Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4190333)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 2024 Rendezvous

Happy New Year.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 09:10 (Ref:4190483)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To one and all:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy-New-Year-2017-Messages-Quotes-1024x750.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	78493
Old 1 Jan 2024, 09:19 (Ref:4190486)   #3
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and a Happy New Year to one and (nearly) all here!

Resolutions?
Old 1 Jan 2024, 10:47 (Ref:4190494)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this the 2024 T Break or just a "happy new year" thread?

Edit: Just kept my first resolution, to proof read my posts and managed to correct a capital letter error.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4190495)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is this the 2024 T Break or just a "happy new year" thread?
I think it's for Gerard to have a thread with a (partly) French title?
Old 1 Jan 2024, 11:05 (Ref:4190496)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was suggested by Iain.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 11:11 (Ref:4190497)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And no mention of crossants?
Old 1 Jan 2024, 11:54 (Ref:4190500)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A pretty good suggestion, to be fair, especially given the recent discussion of *that* film.

Old 1 Jan 2024, 12:06 (Ref:4190501)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It was also the name of a Cafe in the Fulham Palace Road, when I was a lad.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 13:32 (Ref:4190507)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thought of checking if Peter had unlocked the thread when I emerged from Jools' Hootenanny this morning, but thought that might seem a little needy

However Happy New Year to all, and may we all enjoy a further year of ramblings, inanities and erudition
Old 1 Jan 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4190513)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

Did you enjoy Hootenanny? I saw Jules live with his R&B band in December, and it was exactly the same format. Really enjoyed the live show as well as the TV one.

Old 1 Jan 2024, 14:59 (Ref:4190517)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'We've been showing the same Hootenanny for 17 years and you haven't noticed, BBC confirms'
Old 2 Jan 2024, 02:10 (Ref:4190562)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
That probably explains why Jools never looks any older......

I do enjoy it, a good format and a good range of guest artists...and they do all seem to enjoy it too
Old 2 Jan 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4190615)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
This sign was a bit worrying this afternoon on our way home from Cornwall. We were not sure what to expect but turned out to be someone reversing back up hard shoulder.First time for everything. Very poor photo. sign says oncoming vehicle.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oncoming vehicle sign M4..jpg
Views:	22
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	78552
Old 2 Jan 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4190617)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
This sign was a bit worrying this afternoon on our way home from Cornwall. We were not sure what to expect but turned out to be someone reversing back up hard shoulder.First time for everything. Very poor photo. sign says oncoming vehicle.
Attachment 78552
Who's hogging the middle lane then?
Old 2 Jan 2024, 21:47 (Ref:4190629)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Master Delta . With Mrs Delta being back seat passenger . Grrrrrrrr
Old 3 Jan 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4190653)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 78552
And before someone (you know who I mean), it wasn't me deciding to go back!
Old 3 Jan 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4190660)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
And before someone (you know who I mean), it wasn't me deciding to go back!
I have no idea what you are on about!
Old 3 Jan 2024, 14:44 (Ref:4190672)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Anybody recall the three VHS video set of the History of Motor Racing by Shell? I have the vids but would like to replace them with dvds. Any ideas? Duke doesn't list them.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 14:52 (Ref:4190674)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You mean this? https://www.formulaonestuff.com/shel...acing_145.html
€ 125 AUD.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4190679)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That looks like it. Thanks.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4190701)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
If you have the videos, why not get them burnt onto DVDs? Plenty of people can do this As I have a dual drive VHS/DVD machine I keep meaning to do some of my old VHS tapes, but its so long since I used the machine its probably seized up, now
Old 3 Jan 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4190703)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I looked at that but it's £30 for the first and £20 for each following DVD.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 20:13 (Ref:4190709)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Peter, I have just come across this clip on U Tube, a V16 BRM in the wet on public roads, Stirling Moss driving in 1953.
If you have not already seen it, I am sure you will love it.
Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umO3iqac_4c
Old 3 Jan 2024, 20:47 (Ref:4190713)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I haven't seen that before, thanks Bob.