Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3966473)   #276
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Will you come back this year? Well, when it happens…
My days at the Le Mans Classic are over.
It was a great experience, but 4 times is enough

I am racing mainly single seaters nowadays, so I dont have an eligible car anyways.

Aaaaant, having a family and realising my responsibility,
now way that I would race a pre war car anymore

No hoop, no belts, no race for me

John will not approve....

RuE
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3966500)   #277
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So no Olympics, due to start in July. LMC on borrowed time?
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3966511)   #278
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It’s a hobby
Im not judgemental and understand the hang ups people have racing the pre war stuff, or even rallying the cars. Imagination is not a great help to Pre War drivers!
I am sure the LMC will not take place on the date as no way will circuit be built solely for LMC
If we dismiss early September due to Tour Auto and October is to late it leads us to believe it’s last week in July next year although someone suggested from Paris the other day that 2022 is more probable
We have given up with Alta project due to present circumstances.and Mikes situation .
We wanted to race a Singer TT but fellow who owned it changed his mind about sale. That gave us the Alta plan.
Interested in handicap in Grid 1.
Know it’s a bit pointless if Bugatti is given the stupid handicap from 2018
Should have had a penalty with those Red Bull headlights .
Could see from one end of Mulsanne to the other
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:52 (Ref:3966721)   #279
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I understand where you're coming from Rue, I've never been a fan of single seaters and would never race an FJ for example. Pre war stuff seems much safer to me, its properly built! I guess the two things are a driver being comfortable so as to drive well/confidently, and within sensible limits, as John Says, its a hobby.

I remember looking at speed traps at Goodwood a few years ago, 115 for my car and 135 for a few others which weren't any quicker lap wise, but they didn't have brakes or go round corners!

the 356A went round ok, all the way round if memory serves
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3966725)   #280
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Ninth overall and winning the handicap in Grid 2
Zef and Mr Bell including a spin in traffic they didn’t tell me about!
Found that car was quicker over a lap if the engine hood up.
Bit like the Abarth 600’s
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3966762)   #281
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I wasn't in traffic I did it all on my own . . ..twice!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3966766)   #282
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It was a 1955 Pre A 356
Sold it to young Mr Tordoff who has used it extensively since.
Last time I saw car was at Silverstone Festival in Pre 63 GT race last year when it finished just behind my S90 GT 356
Both in top ten.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3966769)   #283
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I wasn't in traffic.
I was...

Love that car.....
Old 25 Mar 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3966778)   #284
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was...

Love that car.....
Likewise . . .have mentioned to Mrs Zef about possibly getting one one day. If I could just sell my other sheds!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3966788)   #285
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Take care Joe, those little wonders are prone to spin.
Well I've been told
Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3966792)   #286
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Neither Joe or Mike had driven car before practise at LMC and by some magical means did the quickest practise lap by any 356 up to that point.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3966795)   #287
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha yes? Nice. May be because it was the first classification for cars going backwards. Innovation.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3966799)   #288
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well just at look at it. Second pic a French painters cool effort..
Attached Thumbnails
CF66E79F-C9EA-440D-875E-2BE5F65FACCA.jpeg   9B7A3AFD-048D-4BA2-8ADB-F97DCD6C678F.jpeg  
Old 25 Mar 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3966809)   #289
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

That’s a great print

Where do I get one of those prints!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3966817)   #290
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice pics, very famous car. May be I shouldn't suggest but if you have a very good view free of copyright or you have paid for you can ask someone to use photoshop or another software. I helped a friend photographer to make some money like that…
Ce sera plus facile en français, excusez moi: ces logiciels permettent d'obtenir un effet tableau sur toile.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3966819)   #291
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Didn’t realise it was a famous car!
I had it built ten years ago in US then Gareth Burnett at Pace Historic got it sorted when it arrived this side of pond.
Highlight of my ownership other than LMC was going to Ring and GB lapping all the local 356’s
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3966822)   #292
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
'F course she's famous. Just google her, Porsche 356 racing, images, and you'll be convinced.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3966824)   #293
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike do you remember the gentleman driving an SLC in HTC? Name starting by "C" may be. Think he does nice paintings and other trophies using race cars panels. Its all I can remember because last time we met we were at… Marrakech!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3966827)   #294
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
That’s a great print

Thinks Will S found it on the net somewhere. Search doesn’t reveal much just now......

Signed by Gilles Sarthon
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3966829)   #295
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Have to ask Jr.!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3966840)   #296
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Looks like someone took a pic of the original at an exhibition and posted it somewhere on line. The frame (block?) is slightly distorted.......

Agree a print of that would be worth having!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 05:34 (Ref:3966872)   #297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Again, if you have pictures you like, free of copyright, you can make a test with your own computer or lap top. Many have a "logiciel photo" with a lot of special effects as native. Or you can ask a friend to use photoshop for you.
My friend photographer really made money with this during Rétromobile. A good picture. Photoshop. A frame and Bob is your aunt's brother. For money or leasure!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3966894)   #298
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
That’s a great print

It's not bad is it . . . I've always prefered photography for motorsport, they both skiund of grew up together. Happy memories of that weekend, a few good photo's and built myself a replica slot car . . . it'll have to do for now!

BoT It's pretty much a given LMC will get postponed at least now I'd have thought . . . would be nice if it did go ahead as we have a motorsport holiday voucher to use and I still have a 'superhero' license
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3966901)   #299
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Final Balance due

The payment of the balance due for LMC entries is due by 15th April at the latest. Have people paid the balance already?
Thoughts appreciated
Nigel B
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3966907)   #300
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

No

We are paying at last minute but when someone approached PA last week they were adamant that you need to pay all the dosh to stay on list !

Obviously it going to be postponed

Good news is you will be able to hold your entry until the new date which may be later this year, next year or even 2022

Bet that makes you feel better!