Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Apr 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3970989)   #251
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone will struggle I think, they had to give all the money back fro motoGp a couple of years ago that was washed out, and were lucky to keep the event in my opinion, nevermind having to presumably at least contribute o having it repaved again.

I have no idea how they make money really.

I am guessing the hotel is paid for by Hilton and the museum must be paid for by them or perhaps lottery money or something? Surely Silverstone have not paid for it all?
Old 17 Apr 2020, 00:12 (Ref:3971235)   #252
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From my side of the armco, I can see a lot of marshals not returning to the bank.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 05:42 (Ref:3971254)   #253
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any particular reason or just time for a change?
Old 17 Apr 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3971304)   #254
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Not just the advance tickets for individual events - I paid out £200 for the MSV 2020 season ticket back in November or December and I'm waiting to see whether it will be rolled over to include next year as well, or if they will offer a partial refund based on if/when the season starts.
Same here along with Goodwood MM entry together with a few other events as well. I'm sure there are worse things to worry about, it'll come right in the end
Old 17 Apr 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3971333)   #255
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Belgium and Germany announced a ban on mass sport events up to 31st of August included. More to follow I'm sure.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3971352)   #256
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If the common sense prevails the "neighbors" should follow quickly. This is a worldwide problem.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 00:03 (Ref:3971461)   #257
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Any particular reason or just time for a change?
I know that many marshals with only a few years experience will find it hard to return to weekends away now their families have got used to having them home, and that several of the older brigade have decided it's time to retire.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3972000)   #258
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA Lurani Trophy 2020

For your information and on behalf of the FJHRA.

---

FIA Lurani Trophy 2020

We have taken the decision, to officially cancel the FIA Lurani Trophy 2020.

The spirit of the FIA Lurani Trophy has always been that it is an International Competition, and even if pockets of Europe are able to open and try to find their feet again in public events and business, it is unlikely that competitors from all sides of Europe, let alone the globe, would be able to freely attend what races may find viability and a rescheduled date.

If or when any racing does take place this year, we will of course still do the events that we have in our calendar, however they will be run instead as stand-alone non championship events.

With imaginative hope, we look forward to the FIA Lurani Trophy 2021 Season.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3973064)   #259
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Optimism rules OK?

020 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – Provisional Calendar

Dates Rounds Venue (Circuit)

August 01/02 1, 2, 3 Donington Park (National)

August 08/09 4, 5, 6 Brands Hatch (Indy)

August 22/23 7, 8, 9 Oulton Park (Island)

August 29/30 10, 11, 12 Knockhill

September 19/20 13, 14, 15 Thruxton

September 26/27 16, 17, 18 Silverstone (National)

October 10/11 19, 20, 21 Croft

October 24/25 22, 23, 24 Snetterton (300)

November 14/15 25, 26, 27 Brands Hatch (GP)
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:19 (Ref:3973067)   #260
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Optimism rules OK?

020 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – Provisional Calendar

Dates Rounds Venue (Circuit)

August 01/02 1, 2, 3 Donington Park (National)

August 08/09 4, 5, 6 Brands Hatch (Indy)

August 22/23 7, 8, 9 Oulton Park (Island)

August 29/30 10, 11, 12 Knockhill

September 19/20 13, 14, 15 Thruxton

September 26/27 16, 17, 18 Silverstone (National)

October 10/11 19, 20, 21 Croft

October 24/25 22, 23, 24 Snetterton (300)

November 14/15 25, 26, 27 Brands Hatch (GP)

I hope none of them had planned any holidays for August, other than a tour of Britain!
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3973069)   #261
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much time for crash damage repairs and rebuilds in that schedule!
How many teams have the full time staff to run that sort of schedule? I thought that many of them had a small permanent staff augmented by part timers at weekends.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3973070)   #262
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Not much time for crash damage repairs and rebuilds in that schedule!
How many teams have the full time staff to run that sort of schedule? I thought that many of them had a small permanent staff augmented by part timers at weekends.
I think there has to be some management of expectation here.

The delayed start to the season means the schedule will be condensed. This will cause challenges for teams, and so we should anticipate that some events won't see a full grid as a result.

I have my own view, but what is better?
A) A full(ish) season in a short calendar, with reduced grids on occasion.
B) A partial season with more time between rounds, with full(er) grids.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3973072)   #263
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best case, they can run those behind closed doors. But that in itself will depend on what the people limit is.

Anyone who thinks 35,000 will be gathering together come August is barking mad.

I'm also baffled at the constant publicaton of updated calendars from different championship organisers. Keep it behind the scenes and only announce anything to the public when they absolutely 100% know the events can happen. They're just adding fuel to the fire, plenty of people will take this as gospel and then there'll be the inevtable uproar on social media when it changes again.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3973123)   #264
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club racing calendars being chopped and changed to accommodate the big boys already.
Inevitable really.
https://brscc.co.uk/brscc-update-on-...rk-august-1-2/
Old 28 Apr 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3973349)   #265
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm wondering where the marshals are going to come from for this flood of events - I know BTCC is a big draw for marshals, but after the lockdown is eased in whatever format there are going to be a lot of other demands on people's time....
Old 29 Apr 2020, 04:55 (Ref:3973499)   #266
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Following our PM announcement, football stadiums could re open in September. under conditions, the said conditions are not clear at the moment. So may be Dijon 15 August could be a reality. I dont think spectators are needed financial wise.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 05:36 (Ref:3973501)   #267
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to the BBC all sporting events are cancelled until September. This article is about football but that would seem to prohibit Dijon in August.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3973517)   #268
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
nothing like a bit of optimism - I've just bought concert tickets for an event in Paris in mid-September !
Old 29 Apr 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3973558)   #269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
According to the BBC all sporting events are cancelled until September. This article is about football but that would seem to prohibit Dijon in August.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well the Pau historic has already been cancelled, along with the Le Mans classic, so Dijon could end up with the same fate, unless things drastically improve
Old 30 Apr 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3973765)   #270
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be we could have something happening mid-August depending on the local situation. Probably no spectators allowed but what about marshaling? More likely it will start end of August/ beginning of September. At the moment some dates in July still appear in the calendars but this seems totally not realistic.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3973820)   #271
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Most marshals are quite "senior" and will be careful about going to events and even so, if the situation is solved by then we will be rushing off on holiday and Sod Alan Gow's bank balance!
Old 30 Apr 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3973831)   #272
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I think the whole season needs knocking on the head.
Agreed. And we shouldn't stay focused on any championship, must be happy with any event and more happy to be in good health condition. Not forgetting that without marshals we can do nothing whatever the country, track, car or series.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3973844)   #273
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The great thing about historics is you can race them anytime, so I’m sure everyone can wait till next year
Old 1 May 2020, 21:55 (Ref:3974025)   #274
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Most marshals are quite "senior" and will be careful about going to events and even so, if the situation is solved by then we will be rushing off on holiday and Sod Alan Gow's bank balance!
Oi! I'm not 50 until September! Oh...

Interestingly MUK emailed out a survey to registered marshals, licensed officials and other volunteers today which was in general aimed at "will you be coming back and what could be done to make sure you do?".

If the calendars are indeed as daft as are being made out at the moment, the last few weeks of the season - even if it's extended into December - will be barmy. They definitely won't be balmy.
Old 2 May 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3974066)   #275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Our PM announced the cancellation of the 19/20 season for "sports collectifs professionnels". No meeting bringing more than 5000 people allowed before September. And there are a lot of TBC's or to be discussed in official communications. More info on June 2.