Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jun 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3547212)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Autosport 3hr Snetterton

So who is going to be at the HSCC Autosport 3hr this weekend?

Should be another good 3hr event on Saturday and with the Guards Trophy and the Archie Scott Brown race and the Lister celebrations on the Sunday.

Hope to see you around during the weekend, but only for social reasons, not due to official invitations!

Terry
Old 11 Jun 2015, 06:08 (Ref:3547302)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad someone started a thread for this, as beginning to think had been forgotten!

I'll see you there socially, Terry, as only support crew for 3hr. Not venturing on track, so can't do too much wrong......

Old 11 Jun 2015, 06:37 (Ref:3547305)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be there both days. The meeting has been affected by the Legends race at Le Mans on Saturday, not just through the loss of some cars, which has particularly had an impact on the two FISCAR races on Sunday, but also the loss of owner/drivers/preppers who would otherwise be at Snet. Nevertheless there are going to be some great cars and hopefully good racing.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 11 Jun 2015, 07:28 (Ref:3547320)   #4
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday - first outing in the Alfa Zagato.

Disappointing grid size, but I'm treating this as a test race as it hasn't been on circuit yet. Plus there should be more to come from the engine once we can get some miles on it
Old 11 Jun 2015, 12:01 (Ref:3547415)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes, i alos had been wondering about the silence re Snetterton

i am not going
my team is in Sweden doing the Formula Junior round
so nobody there to look after my bread and butter cars
I think the Swedish round hurts the HSCC meeting more than Le Mans Legends.

HFJ is one of the larger grids in the HSCC
lots of hardcore HSCC racers on their way to Karlskoga

and also: i personally dont happen to like the new revised layouts very much
the 300 version does have some quick corners
and a lot of the old part has survived intact
anyway, I preferred the old version
and am not really tempted to go there

must be getting old myself

Rudolf
Old 11 Jun 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3547463)   #6
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rudolf,
I agree with you about the circuit changes and the 300 in particular. I loved the old Snetterton circuit and the new designed-for Formula-Fliptop single seaters is a dreadful pain. I raced there last year but will not go this year.

Yes, I am an aged s*d but I reserve my right to race at the places I like to race at - Thruxton, Oulton Park, Croft, Silverstone, Brands Hatch GP, Donington, Castle Combe and so on.
Nick
Old 11 Jun 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3547612)   #7
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there somewhere, I'll try to give those of you on track a wave as I'm working for a living this meeting.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3547819)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not in the SC then?
Old 12 Jun 2015, 05:11 (Ref:3547827)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are wandering across to see what happens Saturday afternoon.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3548011)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Rain forecast at 1pm and 3 pm tomorrow!

To much and we stay at home
Old 13 Jun 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3548661)   #11
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
I'll be there on Sunday - first outing in the Alfa Zagato.

And at last the car is ready to load into the trailer for an early departure tomorrow morning. Final fettling and road test this afternoon plus a photo opportunity in the sunshine.

Unfortunately looks like we're probably going to have a wet one.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9835.JPG   IMG_9828.JPG  
Old 13 Jun 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3548956)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And at last the car is ready to load into the trailer for an early departure tomorrow morning. Final fettling and road test this afternoon plus a photo opportunity in the sunshine.

Brian, Alfa looks great! Think it could be drier if not dry tomorrow (Sunday). It rained so hard this morning that track was flooded in places along with some garages. The free practice session for 3hr competitors was eerily silent for some reason! Track conditions during first hour of the race were apparently 'almost undriveable' to 'undriveable', so it was remarkable that only a few corners were dinged, and no car retired through damage. Wet all day, so good luck for better.....
Old 13 Jun 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3549126)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did the Classic Clubmans get in?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3549786)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
How did the Classic Clubmans get in?
They qualified lunchtime, racing today.....
Old 14 Jun 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3549837)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So did the three hour have a winner?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 07:48 (Ref:3549846)   #16
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
So did the three hour have a winner?
O'Connell in a Jag E-Type, results below:

http://www.mstworld.com/resultshsc/s...205/hsc/2015/3
Old 14 Jun 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3549876)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So the best driver won and assume the no 1 Scottish PR man as entrant.

Two of the best blokes in Historics!
Old 14 Jun 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3550091)   #18
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Brian, that really is a beauty. Good luck.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3550385)   #19
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian,
I was sorry to see that you did not make the race : nothing that you can't fix, I hope. Your Practise time looked pretty good. What's the SVZ like to drive ? Just beautiful looking, and I wish I was still racing my Giulietta SZ to join you.
Nick
Old 14 Jun 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3550415)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Beautiful (and rare) car, Brian......sorry to hear you had issues - just teething problems I hope.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3550463)   #21
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Brian,
I was sorry to see that you did not make the race : nothing that you can't fix, I hope. Your Practise time looked pretty good. What's the SVZ like to drive ? Just beautiful looking, and I wish I was still racing my Giulietta SZ to join you.
Nick

Head gasket failure at the end of qualifying, so at least we could get on the road home early!

Quite pleased with times, particularly as I was being held up by the Kurtis which was like a (wide) mobile chicane in the corners and then disappeared down the straights.

Handling not in the same category as the Elite, but really pretty good.

Hopefully should be back out at the HSCC Superprix in July.

My wife didn't bother to take any photos during practice - she was manning the pit board instead. So if anyone took any pictures of the car on track, they would be much appreciated
Old 15 Jun 2015, 04:55 (Ref:3550605)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
O'Connell in a Jag E-Type, results below:

http://www.mstworld.com/resultshsc/s...205/hsc/2015/3
Thanks Gary, not over there but still interested in one of the best mini enduros there is in UK.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 10:06 (Ref:3551075)   #23
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian,

Have you checked Flickr in search of photos? I know photographers use Flickr as a main hub for their galleries.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=...ate-taken-desc
Old 3 Jul 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3555582)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR race reports here

http://fiscar.org/new-page-3/

http://fiscar.org/hscc-autosport-3-h...ng-snetterton/
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 3 Jul 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3555687)   #25
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Head gasket failure at the end of qualifying, so at least we could get on the road home early!

Quite pleased with times, particularly as I was being held up by the Kurtis which was like a (wide) mobile chicane in the corners and then disappeared down the straights.

Handling not in the same category as the Elite, but really pretty good.

Hopefully should be back out at the HSCC Superprix in July.

My wife didn't bother to take any photos during practice - she was manning the pit board instead. So if anyone took any pictures of the car on track, they would be much appreciated
Brian, apologies for slackness but I do have quite a few shots of the Alfa taken in practice. John T has given me your E mail so I will send some stuff over to you ASAP.

Richard S