Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2727574)   #426
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 16 - Plateau 6 (R3)

18 for this one. I love the Toblerone Porsche but couldn't get a decent shot of it despite several attempts. Anyone got a better shot of it than the one below? Also, does anyone know its history?:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3295wb.jpg   IMG_3307wb.jpg   IMG_3315wb.jpg  

IMG_3318wb.jpg   IMG_3327wb.jpg   IMG_3342wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2727576)   #427
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 16 - Plateau 6 (R3) - (2)

More:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3355wb.jpg   IMG_3360wb.jpg   IMG_3380wb.jpg  

IMG_3405wb.jpg   IMG_3413wb.jpg   IMG_3418wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2727577)   #428
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 16 - Plateau 6 (R3) - (2)

I hope these are better than those in the last post!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3422wb.jpg   IMG_3425wb.jpg   IMG_3431wb.jpg  

IMG_3447wb.jpg   IMG_3449wb.jpg   IMG_3491wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2727578)   #429
WillFly
Rookie

United Kingdom
Fleet, Hampshire
WillFly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
18 for this one. I love the Toblerone Porsche but couldn't get a decent shot of it despite several attempts. Anyone got a better shot of it than the one below? Also, does anyone know its history?:-
I've got a shot of the back half of it I think, buit none with the full car. Similarly the multicoloured (red yellow green ?) open cockpit car. I'll see what I can find tonight and put it on here.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2727579)   #430
WillFly
Rookie

United Kingdom
Fleet, Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I hope these are better than those in the last post!:-
no55 was the car I was refering to in my last post.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2727585)   #431
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Agree with Mr H.The bloke in white car and his pit crew are ******s.Some of the pit work was stupid and I was in pits most of 24 hrs and witnessed these pantomimes.

New best story.My Speedster lost its tax disc somewhere along Mulsanne Straight.It was being driven by Lee Maxted Page and the disc was in one of his disc holders.Seems it flew over the fence and onto a table in Mulsanne Restaurant where a very good man was eating.The tax disc arrived back with Lee today with the story.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2727599)   #432
hoffmeister
Rookie

United Kingdom
in a small flat with a very big workshop
hoffmeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFurness View Post
Some of the weird and wonderful from the camp site.

The guys in the van came prepared !!

The Opel Kadett not quite my cup of tea but each to his own.

The little green job was parked next to us (name that car) and was driven by a 6 plus foot driver from the Wirral only finished in the last few weeks. A French guy came over who also has one. They talked for ages and agreed to meet in two years time. Love !!
Hello camping buddies,owner of the little green car here.Thanks for including us in your weird and wonderful Lemans pics.Your umbrella has seen great service in northern France and now resides on the Wirral. Has anyone out there got pics or video of our little green car on the parade laps?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2727607)   #433
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3)

Welcome Hoffmeister - Pretty sure that we have a thread on Olympics in the Classic car part of our Road car forum.

Last lot; I'll try to do it justice. These guys are entertaining. They look at the pit, wave to the pits, look at each other, look at their shoes, at their instruments and I wouldn't mind betting that they chat to each other down the Mulsanne Straight. If you are really lucky you might catch them looking at the track ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3543wb.jpg   IMG_3551wb.jpg   IMG_3552wb.jpg  

IMG_3556wb.jpg   IMG_3559wb.jpg   IMG_3564wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2727609)   #434
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3) - (2)

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3577wb.jpg   IMG_3583wb.jpg   IMG_3586wb.jpg  

IMG_3611wb.jpg   IMG_3616wb.jpg   IMG_3618wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2727615)   #435
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3) - (3)

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3644wb.jpg   IMG_3651wb.jpg   IMG_3664wb.jpg  

IMG_3666wb.jpg   IMG_3684wb.jpg   IMG_3708wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2727618)   #436
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3) - (4)

More!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3733wb.jpg   IMG_3751wb.jpg   IMG_3757wb.jpg  

IMG_3763wb.jpg   IMG_3768wb.jpg   IMG_3779wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2727624)   #437
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3) - (5)

And more!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3795wb.jpg   IMG_3797wb.jpg   IMG_3843wb.jpg  

IMG_3864wb.jpg   IMG_3885wb.jpg   IMG_3894wb.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2727627)   #438
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 17 - Plateau 1 (R3) - (6)

And finally:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3942wb.jpg   IMG_3964wb.jpg   IMG_3983wb.jpg  

IMG_3994wb.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2727630)   #439
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
That's my lot. I was sent on a mission by my son during the last race for Plateau 2 cars. In fact Plateau 2 have had very short measure from me due to the timing of their races, so if anyone has any pics from that plateau in particular, I'm sure we would be pleased to see them.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2727648)   #440
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well done John T and I didn't know you could lean that far out of a Talbot,Phil S in
434.Mags in much easier pose.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2727649)   #441
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonjour (Rochdale) Olympians,

We had another warning light come on the BMW on the return trip. Another orange one for the exhuast emmisions this time. Not like a real car when you have to interperet things yourself.

I trust the little green one behaved well on the return trip.

Steve
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2727824)   #442
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
For me this is no problem, coming out of the top chicane to see the flashes go off like a mexican wave along the grandstand is really very cool, and any way the most "flashed" spot is La Source at Spa - during the Six Hours it seems like they are putting the camera and flash in the car with you - you just get used to it! Personally I love the dusk and nighttime shots!
I agree, it is fun to see the darkness come alive with the flashes, they get your attention but not enough to distract from the job in hand.

I didn't see the incident of the B16's and i am sure it was a bit too exciting for SH. I had my own issues with a 512 & M1 sliding into the gravel trap.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2727900)   #443
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

As with all these high end meetings they let drivers in with no experience or very little match practise.Goodwood,LMC,Monterey.Along with these you get idiots controling pit stops etc
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2727932)   #444
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Well done John T and I didn't know you could lean that far out of a Talbot,Phil S in
434.Mags in much easier pose.
Talking of leaning out, I wonder if you have any idea how far over the Grandstand balcony I was leaning to get some of those overhead pitlane shots. Kev was quite concerned at one point that I would fall off. No chance of that really, but I did have some heavy bruising to my stomach from hanging over the guardrail! And, by heavens, those grandstand seats on the inside of the track were on an incredibly steep stagger. Crampons wouldn't have been out of place on those steps!

I'm up for some pic requests if I have missed out anybody but no promises as I'm pretty certain that I didn't get all the cars, and as I've said, I'm very light on Plateau 2 cars.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2727969)   #445
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are also many pictures in this treath :
http://www.chassimages.com/forum/ind...c,93260.0.html
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2728213)   #446
WillFly
Rookie

United Kingdom
Fleet, Hampshire
Excellent Plateau 1 shots John, I missed all of plateau 1, definately need to spend more time trackside next time and less time in the pub
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2728252)   #447
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As with all these high end meetings they let drivers in with no experience or very little match practise.Goodwood,LMC,Monterey.Along with these you get idiots controling pit stops etc
One driver in P2 was wearing a HANS device- in a car with no rollover bar and no seatbelts.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2728256)   #448
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffiths View Post
One driver in P2 was wearing a HANS device- in a car with no rollover bar and no seatbelts.
Did you mean the XK, I thought he had belts on, no rollover bar & a Hans - whatever, extremely dangerous if he have put it in the gravel trap & rolled it.

Chris
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2728268)   #449
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the one. I think it was their first ever race, so I imagine that in Switzerland you collect three packet tops and complete the sentence "I want to be a racing driver because...." in less than 15 words and they let you have an international licence.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2728290)   #450
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

11 words!