Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:51 (Ref:618449)   #1
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyla Breese

Someone give the guy a drive pleeeease!
Sorry but I think he is sooo great.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:619015)   #2
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you're right tho, the guy is very talented and doesn't deserve to be out of the limelight so much! Whats he upto now anyway?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 11:58 (Ref:619069)   #3
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he's just waiting for news I think of sponsors or possible drives for this year.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 13:45 (Ref:619178)   #4
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They aren't any rides in the BTCC this year. The last one filling the spot was Gaerth Howell joining GA Motorsport. Hmmm, what about an Edenbridge BMW team?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:26 (Ref:619288)   #5
maplex
Rookie

maplex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimeth
Whats he upto now anyway?
He is Test and Development driver for Team Varta.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:44 (Ref:619317)   #6
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was part of the team's original plans to be run alongside JE Jnr this year. When his sponsorship plans went wrong, Tom Boardman was signed instead.

Breese could maybe race in a third Varta car if he can get funding. It wouldn't be a 307 though, possibly the old Honda Accord or Boardman's old "pink" 306!! Still though, better than not racing.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:47 (Ref:619321)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did he not finish last season on minus points, poor guy?

I think by not driving, he will get more than last year!!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 16:35 (Ref:619383)   #8
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As ATF said if he can get funding together we might see him back with Team Varta. Knowing John Batchelor he'll try something to get him on track in a third car.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 16:49 (Ref:619397)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yea, thanks to all those engine changes he became the first driver ever to score minus points in a major championship (as far as I know). It's such rough justice because he's obviously a capable driver. Maybe he will get a chance in a different car to the 307, but sadly people who see racing from the outside may see him off the pace of Tom and Jim, and not realise that the car is playing a part.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 16:52 (Ref:619399)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy - yep - minus 16 as far as I know. Luck was real rotten to him last year. I'm sure Team Varta and Hyla will be trying their hardest to get some funding together because that Honda will soon be free soon.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 17:33 (Ref:619438)   #11
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyla is alright, but I think that there are far greater drivers out there which are unemployed, and anyway as far as I can see he has a reasonable chance of reaching the BTCC before the end of the season.

The fact is I'd rather see a car go to Harrisson, Graves, Luby, Fullalove, Buxton ....

Last edited by Reido Rules; 3 Jun 2003 at 17:37.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 17:45 (Ref:619457)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Agree with you there Reido. Hyla is a nice guy and a good driver but he wouldn't be at the top of my most wanted list. I can think of a number of drivers, not all of which have already been in the BTCC, who I are more deserving of a shot.

Personally I doubt we'll see him back in the BTCC this year. No inside info, just don't see it happening.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:35 (Ref:619524)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe if his team had given him a car that could last more than five minutes people's opinion of him would be higher? His time in the car was a farce IMHO and he'd have been better off on the sidelines in terms of his career.

Thankfully his reputation 'in the industry' remains high and there are a lot of people who would like to run him - it always come down to money though, doesn't it? Same reason I think he is exceedingly unlikely to drive for Varta this year.

Wonder how things would be now if he could have afforded the Egg drive he was offered last year...? Hey ho - that's the way this business works and there's no point being bitter about it.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 20:19 (Ref:619627)   #14
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if not Hyla, who will drive the third Varta car? (And my source says it's a question of when, not if)...
Old 3 Jun 2003, 20:32 (Ref:619646)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you...

All will become apparent soon from what I'm told.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:19 (Ref:619697)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't it John's policy that he finds the sponsorship needed, and the drivers are picked - unlike everybody else they don't have to rob the local bank to pay for a season or did I get the wrong end of the stick last year?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:20 (Ref:619699)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That is something you'd have to ask John himself - I couldn't comment on how he recruits his drivers.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:54 (Ref:619732)   #18
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I'm sure I read it somewhere at some point last year, don't know where now..
Old 4 Jun 2003, 04:48 (Ref:620023)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
It's very possible you did read it last year...
Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:13 (Ref:621096)   #20
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to check who posted that "but then I'd have to shoot you" post a couple of times....i thought it should have been me old mate Les. Keep up the good work and keep taking the tablets Craig.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:04 (Ref:621747)   #21
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever happens it will be nice to see more cars on the Production grid.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 5 Jun 2003, 22:33 (Ref:622361)   #22
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G'day!!

G'day to you all! Long time no see or speak. Many thanks to those of you with well wishes, much appreciated. It's tough this year, tougher than any other year. There are a lot of good drivers without drives, unable to find funding at all. Myself being one of them. Yes it is correct, last year John wanted it so that his drivers didn't bring budgets. I didn't bring a budget last year for the few races I did. The car was very unreliable and unfortunately from the outside it looks bad on me.
Those that "know" in the industry are well aware of my abilities and because of that, have some fantastic teams contacting me. Drives in FIA Sportscars, BTCC, Brit GT's, FIA GT's have all been forthcoming but the dreaded funding is just near un obtainable in this economic climate by drivers or teams.

My title with Team Varta is Test driver but as there is no testing other than on race weekends, I'm doing nothing.
I'm not contracted to Team Varta and so am also looking for other drives on top of what John says he can or can't do for me.

I hope you are all enjoying your motorsport, it's great as a driver to know that there is such a large global following whether supporting a particular driver or not. If it weren’t for you guys there wouldn't be any motorsport at the top level.
I hope to be visiting a BTCC meeting sometime this year and so hope to see you then.

Until then, ave a good one!!.

HYLA BREESE

PS: Skippy and Dano say G'day also!! Unfortunately they are living in a bin bag and have not seen the light of day since Donington last year.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 09:41 (Ref:622689)   #23
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyla,

Was just talking about you the other day, JK send his regards ......

Maxx
Old 7 Jul 2003, 08:02 (Ref:654481)   #24
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyla's fine website seems to have dissapeared :-(
Old 11 Jul 2003, 08:21 (Ref:658570)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Works for me...? :confused: