Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 2020, 08:42 (Ref:3953076)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, if I can help with translation, in French a new 50s series is said… Fifties!
Old 24 Jan 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3953083)   #277
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Someone asked somewhere about a new Equipe 50s series. This from Autosport yesterday....

It was me who asked about this a while ago, thanks for that. If anyone has more info can they post it here (dates etc)

It is an interesting squeeze in the marketplace. MotorRacingLegends sent out a flyer this week saying drivers will need to be members of their new "club" to enter - at £350 each. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. More dilution I suspect.

Their eligibility is interesting. You can run a Cooper Monaco or a Lotus 15, but not a 3.8 Ctype/D-type or any Allard. They are also excluding the big engined american cars like Kellisons which cant get FIA papers so are looking for somewhere to race. There are a few in the UK and they arent really that competitive if running to period spec

Last edited by Geraint Owen; 24 Jan 2020 at 09:53.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3953093)   #278
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
It was me who asked about this a while ago, thanks for that. If anyone has more info can they post it here (dates etc)

It is an interesting squeeze in the marketplace. MotorRacingLegends sent out a flyer this week saying drivers will need to be members of their new "club" to enter - at £350 each. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. More dilution I suspect.

Their eligibility is interesting. You can run a Cooper Monaco or a Lotus 15, but not a 3.8 Ctype/D-type or any Allard. They are also excluding the big engined american cars like Kellisons which cant get FIA papers so are looking for somewhere to race. There are a few in the UK and they arent really that competitive if running to period spec
Just briefly, Equipe 50 has been created for fans & racers of 1950's Production Sports (up to 3.6-litres) & Sports Racers, sub 2-litres.

John Pearson says: "Equipe 50s is a natural & complementary extension to our existing grids. We think there are many owners & drivers of 1950's cars out there looking for competitive racing in closely matched classes."

Silverstone International, 28 March
Brands Indy 19 April
Spa Summer Classic 27/28 June
Donington 11/12 July
Snetterton 5/6 September
Silverstone National 3 October
Old 24 Jan 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3953152)   #279
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post

I am still on the Legends Mailing List but - preferring single seaters - am not really a MRL client anymore. I did wonder about the 350 pound fee and am quite happy that this is none of my concern.

As Geraint says, that will be interesting to watch as it unfolds.
Do MRL offer day memberships ?

Rudolf
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3953156)   #280
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Rétromobile show, Paris, 5/9 Feb

If you're in Paris area you can meet at least two french meeting organizers, Peter Auto and HVM during Rétromobile show, 5/9 February, porte de Versailles. Clean toilets, overpriced sandwiches. Not a recommendation,info.
https://www.retromobile.com/Visitors...s-for-the-show
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3953159)   #281
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If you're in Paris area you can meet at least two french meeting organizers, Peter Auto and HVM during Rétromobile show, 5/9 February, porte de Versailles. Clean toilets, overpriced sandwiches. Not a recommendation,info.
https://www.retromobile.com/Visitors...s-for-the-show
Will you be going, Gerard?

I've just bought a cheap train ticket for Wednesday 5 February, so hope they will actually be running that day.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3953160)   #282
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Do MRL offer day memberships ?

Rudolf
There is a once per season single race membership- £145......
Old 24 Jan 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3953167)   #283
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yep, more or less mandatory, its always half a pleasure at least, with many people you like to meet and some other you dont appreciate so much…
Mind you, whatever the price of the train ticket nobody can tell what the unions will do. So John, always ready for a nice stop at Pigalle? Haa, les p'tites femmes de Paris sont toujours pleines des surprises. Même quand on les appelle monsieur!
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3953174)   #284
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never been to Retromobile. Last time I went it was the Paris Racing Car Show! We drove down from Wiltshire and back in the day. A very long day....

Must have been the very late 80s or very early 90s. IIRC the next year we flew and satyed overnight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3953176)   #285
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember you're and experienced Paris traveller, Max. Over the years, the autojumble totally disappeared its a shame. Many modern car makers, many good restorers.

What about a beer with John and me this time? I won't suggest anything to Mike! We'll make some selfies…
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3953179)   #286
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I remember you're and experienced Paris traveller, Max. Over the years, the autojumble totally disappeared its a shame. Many modern car makers, many good restorers.

What about a beer with John and me this time? I won't suggest anything to Mike! We'll make some selfies…
I'm up for that! I'm on my own this year, so I can have two beers.

I suppose we are on the wrong thread now.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3953253)   #287
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, just say how much you love England and hate France and everything will be OK. Trade a beer in Paris for a breakfast at Donny!
Speaking about that I think they are some mistakes in the names of the SCC series I gave, its from the french organiser website.
Idem for Pau, I read HF2 + F 5000 in France but dont know what it means for real. Alantic or something else?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3953919)   #288
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the newly issued HSCC Chart Calendar Pau's Historic meeting features non-championship races for Formula Junior, Classic Formula Three, Formula Ford 2000 as well as the Aurora XL Trophy (Pre 1980 Slicks and wings single seaters, F1, F5000, F2 F3, F Atlantic etc ) and the new Geoff Lees Trophy ( Pre 1990 Slicks and wings single seaters F2, F3, F Atlantic etc ) and the European Historic Formula Two series . I would guess that there is a fair possibility that the last three would feature on a combined grid as the races are non-championship although being Pau there could be a bumper entry . This is the first year of the Geoff Lees Trophy so it is an unknown quantity.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3953952)   #289
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci beaucoup, GC, ce sont de jolies nouvelles! Thanks for this clarification, seems some of you buddies didn't chose the easiest way to race but one of the most elegant.
I hope Mike will like you to add this to the relevant thread. Lets hope the non championship aspect will not keep too many out of this little Monaco!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 07:40 (Ref:3953953)   #290
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I guess few here will bother but Grand Prix de Pau Historique is run by the same organisation as all the Motors Cup!, its HVM. Those people have some experience with foreign entries.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3953961)   #291
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I guess few here will bother but Grand Prix de Pau Historique is run by the same organisation as all the Motors Cup!, its HVM. Those people have some experience with foreign entries.
See you there. Well, team Delta will be at Pau,
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3953977)   #292
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
How many cars will you bring delta? Did you plane another testing day at Pau Arnos too?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3953981)   #293
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure he will bring as many as he can fit. I'm sure if he has enough room, he will use it
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3953982)   #294
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
How many cars will you bring delta? Did you plane another testing day at Pau Arnos too?
That is a great idea.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3953988)   #295
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure he will bring as many as he can fit. I'm sure if he has enough room, he will use it
My goodness, that is so profound.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3953998)   #296
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
There is a once per season single race membership- £145......

now thats a smashing deal compared to 350 pounds for the entire season.....

RuE
Old 27 Jan 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3954001)   #297
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s good value for money, especially as it’s not that much cheaper than a full season. Either do one race or the whole season
Old 27 Jan 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3954002)   #298
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s good value for money, especially as it’s not that much cheaper than a full season. Either do one race or the whole season
What?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3954054)   #299
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3954059)   #300
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
What?
well, my remark was meant to be tongue in cheek

I should have resorted to:
"Achtung ! Witzalarm !"
thats German for: Caution, be prepared for a joke....

RuE
Closed Thread