Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2020, 12:15 (Ref:4017440)   #196
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Not like in the good old days of Schumacher, Piquet, Gachot etc.
I think I missed something. Someone once did a bad thing, therefore it justifies Maxs strops. Seems like there's plenty of personality on the grid that doesn't involve Max. Lets be careful not to mix up "having a personality" with "having a bad attitude".

Maybe we should compare Max to Gachot more often.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4017441)   #197
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think I missed something. Someone once did a bad thing, therefore it justifies Maxs strops. Seems like there's plenty of personality on the grid that doesn't involve Max. Lets be careful not to mix up "having a personality" with "having a bad attitude".

Maybe we should compare Max to Gachot more often.
Quote:
They just aren't the sort of character who'll attack another driver in a garage.
Max once did a bad thing, and it is OK for you to bring this up on this thread. The others I mentioned also once did a bad thing, but it is not OK for me to point this out?

Max was understandably grumpy because he missed out on what he saw as an opportunity to set pole and potentially win. He did nothing more than a slightly amusing sulk. I can see characteristics in him that I personally don't really like, but which are mirrored in many other drivers who went on to be legends in the sport. If you want to see a bad loser, then many multiple F1 WDCs were really bad losers.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4017442)   #198
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Max is in his sixth season of F1.

How much more time should we give Max?

Of course he will go on to win races, but he is not World Champion material - at least not yet.

He continues to remind me of Andrea deCesaris, fast but seemingly unable to control his emotions and learn from mistakes, but Max has the luxury of being in a car that is capable of winning on some days.
I found some interesting stats for the late Andrea de Cesaris. He drove for 10 different teams, entered 214 Grands Prix, started 208, which is the most Grand Prix starts without a win, as well as having the most DNFs, 136. He also holds the record for the most consecutive DNFs, 18 from the 1985 French GP to the 1986 Portuguese GP and the most consecutive DNFs in a single season, 12 in 1987 from Manaco - Japan.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 12:40 (Ref:4017443)   #199
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Max once did a bad thing, and it is OK for you to bring this up on this thread. The others I mentioned also once did a bad thing, but it is not OK for me to point this out?
I'm lost. You said someone will complain drivers don't have character. I said you can have personality without a bad attitude. So then we listed drivers who had similar bad attitudes before?

I dunno. I don't understand the point and I think we'll bore people if we keep going so I'll sum up my position:

Max has a ridiculously bad attitude, with an arrogance level so high that he continues to lack the ability to learn from his mistakes, because in his eyes he doesn't make any. He has a driving ability that is possibly up there with Lewis, but lacks the maturity to harness this effectively. We continue to hear about his "wet weather master class" as goes backwards off the circuit, 40 seconds behind Lewis. We continue to hear about how Max will "learn from this" as he gets into stupid Free Practice incidents that he doesn't need to be involved with. And we keep hearing about how he'll mature eventually - 5 years into his time in F1.

Max is his father, but with considerably more driving ability. Turkey was a peak example of it.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:03 (Ref:4017447)   #200
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think the point was that the previous actions of others aren’t an excuse. Poor show from all.

I agree that it would be nice for Max to grow up a bit and lose the bad attitude.

However, there aren’t many drivers I’d have in my team over him.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 14:28 (Ref:4017459)   #201
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Looking forward to the next Max Wet Weather Masterclass. This one was a treat.
Im actually really looking forward to seeing that.

Maybe he finds his touch again maybe he doesnt. He had it in brazil a few years back so where did it go? What happened to him this weekend?

Skill and emotion in highly charged situations. A teenager becoming a man. Will that man be the same as his father or can he be more?

Does it get more existential then a race car driver fighting some unseen foe from the cockpit of a rain soaked car?

We all have our own reasons to watch though.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 16:05 (Ref:4017471)   #202
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Max is excellent in the wet (hardly controversial) and is possiby catching a bit much flack in here, but the Brazil 2016 drive has to be one of the most bizarrely worshipped things I have ever seen. It wasn't even close to being the best drive of that day but seems to be held up as Donington 1993 mixed with Barcelona 1996 and seasoned with a sprinkling of Silverstone 2008. I don't get it.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 16:22 (Ref:4017472)   #203
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
yeah memories can be funny like that.

his age, first year with RB so at the time it seemed like a sign of things to come, got more praise then it should have, and the 'legend' grew from there?

that said, he made up a lot of places at the end to get that podium so it was special if not legendary.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 16:44 (Ref:4017474)   #204
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would guess that next time it rains Max will do well

On the topic of this thread he had an off weekend. Overall you wouldn’t bet against him.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 16:59 (Ref:4017477)   #205
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that rain from the skies or tears from his eyes?

Time to 'man up' Max.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:03 (Ref:4017479)   #206
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I would guess that next time it rains Max will do well

On the topic of this thread he had an off weekend. Overall you wouldn’t bet against him.
Yep, I'd go with that.....
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4017486)   #207
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to have been a setup error with the left side of the front wing beeing lower than the right side on Max his car

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/inzoo...-te-zien/#!jig[1]/ML/239049
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:36 (Ref:4017489)   #208
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Wonder what made them make that mistake? I guess they just forgot to check everything
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:42 (Ref:4017491)   #209
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder what made them make that mistake? I guess they just forgot to check everything
according to Marko the new wing they brought has the thread on the adjustment going the other way.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/72859...ront-wing.html
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4017494)   #210
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Those pesky wing adjustments.
Quite.