly my head might explode.

A P2 engine has been long mooted so let's get that one ticked off.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3272469)   #3690
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be a dream coming true. Ferrari vs Porsche battling for the lead for 24 hours.
But I'm sure that won't happen. Ferrari to F1 is what Porsche is to Endurance. So unless a sudden turn of events occurs, I don't think we will see Ferrari in LMP1 in the near future.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3272484)   #3691
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
That would be a dream coming true. Ferrari vs Porsche battling for the lead for 24 hours.
But I'm sure that won't happen. Ferrari to F1 is what Porsche is to Endurance. So unless a sudden turn of events occurs, I don't think we will see Ferrari in LMP1 in the near future.
That's what a lot of people said in the early 90s before the 333SP was designed and raced. Fiat is a huge corporation and if they see a benefit in it, they will do it. They could always use the Alfa Romeo or Maserati brand if not Ferrari. I would agree that is not very likely but never say never.

DK
Old 1 Jul 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3272517)   #3692
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be even more excited with Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.

Despite improving their cars drastically on the road since the turn of the millennium (my parents have earned 4 or 5 and all have been extremely well behaved), but they STILL can not shake off the unfair reputation they once deserved.

Winning a 24 hour race with a hybrid prototype would do the company a world of good IMO. Alfa will never be a full-blown manufacturing giant but it can always appeal to anyone with half an interest in cars....you have 250,000 potential Alfa customers at LM.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3272519)   #3693
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, under di Montezemelo - the Fiat group have cut back on their Motorsport programmes - apart from F1/ Ferrari.

Alfa-Romeo, Lancia et al no longer in any meaningful series....

Would love to see any of them with a LMP1 car..... but I think that's fantasy.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3272606)   #3694
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Sadly, under di Montezemelo - the Fiat group have cut back on their Motorsport programmes - apart from F1/ Ferrari.
They just started a GTE program with the Viper last year.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3272664)   #3695
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are still developing those lovely red 458 GTE's
Old 2 Jul 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3272726)   #3696
TRuss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
They are still developing those lovely red 458 GTE's
Completely in house from here on out.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3272733)   #3697
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'd be even more excited with Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.

Despite improving their cars drastically on the road since the turn of the millennium (my parents have earned 4 or 5 and all have been extremely well behaved), but they STILL can not shake off the unfair reputation they once deserved.
My 1977 sedan never stranded me in over 100,000 miles, which was more than my parents could say of the Jeep they had at the same time.

OK, I admit to changing the rear fuel filter by the side of the road twice & the ignition switch died in my driveway, but it always got me home.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3273333)   #3698
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a sketch but....

Nissan LMP1

https://www.facebook.com/peter.aliasguy?fref=ts
Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3273355)   #3699
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I think in future those ^ would be better here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=137558&page=1
Old 9 Jul 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3276098)   #3700
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Porsche/Penske. Honda/Ganassi. A new breakaway American series?

Lots to digest in this DSC rumours piece. https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=9912