Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 22 Jun 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1337162)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regional Kart championships?

I've thought about this idea many times. We have Super One and Stars Of tomorrow National championships however it's not unknown that to compete in these you need to have a fair amount of money and time on your hands.

There's the NKRC (i think?) however they are very selective on what classes to run and travel very nationally again which requires large quantities of money.

What i think would be good is to have some form of regional championships. I.e South, South East, Midland, East, West, North and i think Scotland might already have one?

For example south east could have:

Buckmore,
Lydd,
Rye House,
Bayford Meadows
etc.

East could have:
Kimbolton,
Ellough,
Red Lodge,
Wildtracks

Each hosting one meeting maybe two depending on track allowances but keeping the cost of racing to club level and having them regionally means travelling costs are minimal.

Any support for the idea?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1337215)   #2
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definatly support the idea, it'd be great, but I don't think that there are enough kart circuits in England to support regional championships.

They do have this in France by the way, always have. The regional championships they have are REALLY well supported. I may be going to one in a few weeks time, and I'll be one in a grid of SIXTY ICC's!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1337382)   #3
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
60 phew! I thought muscling a 125 direct drive in to one corner around 28 others was an eye opener
Old 22 Jun 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1337499)   #4
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had exactly the same thought about a year ago.

Point is, there (kinda) are!

NKF
NKRA

Only problem is, both have kinda shot themselves in the foot as far as being “regional” championships. Both concentrated on individual classes (gearbox and FBlue respectively), at the expense of grids in the other classes. I did the NKF in ’03 and it was great fun, learning new tracks and racing against new people. It’s a shame it’s not (yet) achieved it’s potential. Also did the NKRA, but that was always a rather pointless affair – it’s amateurish and the trophies didn’t mean much to me.

But would agree that a PROPER “regional” championship structure would go down well, as a kinda midway point between club and national level. How about this?

Scottish/Ulster region (SSS) Boyndie, Crail, Golspie, Larkhall, Nutts Corner
Northern region (NKF) Fulbeck, GYG, PFI, Rowrah, Three Sisters, Warden Law, Wombwell
Midlands region Ellough, Kimbolton, Little Rissington, Llandow, Shenington, Whilton Mill
Southern region Bayford Meadows, Blackbushe, Buckmore Park, Clay Pigeon, Dunkeswell, Lydd, Rye House

Now all we need to do is convince the powers-that-be!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1337732)   #5
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I think if there was enough support and people could club together to actively set up a 'club' for each region and enquire about track availability then it would be possible with the right exposure