Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3693951)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Your next Holden Supercar...

...caught in the wild in LA recently is the new Opel Insignia, the car that will carry the Commodore badge in the Holden lineup in it's next generation.

Old 6 Dec 2016, 04:48 (Ref:3694075)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The front end looks like a MAZDA Grill,
Old 6 Dec 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3694083)   #3
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking that from these pics the front and rear ends are very similar to the extinct FGX.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3694095)   #4
AWASP
Rookie

AWASP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's also a hatchback, maybe the Torana will come back .....
Old 6 Dec 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3694102)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or the Gemini.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 07:57 (Ref:3694103)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its a bit Tesla, a bit Kia for mine. Not horrible, not great.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3694255)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't like the hatcback rear.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3694279)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Looks like a modern sedan to me?
Old 6 Dec 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3694327)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Here are the images on the Holden version, from Wheels: https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/16...odore-revealed

Last edited by Tourer; 6 Dec 2016 at 23:10.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 23:33 (Ref:3694332)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your Next Holden Commodore...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Dec 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3694338)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
wonder how long to we see a speced up one for Supercars. hopefully will look better when they add wings and wheels etc
Old 7 Dec 2016, 00:33 (Ref:3694342)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
"“In terms of size, it sits between a [1997] VT and the [2006] VE, which we think is the sweet spot.”"

So why not just say VY/VZ?
Old 7 Dec 2016, 01:00 (Ref:3694348)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 7 Dec 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3694547)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This red one looks already better.
Would be nice looking SC.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3695096)   #15
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its a bit Tesla, a bit Kia for mine. Not horrible, not great.
IMHO not a pinch on the KIA optima which it appears to have copied - not my cup of tea but the sheep will buy it as with the Holden badge it must be made in Australia. being Front wheel drive it will probably keep the Bogans in what they already drive
Old 12 Dec 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3695385)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wonder how long to we see a speced up one for Supercars. hopefully will look better when they add wings and wheels etc
Old 19 Mar 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3719958)   #17
AnEmmoFan
Rookie

AnEmmoFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the recent announcement that GM is going to sell its European business (Opel and Vauxhall) to the PSA group which includes Peugeot and Citroen, has anyone ideas on what that may mean in the medium term for a Holden badged supercar. Remember that the Insignia/Commodore comes from Germany.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3719964)   #18
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEmmoFan View Post
With the recent announcement that GM is going to sell its European business (Opel and Vauxhall) to the PSA group which includes Peugeot and Citroen, has anyone ideas on what that may mean in the medium term for a Holden badged supercar. Remember that the Insignia/Commodore comes from Germany.
In the medium term (this year and next) possibly nothing, in the long term, probably the end of their involvement, why would they continue when the series has no relevance to their stable of models.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3719981)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEmmoFan View Post
Was announced here in Oz that the Opel deal would stand till at least 2022 with discussions beyond that to be had. So in the medium term no change from the current plans I would think. Beyond that, nothing definite at this stage BUT that timeframe IS 5 years away and a lot can happen in that time, both in the road car and the race car world.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3722309)   #20
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM still has the Cruze, Malibu and Impala in the US based on separate (although related) platforms, I would have to imagine they would use the next generation for future Holdens rather than outsource to PSA/Opel.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3722324)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
GM still has the Cruze, Malibu and Impala in the US based on separate (although related) platforms, I would have to imagine they would use the next generation for future Holdens rather than outsource to PSA/Opel.
More likely to be related to the Buick Regal (also a rebadged Opel Insignia) or the Lacrosse, a model which comes with V6 engines up to 3.8 litres and made in the US, China & Korea.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3722343)   #22
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Insignia front end looks quite short (East West ONLY?)...will be interesting to see what sort of safety badge it gets to wear...
Old 29 Mar 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3722368)   #23
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
The Insignia front end looks quite short (East West ONLY?)...will be interesting to see what sort of safety badge it gets to wear...
If you are referring to ANCAP, as from 2018 we will be aligned with NCAP, to share datta on vehicles.

https://www.ancap.com.au/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/448298/a...ope-from-2018/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...a9bc420f063427
Old 10 Apr 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3725165)   #24
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
More likely to be related to the Buick Regal (also a rebadged Opel Insignia) or the Lacrosse, a model which comes with V6 engines up to 3.8 litres and made in the US, China & Korea.
What I meant is that there are already 'evolutions' of the pure-Opel designed cars that GM could use, as opposed to the pure re-badging of the Insignia and Astra. Not that the Commodore would become a Lacrosse clone in future.