Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:10 (Ref:446940)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
End of the Road for Reynard in CART?

Patric Racing's descion to go with a new lola chasis in 2003 could spell the end for Reynard in CART. With the collapse of Reynard this year it will mean only 1 Reynard built car of Derrick Walker's rookie driver Roberto Gonzales.

Sad news I know but hey I mean, at least Lola are there to pick up the pieces and after all someone has to be there to take their place, and we all knew Reynard was going to exit the series some time. Here is the full story.http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 10 Dec 2002 at 13:13.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:53 (Ref:446972)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn. I hope Reynard can come back...
Old 10 Dec 2002, 14:00 (Ref:446976)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think its neccessarily that bleak, I'm sure Derrick can drum up business among the new teams, people like Rocketsports may prefer the chassis to Lola, and if Derrick's 2 cars do well, he can find people to switch back to them for 2004.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 14:01 (Ref:446977)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think its neccessarily that bleak, I'm sure Derrick can drum up business among the new teams, people like Rocketsports may prefer the chassis to Lola, and if Derrick's 2 cars do well, he can find people to switch back to them for 2004.

Thinking about it, what happened to Penske's modified Reynards, the 'Reynskes' which were so much ahead of all the others on most road & street courses? Can they be obtained and have Derrick run cars to that spec?
Old 10 Dec 2002, 17:31 (Ref:447125)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone should buy Reynard like Martin Birrane did with Lola at the end of 1997 and run it properly, building new chassis and etc..
Old 10 Dec 2002, 18:04 (Ref:447162)   #6
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is the chassis design being frozen when the Reynard was behind in the development curve. IMHO CART should help Walker by allowing some upgrading to the existing Reynards to even them up with the Lola's. I know its a hard thing to do and probably too late but...

Is Reynard producing chassis for any other formulae in 2003?

Last edited by Flatspot; 10 Dec 2002 at 18:04.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 23:07 (Ref:447321)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember when Lola were down in the dumps in 1998, when only one of their cars was left on the grid? Well, now look at Lola, supplying most of the field in 2003. Not a bad turnaround in 5 years.

The point of the story? Reynard won't do the same thing!

Although Walker will do his upmost best to keep the marque alive, I think it's beating a dead horse. Let it go Derrick, it's over...
Old 10 Dec 2002, 23:29 (Ref:447339)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it's not a dead horse, f1manoz.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:42 (Ref:447422)   #9
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like the doom and gloom statements and try to avoid them when possible. That said, I don't think Reynard will be able to repeat the kind of come back that Lola has without a serious commitment behind it. I don't see that happening here. I know they can't develope the car for the next two years. I don't think that many new teams will opt for the Reynard because the Lola seems to have the edge. In most seasons, a team never really knows how much developement takes place on the car in the off season by the manufacturers. The teams hope that the car they have picked got more out of their car than the car the other teams are picking. In the 2003 season, everyone knows how the cars with compare. Even a slight edge makes a difference in this series.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 10:16 (Ref:448161)   #10
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynard won't be back - how can they? all the assets were broken up and the employees left when the company went into receivership months ago